Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

thearh

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
So hereā€™s how my delivery turned out last Friday. The preordered space black 14 pro 128 gb model was out for delivery at 9:30 that morning. I was eagerly anticipating its arrival and knew that Iā€™d have to leave the office to retrieve it at home as soon as the ups truck was close or as soon as it was delivered. By around 1 pm that day it still had yet to be delivered but I also was getting nervous that I didnā€™t order one with enough storage, and I started thinking dang it I want the 256 gb. So I jumped on the Apple Store app and looked for availability for the space black 14 pro 256 gb model and sure enough there was stock that could be delivered from the store via a courtier that same day with a $9 fee. Around 2:30 that afternoon I decided to go for it and order the 256 gb model. It said the delivery window would be between 4 and 6 pm. Now keep in mind Iā€™ve been tracking the original one I ordered all day and it seemed it was only a mile or 2 away for quite a few hours. So then I decided I needed to leave the office early for the day (I get off at 4:30) so I left at 3:45 because the courier had already left the Apple Store with my order. I raced home (I only live 2.3 miles from the office) and managed to arrive there before BOTH phones had been delivered. Originally I had thought the courier had retrieved my order from the Apple Store nearest to me but instead he got it from a store 40 minutes from me. So he was dealing with quite a bit of traffic on the freeway trying to get my order to me. But get this! Even though my first order seemed to be just a few miles away the courier with my 2nd order showed up first! Which I was happy about since that was the one I intended to open and keep. The first order ended up showing up an hour and a half later. Just thought it was crazy that the one I had ordered just a few hours before arrived before the one I had preordered on the previous Friday. The next day when I went to the Apple Store to pick up my series 8 watch order I returned the 128 gb 14 pro and also traded in my 12 pro. Got $500 for it, which I didnā€™t think was too bad considering I was trading it in to the Apple Store. Everything turned out fine in the end and I love both my 14 pro and my series 8 watch just funny the process we have to go through sometimes to get that fine ending.
Oh and if you only got through the first couple sentences of this post and fell asleep I canā€™t blame ya šŸ˜œ
I read it all and how funny the courier order came first.

thearh

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for reading it all! Yeah weird right?! I did track him and it seems I was his only delivery at that time however the ups guy was right around the corner for several hours prior and still took another hour and a half after that courier delivery lol
I have seen that for some of my UPS deliveries, I always wonder what is going on. The driver was not in a business district or near a huge condo or apartment complex.

JeffSquad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have seen that for some of my UPS deliveries, I always wonder what is going on. The driver was not in a business district or near a huge condo or apartment complex.
It was odd because for about an hour the ups truck was stopped in a shopping plaza a mile away from my apartment so Iā€™m wondering if he had either stopped for a bite to eat or had a big delivery to that particular plaza. Iā€™m guessing eating lol

Reactions: iHeartsteve

thearh

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It was odd because for about an hour the ups truck was stopped in a shopping plaza a mile away from my apartment so Iā€™m wondering if he had either stopped for a bite to eat or had a big delivery to that particular plaza. Iā€™m guessing eating lol
That would makes sense.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Picked up my hubby's 2nd phone this morning. I have this really strong urge to open it, but I must not. It has to go back since he picked one up in our local Apple Store over the weekend thinking his wouldn't be delivered for 2 or 3 weeks. Also picked up my Air Pods Pro 2. I opened them up as soon as I got to the office and am currently using them. Haven't had a chance to try the ANC in a noisy environment but loving the volume controls on the stems and they sound great! Oops, didn't mean to post that as a reply to your comment, sorry!
Lmao no worries! Do they sound that much better than the original AirPods Pro? Really tempted to get them.

jrodmonaco

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2014
On my case, UPS "lost" the package... I had a delivery scheduled for the 16th... no phone yet. I had to put a claim to UPS and Apple. Right now, it is "under investigation". Apple is sending a replacement but it will take a month.

Any possibilities that UPS finds it first?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Picked up my hubby's 2nd phone this morning. I have this really strong urge to open it, but I must not. It has to go back since he picked one up in our local Apple Store over the weekend thinking his wouldn't be delivered for 2 or 3 weeks. Also picked up my Air Pods Pro 2. I opened them up as soon as I got to the office and am currently using them. Haven't had a chance to try the ANC in a noisy environment but loving the volume controls on the stems and they sound great! Oops, didn't mean to post that as a reply to your comment, sorry!

Well,it seems to me you now have a new iPhone.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Well you could just return the unopened iphone back to apple store and apple will resale those as since it isnt opened they can put that back on the stock inventory.

Thats what they did with my unoppened 14 pro max in 512 gb space black. Before returning it saw that it was not available. But after they processed my return as unopened, apple.com did show available for store pick up.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
On my case, UPS "lost" the package... I had a delivery scheduled for the 16th... no phone yet. I had to put a claim to UPS and Apple. Right now, it is "under investigation". Apple is sending a replacement but it will take a month.

I canā€™t believe Apple canā€™t send it sooner. I hope you get sorted out quicker than that!

zephiK

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2021

If you can find an Apple Store with stock, Best Buy, or carrier... get it from there then once you secured it. Stock at Apple Stores becomes available from time to time, you just have to check on their site every day.

