Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
My ups package was suppose to come Monday Now it says rescheduled ? Has this happened to anyone else
Mine is exactly the same. Hopefully it’s just a glitch.

37A7E860-DECA-4B38-9379-147931FD995F.png

LalaN

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2021
My ups package was suppose to come Monday Now it says rescheduled ? Has this happened to anyone else
Initially my package was scheduled to arrive October 3-10. However, I received an email from Apple on 9/20 that my order had shipped. UPS now shows my package as being rescheduled.

Attachments

• 9FC6DCAC-E099-4866-8922-9D932C5373C1.jpeg
    9FC6DCAC-E099-4866-8922-9D932C5373C1.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Battery Usage at installation

730 AM-850 PM

Lots going on in the background.

Surprised battery drained to almost 40 percent.

View attachment 2076316
Mine was like that til next day it got warm on the MagSafe puck. But stayed around 74 percent during all the indexing and downloading after the quick start transfer was done. Lots of photos and apps to redownload that occurs. Anyway by next day it was better but not perfect but I was also on the phone probably alot more that first day playing with features so I used a little more there. But by day two and beyond I am seeing as good as my 13 ProMax if not better. Yesterday it seemed even better so the bottom line is it takes about 2 days to get to what will be “normal” at least in my experience.

bogie66

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
I was hanging around to track my son's Purple Pro 256, but he just finally found one at our Apple store last night so we are scheduled to pick it up at noon today. Good luck to all the Oct 18-Oct 25th people. He already cancelled his order, so that's one more iPhone in the pipeline!! I usually don't upgrade for 2 or more years, so I'll see you guys in 2025 maybe.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Ok

My battery life has not been so great so far, but hoping it’s background processes that will finish. Second day of use and battery still sucking.
As I mentioned in message replying to @Wxchaser it took two days to return to normal that equaled if not exceeded my daily battery use on the 13 ProMax for me. I did my install around 5 PM cdt and it was cranking and MagSafe puck was warm so I moved to the lighting charger. It stayed at 74 percent charged during that time. But next day it got to 100 percent but with my use increasing to play with new toy and probably still indexing and all I saw a extra drain that day to maybe 20 percent below what I saw with daily use on the 13 ProMax. Second full and on normal if not better battery operation than my 13 ProMax.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Got my Black 512GB iPhone Pro Max Wednesday a day later than UPS or Apple stated which is fine. Fairly pleased with it but man is the camera lens bump huge, almost too intrusive. Apple silicone case has a big lip around it but ordered spigen lens protector just to be on the safe side. Otherwise, the island is alright but noticeable bump from the constantly failing iPhone 12 PM I had that required three exchanges. Seamless transfer between phones so overall fairly content.

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
As I mentioned in message replying to @Wxchaser it took two days to return to normal that equaled if not exceeded my daily battery use on the 13 ProMax for me. I did my install around 5 PM cdt and it was cranking and MagSafe puck was warm so I moved to the lighting charger. It stayed at 74 percent charged during that time. But next day it got to 100 percent but with my use increasing to play with new toy and probably still indexing and all I saw a extra drain that day to maybe 20 percent below what I saw with daily use on the 13 ProMax. Second full and on normal if not better battery operation than my 13 ProMax.
Thanks for your input.

Reactions: rjjacobson

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for your input.
You are welcome those phones were cranking the first 24 hours especially the first 12 hours. I have 250 GB of photos, files apps on my phone so it always downloads them after the quick start install (well apps at least photos may already be there but never checked I just see that the apps are downloading while indexing also going on).

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for your input.

@Wxchaser check this article out. The later part has some interesting tests on the 14 ProMax battery basically as good to slightly better than the 13 ProMax which is what i have been seeing all week on mine. So you should see the same now that indexing is done unless you are spending more time than normal playing with your new phone then numbers will vary LOL

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Geez, when I sent my 13 Pro back in the trade-in kit, it seemed so small now that I have this Pro Max. I don’t think I can go back to that lol

Reactions: thearh

atseng

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
I was "online" at Apple website with a reserved time of 57mins after pre-order began. Ordered my phone at around 12:24pm EST (about 4hr 24mins) because if TMO's server not authenticating (also tried from Apple website, TMO website and called them, none working). Initially got a date of 10/3-10/10, but got the ship tracking info and credit card charge on 9/20/22. It is now on the van for delivery. It was a 14 PM 512GB Purple.

My wife's 14PM 512GB Gold was reserved 3mins after mine (6am PST) and ordered at 12:48pm ES (4hr 48mins), it showed an estimated delivery date of 10/10-10/17, still no movements yet.

