Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 4.18.17 PM.png

Anyone else getting AirPods Pro (2nd generation) on launch day still Processing? Only thing that's changed so far is the text saying that they're preparing my order. Other than that, nada. Placed the order on 9/9 when they opened.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Interesting, I dont recall what service Apple used on last Friday's iPhone delivery but my phone that was scheduled for the 28th-3rd it is using "UPS Worldwide Expedited". My UPS man will be making 4 deliveries in the last week. iPhone 14 pro max 256 purple last Friday, iPhone trade in kit Tuesday, trade in kit 2 on Wednesday, and iPhone 14 pro max 256 black on Thursday.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the stupid esim errors I've been getting before the trade in kit arrives. Setup the purple phone last night but Verizon prepaid and esim isn't playing nice. Should be much easier on my phone with Mint on Thursday, I already have a trip planned to test out the new cameras too.

Reactions: CarolG

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
When I picked up my online order Friday they asked if I wanted to trade in my current iPhone. I was enrolling in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program.

You can’t do a trade in at the start of an IUP. You can process one separate from the IUP but not with it. You would get a gift card from the trade in. In other words, the trade in would not be deducted from your IUP balance.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
View attachment 2071219
Anyone else getting AirPods Pro (2nd generation) on launch day still Processing? Only thing that's changed so far is the text saying that they're preparing my order. Other than that, nada. Placed the order on 9/9 when they opened.
They probably won't ship till Monday or Tuesday. If its anything like the iPhone shipments it won't even say shipped on Apple until like Thursday evening.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Almost 100% sure they can't process a trade in for an online order in store. They can only do an in store trade in during a purchase.
Of course they can process the trade in for an online order. I've that that countless of times in the past with no problems. It all depends on who you get and if they know what they are dong.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

Deep1312

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2022
If I do an online order for delivery, can i change it to in store pick up, if it becomes available earlier?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
View attachment 2071219
Same here. mine says the same, my card has not been charged yet. Also I used the apple pay on this order using my 13 pro max but I traded it in so who knows if it will goes through. If I do get the awaiting for payment, I'll just update it then to enter my card number.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
They probably won't ship till Monday or Tuesday. If its anything like the iPhone shipments it won't even say shipped on Apple until like Thursday evening.
Which is normal, no, I know... If it's like iPhone shipments it should be Preparing to Ship now.

As I started typing this response, however, I also realized that these are probably shipping from the US and not China... Therefore, it might switch to Preparing to Ship later...

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Which is normal, no, I know... If it's like iPhone shipments it should be Preparing to Ship now.

As I started typing this response, however, I also realized that these are probably shipping from the US and not China... Therefore, it might switch to Preparing to Ship later...
Yeah stuff delivering on the 23rd is probably already in the US.

Reactions: IceCool

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Of course they can process the trade in for an online order. I've that that countless of times in the past with no problems. It all depends on who you get and if they know what they are dong.
Ok I just asked and I stand corrected! They said you can. This must be somewhat new though I know in store trade in before was limited to in store purchases. I picked up an 8 Plus I think it was back in the day and they still mailed the kit.

Reactions: CarolG

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Yea I've been trying to help my cousin find a pro max this weekend and it's been nuts. He went to the apple store early Saturday morning and they claim to have 2 14 pro max in 256 available. But the person in front of him bought both... SMH. Then he ran an hour and a half to another store and did manage to get one but it was by the skin of his teeth as the person in front on him walked out of line at that store.

He could have ordered on line then picked up. From the time he ordered, it would have been his. They even hold it for a few days if you don’t show up at the appointed time.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
View attachment 2071219
My AirPod Pro 2 (engraved) were actually on a truck to be delivered Friday. It then popped up as delivered while I was home. Were not delivered. Guessing they figured out I should not be getting them till this Friday. Only item on the order and I found the information via UPS Reference Tracking

• Wow
Reactions: IceCool

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
He could have ordered on line then picked up. From the time he ordered, it would have been his. They even hold it for a few days if you don’t show up at the appointed time.
The in store stock online has been iffy. My experience at my store when there is a line is they go down the line and mark the device as reserved. So if that person was in line and had already said he wanted those 2 phones they wouldn't have been shown online for pickup. (Provided that store was doing the same) it just keeps people from ordering all the stock online for pickup when the people where actually waiting in the line first.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Do Apple stores have separate stock for people ordering online for in-store pickup than walk-ins?
It’s a rumor. I doubt it. Because last year when I returned my iPhone 13 PM for a refund to rebuy they told me “best of luck, come back in the next few months. “ In getting a replacement stock wise. And that was Apple Store in international mall Tampa.

Last edited:

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Are you asking someone to justify their purchase to you? The only extreme sport anyone needs to be into to buy the Ultra is the sport of wanting to buy the Ultra.
Negative. Optimism there SisterBlue22. I manage a gym and am a fitness nut. I am very outdoorsy. I am curious to what other fitness people are using the Ultra watch for so I can get some ideas of applicable uses. I toyed with the idea of getting one being a fitness guru, but my personal engagement in fitness is limited to working out, light to moderate hiking, and jogging. I wouldn't take advantage of the benefits of the watch so the expense wasn't worth it for me. I am just curious as to what extreme sports or fitness people are into that will benefit from using the watch so I could possibly recommend it to the members of my gym. The members ask me for advice on products that would benefit them and I figured asking some people in this group who were getting it may give me some ideas for possible uses for it.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Do Apple stores have separate stock for people ordering online for in-store pickup than walk-ins?
Are you referring to on launch day? If so yes when you pre order for pickup that's shipped to the store separately of in store stock. That's why a few days after pre order or when they sell out it says "check availability starting 9/16" because that's when orders are fulfilled from store stock and not shipped in for pickup. The pre orders are shipped from china to the store just like they would be shipped from china to your house when you pre order.

Reactions: SpecB and Brad7

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
It’s a rumor. I doubt it. Because last year when I returned my iPhone 13 PM for a refund or rebuy they told me “best of luck “ I’m getting a replacement stick wise. And that was Apple Store in international mall Tampa.

I was told the same thing there a few years ago… they only had the pre-orders in stock. I was going to try Brandon mall but ordered online instead for delivery.

Reactions: SpecB and Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.