Cancel the old order, your UPS tracking confirmed you never received delivery so they can't keep the charge on your card.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

Had this happen to a friend to with UPS changing the zip code on the package which he did not authorize and then them saying they admit they probably lost it. He worked with Apple and they originally said they could expedite a replacement, but then fessed up and said the best they could do would be a month from now as well. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you can find local stock sooner.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
If you can find an Apple Store with stock, Best Buy, or carrier... get it from there then once you secured it. Stock at Apple Stores becomes available from time to time, you just have to check on their site every day.

Cancel the old order, your UPS tracking confirmed you never received delivery so they can't keep the charge on your card.
This is what I would do, yup! Dispute the charge and secure an in-store phone

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Had this happen to a friend to with UPS changing the zip code on the package which he did not authorize and then them saying they admit they probably lost it. He worked with Apple and they originally said they could expedite a replacement, but then fessed up and said the best they could do would be a month from now as well. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you can find local stock sooner.
Iā€™m surprised Apple doesnā€™t have stock stashed away for replacements or situations like this

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
I did the Amazon pre-order yesterday evening & they were shipped today, but the delivery date slipped by a day.
1663979854654.png

1663979900862.png

Folks! We only have 7 days left till the official return policy expires. If you are still debating and going back nā€™ forth with the iPhone color. This is going to be the last week to do so. Hope everyone is loving their iPhone. Total game changer! Good luck šŸ€

šŸ’œšŸ¤šŸ’›šŸ–¤

Go beyond! Go iPhone šŸ’«

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Folks! We only have 7 days left till the official return policy expires. If you are still debating and going back nā€™ forth with the iPhone color. This is going to be the last week to do so. Hope everyone is loving their iPhone. Total game changer! Good luck šŸ€

šŸ’œšŸ¤šŸ’›šŸ–¤

Well if purchased online, make sure to initiate the return by next Friday. That will give you additional 14 days. As long as you drop it off and Fedex or UPS scans it, you should be fine. lol

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014

šŸ’œšŸ¤šŸ’›šŸ–¤

Glad I picked the best color, purp, so I donā€™t have to worry about this!šŸ˜Ž

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
I shouldnā€™t complain because my original deliver was like oct 3-10 or something. But my phone shipped on Monday, and hasnā€™t moved from China, lol. Itā€™s been stuck on rescheduled without a date all week.
I had the same delivery timeframe ā€” was then scheduled for delivery Tuesday, UPS said Monday, but now they say Wednesday. Mine went from China to S Korea. Thatā€™s ok though ā€” case wonā€™t be in until next week anyways. You might be getting yours around the same time as mine.

Reactions: simple20

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
I was slightly tempted to wait for 15PM since it is rumored to have periscope zoom (essentially ability to have better zoom) and finally USB-C. But I guess I can always upgrade again next year :)
Iā€™ll upgrade next year too, but Iā€™m not expecting the periscope zoom next year ā€” I thought this was supposed to be a 2024/2025 feature.

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
So hereā€™s how my delivery turned out last Friday. The preordered space black 14 pro 128 gb model was out for delivery at 9:30 that morning. I was eagerly anticipating its arrival and knew that Iā€™d have to leave the office to retrieve it at home as soon as the ups truck was close or as soon as it was delivered. By around 1 pm that day it still had yet to be delivered but I also was getting nervous that I didnā€™t order one with enough storage, and I started thinking dang it I want the 256 gb. So I jumped on the Apple Store app and looked for availability for the space black 14 pro 256 gb model and sure enough there was stock that could be delivered from the store via a courtier that same day with a $9 fee. Around 2:30 that afternoon I decided to go for it and order the 256 gb model. It said the delivery window would be between 4 and 6 pm. Now keep in mind Iā€™ve been tracking the original one I ordered all day and it seemed it was only a mile or 2 away for quite a few hours. So then I decided I needed to leave the office early for the day (I get off at 4:30) so I left at 3:45 because the courier had already left the Apple Store with my order. I raced home (I only live 2.3 miles from the office) and managed to arrive there before BOTH phones had been delivered. Originally I had thought the courier had retrieved my order from the Apple Store nearest to me but instead he got it from a store 40 minutes from me. So he was dealing with quite a bit of traffic on the freeway trying to get my order to me. But get this! Even though my first order seemed to be just a few miles away the courier with my 2nd order showed up first! Which I was happy about since that was the one I intended to open and keep. The first order ended up showing up an hour and a half later. Just thought it was crazy that the one I had ordered just a few hours before arrived before the one I had preordered on the previous Friday. The next day when I went to the Apple Store to pick up my series 8 watch order I returned the 128 gb 14 pro and also traded in my 12 pro. Got $500 for it, which I didnā€™t think was too bad considering I was trading it in to the Apple Store. Everything turned out fine in the end and I love both my 14 pro and my series 8 watch just funny the process we have to go through sometimes to get that fine ending.
Oh and if you only got through the first couple sentences of this post and fell asleep I canā€™t blame ya šŸ˜œ
Wild story, and quick thinking! Very decisive. And the trade in for your 12 Pro sounds pretty decent. Cheers!

Reactions: SpecB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.