From email confirmation on shipment (it's really shipped on 9/20) to estimated receiving date of 9/23, so really just 3 business days, I think it's quite impressive on the logistics side.

I will put the following tracking information down for people so they can estimate their delivery time:

9/9/22 - 8:57am EST - reserved phone
9/9/22 - 12:24pm EST - ordered phone
9/21/22 - 1:03am EST - Got email from Apple with shipping tracking and estimated delivery date of 9/28
9/21/22 - 1:33pm (China) - Origin Scan - ZhenZhou, China Mainland
9/21/22 - 4:21pm - Departed from Facility - ZZ, China
9/21/22 - 5:30pm - Arrived at Facility, ZZ, China (why same place, lol)
9/22/22 - 6:00pm - Departed from Facility - ZZ, China
9/22/22 - 8:45pm - Arrived at Facility, Incheon, South Korea
9/23/22 - 12:15am - Departed from Facility, Incheon, South Korea
9/22/22 - 12:42pm (ANC) - Arrived at Facility, Anchorage, AK, US
9/22/22 - 5:19pm (ANCH) - Departed from Facility, Anchorage, AK, US
9/23/22 - 12:19am - Arrived at Facility, Louisville, KY, US
9/23/22 - 2:14am - Import Scan, LKY, US
9/23/22 - 4:09am - Departed from Facility, LKY, US
9/23/22 - 6:00am - Arrived at Facility, Jamaica, NY, US
9/23/22 - 7:05am - Arrived at Local UPS distribution facility in Nassau County, NY, US
9/23/22 - 9:18am - Out for Delivery

I have to say, that is very efficient. Unfortunately, for me, since I am so close to the distribution center, I don't get my packages until 5-8pm tonight. lol.

As others have suggested, if you are not doing some sort of trade-in, keep checking Apple website. I ordered a 14 PM Purple 1TB for my father on 9/17, it had an original delivery date of 10/25-11/1 (now moved up to 10/21-10/28), I was able to order one for pickup late last night (around midnight). I picked it up this morning locally.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Yup I upgrade every year no matter what! iUP!
Picked up my hubby's 2nd phone this morning. I have this really strong urge to open it, but I must not. It has to go back since he picked one up in our local Apple Store over the weekend thinking his wouldn't be delivered for 2 or 3 weeks. Also picked up my Air Pods Pro 2. I opened them up as soon as I got to the office and am currently using them. Haven't had a chance to try the ANC in a noisy environment but loving the volume controls on the stems and they sound great! Oops, didn't mean to post that as a reply to your comment, sorry!

JeffSquad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
Scottsdale, Arizona
So here’s how my delivery turned out last Friday. The preordered space black 14 pro 128 gb model was out for delivery at 9:30 that morning. I was eagerly anticipating its arrival and knew that I’d have to leave the office to retrieve it at home as soon as the ups truck was close or as soon as it was delivered. By around 1 pm that day it still had yet to be delivered but I also was getting nervous that I didn’t order one with enough storage, and I started thinking dang it I want the 256 gb. So I jumped on the Apple Store app and looked for availability for the space black 14 pro 256 gb model and sure enough there was stock that could be delivered from the store via a courtier that same day with a $9 fee. Around 2:30 that afternoon I decided to go for it and order the 256 gb model. It said the delivery window would be between 4 and 6 pm. Now keep in mind I’ve been tracking the original one I ordered all day and it seemed it was only a mile or 2 away for quite a few hours. So then I decided I needed to leave the office early for the day (I get off at 4:30) so I left at 3:45 because the courier had already left the Apple Store with my order. I raced home (I only live 2.3 miles from the office) and managed to arrive there before BOTH phones had been delivered. Originally I had thought the courier had retrieved my order from the Apple Store nearest to me but instead he got it from a store 40 minutes from me. So he was dealing with quite a bit of traffic on the freeway trying to get my order to me. But get this! Even though my first order seemed to be just a few miles away the courier with my 2nd order showed up first! Which I was happy about since that was the one I intended to open and keep. The first order ended up showing up an hour and a half later. Just thought it was crazy that the one I had ordered just a few hours before arrived before the one I had preordered on the previous Friday. The next day when I went to the Apple Store to pick up my series 8 watch order I returned the 128 gb 14 pro and also traded in my 12 pro. Got $500 for it, which I didn’t think was too bad considering I was trading it in to the Apple Store. Everything turned out fine in the end and I love both my 14 pro and my series 8 watch just funny the process we have to go through sometimes to get that fine ending.
Oh and if you only got through the first couple sentences of this post and fell asleep I can’t blame ya 😜

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.