Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
I was going through a bunch of pages and see people posting photos, but a bunch of them seem to be in 12mp mode. The camera on the new phone doesn't default to 48mp being turned on. You have to go into the camera settings and turn on Pro Raw and then turn on 48mp in order to get the 48mp photos. It is turned off by default.
The reason why it’s not on by fault could be be because of the massive size of the file. 75MP for one photo is a lot.

CD8ADA85-466F-45CF-AA8E-FE5CDD974430.jpeg
CE0A7E30-9773-43B2-8487-ABDCA30A9CC6.jpeg

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I think you will like it. That case was made for darker phones IMO, the silver would get "lost" on a lighter phone. Now, I'm trying to talk myself out of another Case-Mate case (I still have 3 more that haven't been delivered from other sites)!
I wished they didn't have the BIG "CASE MATE" wording on them though.

Reactions: alexcue

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
This is big. I wonder if this means the phone is stateside or headed to AK?
Just means the local customs work in China has been completed. They work in concert with UPS (this is all UPS procedures once they possess your phone) in Louisville so that when your phone arrives the remaining customs scans are pretty quick and your phone is mostly already accepted by US Customs. Its still in China

Reactions: ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Just means the local customs work in China has been completed. They work in concert with UPS (this is all UPS procedures once they possess your phone) in Louisville so that when your phone arrives the remaining customs scans are pretty quick and your phone is mostly already accepted by US Customs. Its still in Chin
Just means the local customs work in China has been completed. They work in concert with UPS (this is all UPS procedures once they possess your phone) in Louisville so that when your phone arrives the remaining customs scans are pretty quick and your phone is mostly already accepted by US Customs. Its still in China
My status hasn’t changed but am hoping it happens soon! Thank you for the update.

Reactions: rjjacobson

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Woo hoo! Congratulations. Expect to leave China very soon. Happy and safe travels.
Thank you oh High Priestess of the Apple product release MagLev train - your support goes above and beyond. Next time you see Janet, we will see if we can let you hitch a ride to Area 51 or S4 - you do work in the aviation industry now, even if your Audi license plate has custom PD plates!

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Did anyone who have their new phones shipped to them able to complete their "trade in" in store instead of mailing the trade in kit? I tried yesterday, they said I could not, but other online said they were able to complete it in store.
Last year UPS lost my trade in box on its way to me. When I figured out the box was truly lost I called Apple. They said they'd send another box, but by the time it came to me and was returned it would be too late to meet the deadline, which would screw up the payments for the IUP program. I offered to go to a store to return the phone, but they said IUP was dependent on a specific box, one with the serial number on it, being returned to a specific place. An Apple store wouldn't have a way to properly return a phone which was to be shipped in a specific box.

Anyway, last year the box was shipped again and it did indeed arrive back to Apple late. But since I called about the problem the loan on the old phone was frozen until the box was checked in.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Former Sept 28 - Oct 3 here to cheer everyone in the new waves on! And also, be an informative downer when people think their iPhone was jacked and needs to be replaced. If I can save one person from the replacement chaos I went through last year I will be a happy geek.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
So @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗, you know about my switch to the Aluminum Midnight AW Series 8 and I was coming from a SS Series 7. I really love the Midnight color on the AW 8, but I have also decided that I'm going to keep the SS model, because it looks elegant for special occasions, such as a wedding. I went to a wedding last night and decided to wear the SS model; it looks elegant and classy, so I'm going to keep it. But the Aluminum Midnight will be my daily driver.

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
Here she is! Love the Deep Purple, it's understated in most lighting which I prefer. Really like the feel of the Pro Max in hand and iOS 16 is kinda dreamy. Also loving my private island and all the things it can do. It's the upgrade I wanted for sure!

As far as protection, I went with the TORRAS Diamond Clear and the Diamond Shield combo for now. I'm very much Goldilocks when it comes to cases with a new phone so I'm sure I'll be back with more options later.

Cheers to this thread and I hope everyone keeps the good vibes and enjoys their toys! :cool::D

Attachments

• 9C2AFD86-4F93-455D-85FD-221D180201CC.jpeg
    9C2AFD86-4F93-455D-85FD-221D180201CC.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 3422DCF0-F98E-48E9-8165-A703C1E716BA.jpeg
    3422DCF0-F98E-48E9-8165-A703C1E716BA.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.