Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Appleseed18

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Midwest
I shouldn’t complain because my original deliver was like oct 3-10 or something. But my phone shipped on Monday, and hasn’t moved from China, lol. It’s been stuck on rescheduled without a date all week.
Same here, a site called AfterShip, it’s tracking said it was in Louisville then said it was in ZZ China “out for delivery” lol don’t know where my phone is.

Attachments

• 381D5E8E-4BDC-49CA-9B05-C399E352FF6F.jpeg
    381D5E8E-4BDC-49CA-9B05-C399E352FF6F.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2D43FC61-E334-45B0-8831-BBF7C33F10AE.jpeg
    2D43FC61-E334-45B0-8831-BBF7C33F10AE.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***
Same here, a site called AfterShip, it’s tracking said it was in Louisville then said it was in ZZ China “out for delivery” lol don’t know where my phone is.
I read a thread on this site from a few years ago that when tracking shows crazy anomolies it is because of so-called "automatic" entires made by UPS for things that did not happen.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I read a thread on this site from a few years ago that when tracking shows crazy anomolies it is because of so-called "automatic" entires made by UPS for things that did not happen.
Yeah, my guess is still waiting for customs. If it was legitimately en route, there would be an estimated deliver date. Real bummer. Seems like our pallet was randomly selected for inspection or something.

Reactions: rjjacobson

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, my guess is still waiting for customs. If it was legitimately en route, there would be an estimated deliver date. Real bummer. Seems like our pallet was randomly selected for inspection or something.
No actually what you are seeing is normal. Even the opening day arrivals took 2-3 days in the same pattern. The problems are that they arrive at warehouse/airport and then UPS does customs work that really clears most of that work for the Louisville main hub when your phone arrives there so that the customs work left takes usually 2-3 hours. This can be confusing, aftership does not get that and can think the package is In Louisville when only the customs clearance stuff there is being done on their computer servers.

The other problem with airship is that it does not distinguish the time zone differences so all things on 10/13 which were across the pacific time line show arrival at Anchorage for example (see below in second tracking from airship) before Korea. Airship does sometimes get things in scans that UPS does not show til you have the package and all the scans on their system show up in as much detail as they are going to give you. The difference between final UPS scans after package arrival and during transit out of China are often 50 percent of the scans missing. Sometimes they appear after import final scans in Louisville and sometimes not til I have the phone in my hands. So tracking details can be a bit fun. Things usually get better after leaving China and once they hit Korea and then Anchorage

UPS scan final note when most UPS customs stuff happens (annotated in red) this is where airship can get messed up because the scans are going through main computers at UPS Louisville hub and airship interprets that package is in Louisville and it is only the electronic info. Your phone still in China. Once you see the Korea scans and a depart after that customs work in china at Or near airport you will also see a departure scan then eventually after a couple hours Korea appears. That is when your phone is really moving.

DBF0F85B-6D7C-40C7-A4FF-7D308FE8B9F6.jpeg

Here is airship notice what it gets of UPS scans, that the anchorage stuff is shown erroneously before Korea because of the day difference by 11 hours across international date line in pacific. That also can be confusing til you realize that. UPS has smarter programming and adjusts for the time line so you see where it really is — once it populates but from China to Louisville and sometimes your house their scanning is delayed closer to end.

3EEF5078-C7D9-4FAB-8635-3977047371BA.jpeg

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
No actually what you are seeing is normal. Even the opening day arrivals took 2-3 days in the same pattern. The problems are that they arrive at warehouse/airport and then UPS does customs work that really clears most of that work for the Louisville main hub when your phone arrives there so that the customs work left takes usually 2-3 hours. This can be confusing, aftership does not get that and can think the package is In Louisville when only the customs clearance stuff there is being done on their computer servers.

The other problem with airship is that it does not distinguish the time zone differences so all things on 10/13 which were across the pacific time line show arrival at Anchorage for example (see below in second tracking from airship) before Korea. Airship does sometimes get things in scans that UPS does not show til you have the package and all the scans on their system show up in as much detail as they are going to give you. The difference between final UPS scans after package arrival and during transit out of China are often 50 percent of the scans missing. Sometimes they appear after import final scans in Louisville and sometimes not til I have the phone in my hands. So tracking details can be a bit fun. Things usually get better after leaving China and once they hit Korea and then Anchorage

UPS scan final note when most UPS customs stuff happens (annotated in red) this is where airship can get messed up because the scans are going through main computers at UPS Louisville hub and airship interprets that package is in Louisville and it is only the electronic info. Your phone still in China. Once you see the Korea scans and a depart after that customs work in china at Or near airport you will also see a departure scan then eventually after a couple hours Korea appears. That is when your phone is really moving.

View attachment 2078688

Here is airship notice what it gets of UPS scans, that the anchorage stuff is shown erroneously before Korea because of the day difference by 11 hours across international date line in pacific. That also can be confusing til you realize that. UPS has smarter programming and adjusts for the time line so you see where it really is — once it populates but from China to Louisville and sometimes your house their scanning is delayed closer to end.

View attachment 2078691
Thanks for posting that. Based on your timeline in the pics, my package should have been in Korea yesterday. Still frustrating, but not terribly behind.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Ordered the Ultra watch minutes after the keyuote, no issues. Pre-pre ordered the iPhone Pro Max via IUP, no issues. Processed the order on the 9th, no issues. Then ordered the Airpods Pro 2 right after, no issues. No tracking issues on any of them. Received the iPhone on the 16th, no issues. Received th Ultra and the Airpods on the 23rd, no issues.

Absolutely the cleanest, easiest order year I ever had. Now thinking about the new iPad Pros in October, depending on what's new with them...

Last edited:

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Do not trust aftership. You will see entries that aren’t real!
They are real they just aren't all location scans. Clearance in progress just means customs related stuff it just defaults to Louisville as a location because that's where it's imported it's not always a physical location scan. AfterShip is just showing more behind the scenes stuff that regular UPS doesn't.

fehhkk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago, IL
Ordered two phones, a Pro and a Max on opening day. Just got the Max delivered this morning (even though it said 9/28 delivery) but not the Pro. It’s stuck after customs clearance in Zhengzou.

So far, the Max is a pretty significant upgrade from the 12 Pro in terms of speed. Screen quality is also noticeable. Took about 15 minutes to transfer my data phone to phone.

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Canceled the ship order for my mom.
anyone with luck getting a Pro Max 128 walking in to an Apple Store?
I had good luck but that was on day it came out I was able to cancel and get in store pick up. With people seeing the phone in person and all the reviews you would have a better time looking for a way to order online and pick it up. And don’t bother calling the Apple Store unless it’s when they just open they have been really busy since the new products came out.

aqapple91

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2014
if I order today the PM has a 10/26-11/2 delivery window. anyone have experience with phones coming earlier than the delivery window or is that pretty accurate? I just dont want to keep checking stock everyday for in store

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
if I order today the PM has a 10/26-11/2 delivery window. anyone have experience with phones coming earlier than the delivery window or is that pretty accurate? I just dont want to keep checking stock everyday for in store
The delivery date is just an estimate and is subject to change. I'm sure yours will move up to a sooner date. I believe it's just a place holder to get you in line. I had some apple order in the past that stated 3-4 weeks but 3 days after I placed the order it was already prepared for shipping. YMMW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.