Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I couldnā€™t snag it since itā€™s locked to iPhone upgrade program idk if I can order one now since I didnā€™t return the old phone I want to return.
Yea I have to wait for Direct Deposit tomorrow morning and them pay off 13PM and look for 14PM. Seen like four Maxes already today. Just don't know if they will be appearing as soon as 3AM tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I leave for work at nine

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Are you on IUP
No Verizon Financing. Always pay it off and then trade. Didn't do iUP because you couldn't payoff online. But people are saying you can now. But I never has a problem the way I do it so no reason to change. VZW just stinks with trading back to them. They lost it twice and it took weeks to resolve.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
No Verizon Financing. Always pay it off and then trade. Didn't do iUP because you couldn't payoff online. But people are saying you can now. But I never has a problem the way I do it so no reason to change. VZW just stinks with trading back to them. They lost it twice and it took weeks to resolve.
Iā€™m on IUP issue with that the eligibility takes a while I think to rest idk I will let Someone who did it before to tell me how it work.

Reactions: compwiz1202

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Good bye old friend, my 13 ProMax left townā€¦final part of trade in

2F6888D2-22DF-4514-A231-C5F2C7FECACC.jpeg
71E1F0EE-3059-4F96-A6BC-10B50FF0C6C7.jpeg
F0BE2EB0-2EBB-4609-9B62-79AE738C919C.jpeg

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Iā€™m on IUP issue with that the eligibility takes a while I think to rest idk I will let Someone who did it before to tell me how it work.
It's always been quick for me with VZW. But I think I may have done it a day or so before prior years. I will have to report back tomorrow.

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Anyone with TMOBILE confirm that you still get $1000 credit if you have MAGENTA MAX 55 and not just MAGENTA MAX? Apple now says it does not qualify, though it did before. I'm reading they still give the full credit without updating the entire account

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
So this just happened. My AirPods that were 1-1/2 away went to Louisville which is 3 hours away and will probably get on a truck there to UPS hub about 20 min from where they started to then have to be trucked that 1-1/2 hour to my CC and that is likely because of this: UPS Next Day Air Saver.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
This is my first time doing iUP. When I logged in today to see if a loan for a stolen phone was closed out, it showed a button to make a payment and you can pay more towards the loan now. It was not there all week until now.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
So this just happened. My AirPods that were 1-1/2 away went to Louisville which is 3 hours away and will probably get on a truck there to UPS hub about 20 min from where they started to then have to be trucked that 1-1/2 hour to my CC and that is likely because of this: UPS Next Day Air Saver.
I see this often with shipments from other merchants. Sometimes they will go to New Jersey, then to Connecticut to finally come to me in New York.šŸ™„

Reactions: DianaMR

vijay08

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
There is a bit of backstory as well as an ask for advice at the end

I preordered through the IUP and waited like most of you -Tracking through UPS follow my delivery, picked up the package - it was intact had all the right stickers on it (lithium battery, serial etc ) as I proceeded to open, it was completely empty !! No damage to the box just nothing in there :(

What followed since then is nothing but disappointing calls to Apple support -

Day 1 : they opened a shipping investigation after multiple calls and an assurance that a replacement would be sent.
One agent offered pickup as a choice but needed supervisor approval.
- spoke to a supervisor who discouraged any change, he mentioned that he used to deliver cakes and sometimes forgot to pack the cake, so it happens - the site shows October 21-28 for replacement (1 month later) .
Day 2: another box shipping via UPS my choice !
Day 4: box arrived - disappointment itā€™s a trade in box , Apple Store app now showing red warning on returning the phone I have ( I donā€™t have any )
Day 5: called Apple and spoke in length with another supervisor - he says nothing can be done and once the replacement has reached, I should call Apple again - I noticed another box shipping and reaching next week - feels like this is it as the site shows another device in transit
Day6 - UPS, yes UPS says this
If reporting a damaged or missing item, please respond with a description of the shipping box. Note any signs of tampering or damage. Additionally, please confirm if the shipping box and packaging material are still available for UPS inspection.

Please submit photos of the package, UPS can accept up to 5 megabytes per email. If the file size exceeds 5 megabytes, you may need to send the pictures in multiple emails. Using the UPS Tracking Number listed as your "Subject" line, you may send to pictures@ups.com or submit here in your response and I will be happy to assist.

Kindly,

Question to the folks here : I am super disappointed that Apple wouldnā€™t do anything and isnā€™t the same Apple anymore, is there any recourse beyond the support call center and the supervisors ?

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015

I preordered through the IUP and waited like most of you -Tracking through UPS follow my delivery, picked up the package - it was intact had all the right stickers on it (lithium battery, serial etc ) as I proceeded to open, it was completely empty !! No damage to the box just nothing in there :(

Day 1 : they opened a shipping investigation after multiple calls and an assurance that a replacement would be sent.
- spoke to a supervisor who discouraged any change, he mentioned that he used to deliver cakes and sometimes forgot to pack the cake, so it happens - the site shows October 21-28 for replacement (1 month later) .
Day 4: box arrived - disappointment itā€™s a trade in box , Apple Store app now showing red warning on returning the phone I have ( I donā€™t have any )
Day 5: called Apple and spoke in length with another supervisor - he says nothing can be done and once the replacement has reached, I should call Apple again - I noticed another box shipping and reaching next week - feels like this is it as the site shows another device in transit
If reporting a damaged or missing item, please respond with a description of the shipping box. Note any signs of tampering or damage. Additionally, please confirm if the shipping box and packaging material are still available for UPS inspection.

Please submit photos of the package, UPS can accept up to 5 megabytes per email. If the file size exceeds 5 megabytes, you may need to send the pictures in multiple emails. Using the UPS Tracking Number listed as your "Subject" line, you may send to pictures@ups.com or submit here in your response and I will be happy to assist.

Kindly,

Question to the folks here : I am super disappointed that Apple wouldnā€™t do anything and isnā€™t the same Apple anymore, is there any recourse beyond the support call center and the supervisors ?
Froma. former Apple Genius, you can MOST DEFINITELY escalate this much higher up the chain. Send a message directly to Tim Cook (tcook@apple.com) and in the message, right at the top, please say, "Can this please be forwarded to the Apple Retail Executive Relations team". As a Genius, I know this team can pretty much do anything they want. It's literally the top of the chain. If you don't hear back, followup again with another email in 2 days. Someone will reach out. Not sure if you can get to this level via phone but this is where you want to be. The Apple Care reps have limited resources to make things right. Trust me on this, Apple Retail Executive Relations is where you want this to be at.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010

Kindly,

Yes this is ridiculous. Any decent company would make the customer whole and then battle it out with UPS

Reactions: MacTechnics
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.