Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
The members ask me for advice on products that would benefit them and I figured asking some people in this group who were getting it may give me some ideas for possible uses for it.
More than happy to share why this non extreme sports person (unless you count golf which can be extreme on totally different levels 😂) I travel a lot and have days where my watch might get pummeled with piles of notifications and the only option I have to charge it might be at night.

I really want to track sleep while on the road. I also wat to wear the watch at night for fall detection. I actually took a nasty stumble at night during some covid brain fog and it made me want to get out of the routine of charging the watch at night.

I think the Ultra's better battery will allow me to have watch life during my extreme (see what I did there) work / travel days and still wear it at night if I am not able to charge it during the day.

While I am not sure how good it is I am also curious about the siren. Might be handy when I am walking or any other situation where making some sort of noise will help with helping / locating me.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
C61D4FEC-F1E0-4A11-BFD1-804AA6DD7DD8.jpeg
0C914656-F544-448B-B806-498B70E6DE14.jpeg
Some beachside steak and water before I head over to pick up the phone

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
I have AW 4 in aluminum and will be upgrading to series 8. My big question is should I get the silver aluminum model currently unavailable at my local Apple store or get the available SS? I’m worried about the ss scratching and looking old and crappy. My series 4 aluminum still looks new. I’d really love to get the ss.

I’ve had mine almost a year.

5c9796c27eeb7c03abedc70078ae9d35.jpg

Available on Amazon.

a1108d3c68f5807151c35c341b49e8b7.jpg

leeskizz

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
Has your delivery date changed at all? UPS always said this Thursday and still does, by apple went from the 28th-Oct 3, to tomorrow, to a week from Monday.
my apple date on the Mac desktop says oct. 26 (next Monday) and the iPhone still says sept. 28-oct. 3. but UPS hasn't changed from Thursday since I saw originally.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 17.08.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-18 at 17.08.19.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 59

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
View attachment 2071219
Anyone else getting AirPods Pro (2nd generation) on launch day still Processing? Only thing that's changed so far is the text saying that they're preparing my order. Other than that, nada. Placed the order on 9/9 when they opened.
🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻 my delivery confirmation was at 5:02am and I am still processing.

njg0ddess

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
So ups has been saying Thursday delivery and apple has been showing tomorrow. Just looked on apple.com and now they are saying Monday the 26th. Anyone see their delivery change?
When I checked Apple it still says the 26 also. Tomorrow my return kit will be here apparently but the tracking for my phone on ups says Thursday I’m hoping it moves up again but Thursday is still better than next Monday. Did you check ups ?

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
View attachment 2071219
Anyone else getting AirPods Pro (2nd generation) on launch day still Processing? Only thing that's changed so far is the text saying that they're preparing my order. Other than that, nada. Placed the order on 9/9 when they opened.
Same here, ordered on 9/9 morning and hasn't moved. Nothing on UPS yet.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I was going through a bunch of pages and see people posting photos, but a bunch of them seem to be in 12mp mode. The camera on the new phone doesn't default to 48mp being turned on. You have to go into the camera settings and turn on Pro Raw and then turn on 48mp in order to get the 48mp photos. It is turned off by default.
Speaking only for myself, most of the picture I take are to share with friends or to post on Facebook/Instagram/etc. There's no point in taking one in RAW unless I'm going to print it or I really want to put it through an editing workflow for some reason. I'm more interested in how the camera works with snapshot-type pictures.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I have AW 4 in aluminum and will be upgrading to series 8. My big question is should I get the silver aluminum model currently unavailable at my local Apple store or get the available SS? I’m worried about the ss scratching and looking old and crappy. My series 4 aluminum still looks new. I’d really love to get the ss.

That's funny - All I've bought until the Ultra have been the stainless steel versions - the 2, 4, and 6 because I wanted the stronger sapphire glass and durability of the SS. After commenting about that in the apple store, the geek advised they see more aluminum's than SS's with broken glass, etc. Get the SS - you'll be happy.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
That's funny - All I've bought until the Ultra have been the stainless steel versions - the 2, 4, and 6 because I wanted the stronger sapphire glass and durability of the SS. After commenting about that in the apple store, the geek advised they see more aluminum's than SS's with broken glass, etc. Get the SS - you'll be happy.
The aluminum is also cheaper and probably more common than SS so that could also play a part in that. Yes the sapphire is stronger but still not unbreakable.

Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.