Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
How is everyone phones doing today
1663516665230.gif

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I just tried the 2000 nit outdoor use. That is really bright. And after 20 minutes, it never even got warm.
Iā€™m writing this on my 13 Pro (14 Pro is still sitting on my desk waiting to be setup - I know, I know, Iā€™ll finally be able to get to it after breakfast*) and it is virtually unusable in this morning sun. It made me excited to see how my 14 Pro will perform in these conditions.

* Iā€™ve not yet gotten to activating as A) Iā€™ve had a pretty busy weekend and B) Iā€™m not sure how I want to approach activation this time around. I normally transfer OTA my contents from the previous iPhone, or backup from iCloud, but not sure if I just want to start clean and enable iCloud and go from there. That slight uncertainty has me thinking Iā€™ll want more time for this process than Iā€™ve had this weekend. šŸ˜œ

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
This iPhone dock needs to make a come back. Hopefully with the iPhone 15 USB-C. The dock station for an iPhone would be ideal. It was discontinued in November 2021.

View attachment 2070733

This is my Anker stand and Qi charger. It has a little shelf on the base for my AirPods Pro to charge them as well. With my Apple MagSafe case it is held firmly in place.

This is how my iPhone has a full charge when I go to bed, it was charging here!

1663518001364.png

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Iā€™m writing this on my 13 Pro (14 Pro is still sitting on my desk waiting to be setup - I know, I know, Iā€™ll finally be able to get to it after breakfast*) and it is virtually unusable in this morning sun. It made me excited to see how my 14 Pro will perform in these conditions.

* Iā€™ve not yet gotten to activating as A) Iā€™ve had a pretty busy weekend and B) Iā€™m not sure how I want to approach activation this time around. I normally transfer OTA my contents from the previous iPhone, or backup from iCloud, but not sure if I just want to start clean and enable iCloud and go from there. That slight uncertainty has me thinking Iā€™ll want more time for this process than Iā€™ve had this weekend. šŸ˜œ

I haven't set up a "new" phone since iPhone 7. I back up and restore to iTunes and that has worked for years when transferring to the next iPhone version. I found no advantage to setting up fresh, unless you have some serious problem you can't seem to fix.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
So @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—, you know about my switch to the Aluminum Midnight AW Series 8 and I was coming from a SS Series 7. I really love the Midnight color on the AW 8, but I have also decided that I'm going to keep the SS model, because it looks elegant for special occasions, such as a wedding. I went to a wedding last night and decided to wear the SS model; it looks elegant and classy, so I'm going to keep it. But the Aluminum Midnight will be my daily driver.
I have AW 4 in aluminum and will be upgrading to series 8. My big question is should I get the silver aluminum model currently unavailable at my local Apple store or get the available SS? Iā€™m worried about the ss scratching and looking old and crappy. My series 4 aluminum still looks new. Iā€™d really love to get the ss.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Mine was turned on by default.
Pretty sure mine was on on my 14 Pro Max, but I restored from my 13 Pro Max that had it turned on from when I installed iOS 16 on it.

But I love the subtle feedback, unlike the clinky clunky sounds of keyboard and lock and all those other alert sounds, yuck! Did i already mention that? lol

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Put the phone on AOD when I went to sleep last night . This morning found out that the device didnā€™t turn on until I had to force restart ! May be not related to AOD

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.