Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

mahera

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2021
Reactions: Alexrat1996

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
Well after a weekend with my Silver Pro Max, thinking about switching to Space Black. Love the near matte-white back but the bezel is very distracting. Have always gone with darker colors in the past (Midnight Green, Pacific Blue, Graphite) so this wasn't an issue. Wanted to switch it up this year, but I either go caseless or use the apple leather case, so it will always be visible.

Now to hope I can find one available in the next 2 weeks before my return window is up...
I have the opposite issue. Lol. I have the Deep Purple and I’ve always gone with lighter colors. I’d love to get the Gold again but there are none available in Northern California. I am going to live with it…. For a year anyway. Good luck to you in your search.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Hey all.. between playing with my phone and then having my granddaughter come in from out of town for the weekend, I haven’t kept up here. What did I miss? Tell me everything LOL
Hope it’s mostly good news and you are all going to have your phones soon.
It took my fat head awhile to figure out the camera settings but with help I got that nailed. Here’s a simple macro, not raw just for eye candy.. the last shot I’ve taken.
0BB35841-0D71-4C6A-86E7-223A492A92ED.jpeg
Humm this thumbnail doesn’t look good to me, wonder if that’s a preview or normal and if opening it will help.. let’s see

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
The fact the iPhone likes to randomly become unresponsive is a no for me rn since it's my alarm.
For everyone saying Dynamic Island and AOD are new and will get more features later. I didn't pay $1200 for a phone that these features are specific to for them to get more features later.

That's a bizarre statement to me. Often, people buy hardware for what is coming more than what's available now. "future proofing" is a term we'd throw around. Or - not having to replace the hardware when the software catches up. I've been ini this game for a long time too - always been that way.

Consider people buying an HDTV when HDTV was just being discussed. Content wasn't there and the TV's - wow - they were expensive. But you got the experience when shows were broadcast in the format and it was incredible! Same today with 4K TV's and 8K TV's - nothing is broadcast in 8K yet.

On the unresponsiveness - two things - be sure to update to 6.0.1 if you haven't already. Do a reset where you press volume up, volume down, hold power button until the white apple appears. I did that on mine, no issues since. In fact, just saw a notice that apparently came from Apple to do this very thing. I admit - it is strange to have to do this but no matter how much testing you do, including beta releases, some things aren't caught until release. That part is normal and why many choose to wait to update software until the first .x release.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I’m still waiting for the last 2 scans. UPS still says Thursday delivery for me.
I notice the UPS delivery date is several days sooner than the date from Apple. I have a feeling the UPS date is when it arrives in the States, not at our doors.
Thoughts?

Reactions: SpecB

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Awaiting a departure scan.

More confused than ever - 2 days in China and rescheduling delivery?!?

View attachment 2071835
My shipping details look exactly the same and I just got this bizarre message too, timed and dated the same. My delivery of Tuesday no longer shows, it now says pending or whatever.

I was hoping to wake up to good news for the iPhone and even movement on my other products like AirPods 2 and Apple Watch ultra. Got nothing on those and bad news on the iPhone :(

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
My shipping details look exactly the same and I just got this bizarre message too, timed and dated the same. My delivery of Tuesday no longer shows, it now says pending or whatever.

I was hoping to wake up to good news for the iPhone and even movement on my other products like AirPods 2 and Apple Watch ultra. Got nothing on those and bad news on the iPhone :(
Just spoke with UPS International and they said keep checking tracking. We should get departure scans today and my agent told me to expect delivery in 1 to two business days. Don't worry about the pending this is normaol I believe.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.