Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Woo hoo! Congratulations. Expect to leave China very soon. Happy and safe travels.
Yeah was reviewing his scans and comparing to mine I was guessing tomorrow but appears he may be moving a day sooner than we experienced still fun to see the other waves of preorder day purchasers who are here. Its not dead year may make 1000 yet. Also nice to see what folks in our little family are experiencing with their new phones and share and learn more about how to use them

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Did anyone who have their new phones shipped to them able to complete their "trade in" in store instead of mailing the trade in kit? I tried yesterday, they said I could not, but other online said they were able to complete it in store.

Reactions: iHeartsteve
Yeah was reviewing his scans and comparing to mine I was guessing tomorrow but appears he may be moving a day sooner than we experienced still fun to see the other waves of preorder day purchasers who are here. Its not dead year may make 1000 yet. Also nice to see what folks in our little family are experiencing with their new phones and share and learn more about how to use them
The good thing about other waves is UPS releases all the live activity. He should be getting out later today.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Has anyone in Wave 3 seen any movement yet? Nothing since 720 PM 9/17 at ZZ.

View attachment 2070582

Seems your phone is riding with my husband’s.

1a3f021e5c509526af3e89ed3773347e.jpg

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
I think I'll let UPS deliver my Apple Watch Ultra instead of picking it up at my UPS Customer Center. It was super easy to pick up the iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple (max pride shown for the iPhone) at the CC, but it's about a half hour drive one way.
What extreme sports are you into to spend that kind of money on the Ultra?

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Doing the dishes. 🤣
I had an Apple Watch 3 and upgraded to the new Series 8 this year as the battery on the 3 was shot and I wanted the fitness tracking abilities of the newer watch to better track my fitness routine (I am a natural bodybuilder.) I looked at the Ultra but had no need for the extra abilities of the watch for such a large price increase. So I purchased a 45mm Series 8. I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max and upgraded this year as the battery was down to 80% capacity and it still had a value of around $425 to it. So I upgraded this year particularly for the 4nm processor and the 48mp camera as I manage a fitness center and take a lot of photos for business promotional use and could really use the better image capture for my work. The stability of the video capture will also aid in my creating promotional videos for the gym.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Not yet. But it’s been shipping. Getting it on Friday. You need to get it. It’s a game
Changer. Or do you prefer Rolexes?
Would love to play with one but at $800 a pop will stick with my 7 it does what I need. I am a retired geologist and do not get out that much now that I have to spring for my own trips vs a company vehicle. Other than trip to Tucson with business partner to get fossils and minerals for midwest US shows an rare trilobite collecting trips I am usually near everything.

I suppose if they had a iUP program I could afford to play but seriously on a Illinois State pension that is a bit of a budget breaker. And no cannot use Apple Card they wont quality me as I have too much credit card debt I am working down to pay over next 3 years (fossils,trips, car maintenance things I did not save for but doing better LOL). I tried several times and they looked at debt on cards and said i do not quality so my watch purchases need to be on money from budget.

My phone is my one retirement luxury I allow myself that does not require me to have Apple Card. If it were not for iPU I probably would not upgrade phones every year either.

Looking forward to yours @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 you will report to us for sure!!!

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Slightly off topic. Does anyone make a lightning charging cable that is scratch friendly. My 13 PM had some very minor hairline scratches around the charge port due to me missing the proverbial hole at times. Since I’m trading in my iPhone 13 PM I tested it, gently brushed the end of the lightning plug against the stainless steel frame and it leaves a faint line.
Wish the tip was plastic

Attachments

• F304C8EE-6F58-493B-9F0B-A022802F8A64.jpeg
    F304C8EE-6F58-493B-9F0B-A022802F8A64.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I was going through a bunch of pages and see people posting photos, but a bunch of them seem to be in 12mp mode. The camera on the new phone doesn't default to 48mp being turned on. You have to go into the camera settings and turn on Pro Raw and then turn on 48mp in order to get the 48mp photos. It is turned off by default.

Reactions: Brad7

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
I ordered that one also. (3 Case Mate cases for this phone. Lol). I hope it makes me love the purple.
I think you will like it. That case was made for darker phones IMO, the silver would get "lost" on a lighter phone. Now, I'm trying to talk myself out of another Case-Mate case (I still have 3 more that haven't been delivered from other sites)!

• Haha
Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.