Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
FYI Amazon has the AirPod Pro 2 for $10 off. Not sure if you receive them in Friday though

ETA: I ordered Amazon and canceled my Apple order. Prime shopping gets them here on the 27th. Worth it for a ten spot back in my wallet.

To me, $10 is worth getting them a few days early.

Reactions: alexcue

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Never seen an in store pickup just get changed to ship to home. Did they say why it changed?
Nope. I called Apple support and they had no idea why weird stuff like that was happening to people’s orders. The best they could offer was to cancel and reorder. Didn’t want to do that, for obvious reasons, so I’m just letting it play out. I wasn’t the only one. There were a bunch of us that happened to.

Reactions: CarolG

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Nope. I called Apple support and they had no idea why weird stuff like that was happening to people’s orders. The best they could offer was to cancel and reorder.

You could go to the UPS website and have them hold for pickup at one of their stations. That's what I did.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
You could go to the UPS website and have them hold for pickup at one of their stations. That's what I did.
I could have. But I could be home, so I let them deliver. Their closest CC isn't all that convenient. They actually delivered within their estimated delivery span — although it was close. UPS around here usual does a pretty good job. If it were FedEx, though... that's a different story.

I wanted to pick it up at a store because I hate risking theft. It does happen.

Reactions: 5105973

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Well after a weekend with my Silver Pro Max, thinking about switching to Space Black. Love the near matte-white back but the bezel is very distracting. Have always gone with darker colors in the past (Midnight Green, Pacific Blue, Graphite) so this wasn't an issue. Wanted to switch it up this year, but I either go caseless or use the apple leather case, so it will always be visible.

Now to hope I can find one available in the next 2 weeks before my return window is up...

Reactions: CarolG

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
Seriously. No offense to the original person, but the headphones are already $250 plus tax. If $10 is that important to you, maybe they should be shopping for different headphones.
Wonder how many owners of the original Pros are upgrading, andofthat group how many could even begin to hear the difference between the two?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Wonder how many owners of the original Pros are upgrading, andofthat group how many could even begin to hear the difference between the two?

For me, the upgrade is negligible, but the batteries of the old ones are three years old and this is a battery refresh, if anything.

Reactions: mlsusa

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
A6AD608E-167F-4956-A71A-6EF42A4A7FC0.jpeg
RETURNING HOME WITH THE GOODS

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
FYI Amazon has the AirPod Pro 2 for $10 off. Not sure if you receive them in Friday though

ETA: I ordered Amazon and canceled my Apple order. Prime shopping gets them here on the 27th. Worth it for a ten spot back in my wallet.
They seem to be in stock I bet they will ship a lil early and arrive Friday. If not I mean most places amazon delivers 7 days a week so you have a chance for Saturday or Sunday too.

Reactions: andyw715

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
For everyone saying Dynamic Island and AOD are new and will get more features later. I didn't pay $1200 for a phone that these features are specific to for them to get more features later.

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyc0524

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
If you decided to do in store trade in instead of mailed trade in. This year, Apple Store cannot process the trade in if the older device is tied to previous order for mailed trade in. If you have customer service cancel the mailed trade in, it will take a few days for the in store can process and link the trade in device to the new device to get the full trade in value to be returned to the original payment. Otherwise, you’ll just get a gift card instead.
I think AirPods are probably in the US that is why we aren’t seeing any departures from China.
I forgot I ordered those lol

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Nope. I called Apple support and they had no idea why weird stuff like that was happening to people’s orders. The best they could offer was to cancel and reorder. Didn’t want to do that, for obvious reasons, so I’m just letting it play out. I wasn’t the only one. There were a bunch of us that happened to.
Yep including me.

Reactions: JBinPDX

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I believe you're incorrect. When I went thru the checkout process and chose a store to pick it up from I was given two choices: Turn in old phone at store or have trade in kit shipped to me.
Ooh. Maybe I missed that part during the checkout. I was just going off of my experience and what two different apple reps said (customer support phone number and in store), so I am sorry if I was incorrect.

importraverxx

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
No I always keep a Samsung and iPhone on hand and switch back and fourth. Just right now I want to see some improvements before it's my daily driver.
Bro, I was about to do the same thing lol but going to give it another day or two. For some reasons, I felt this time the Fold 4 for me is better for my usage… Might keep the Fold 4 along with the 12 Pro instead of the 12 Pro and 14 Pro Max…

Reactions: iApplereviews

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Bro, I was about to do the same thing lol but going to give it another day or two. For some reasons, I felt this time the Fold 4 for me is better for my usage… Might keep the Fold 4 along with the 12 Pro instead of the 12 Pro and 14 Pro Max…
The fact the iPhone likes to randomly become unresponsive is a no for me rn since it's my alarm.

• Wow
Reactions: cpatrick08
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.