Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Splazzatch

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Yep a plane that was supposed to have it in its load had mechanical issues and likely the next plane available has bumped you to next day. One of the joys (problems? LOL) of being to do such detailed tracking while we wait for our p precious LOL
That's what I'm thinking, it now says tomorrow by 7pm. Which is still a week earlier than I was quoted so I'm not super upset, but I did decide to work from home today so I could be here when it arrived.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
That's what I'm thinking, it now says tomorrow by 7pm. Which is still a week earlier than I was quoted so I'm not super upset, but I did decide to work from home today so I could be here when it arrived.
Thats the only first world problem I have with iphone orders. I like to make opening day but it’s about been 50-50 over the past few years for me. If I make opening day then I know for almost certain which day to be here. I am retired but busier with family things than when I worked LOL. But if I make another week the actual day varies a lot. First I typically get a week sooner than the original estimate if I miss opening day. But as to the actual day of the week since this is not a big giant iphone batch (lots more things mixed I bet) the day is too variable almost makes me have to plan the whole week until my phone leaves Louisville

Reactions: DotCom2

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
At least you have a date! Mine just says "Rescheduled" but NO date! I don't know what day to be home.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Are there any planes leaving Icheon KR today? My replacement iPhone is on that flight and I am trying to see when it will actually arrive. UPS said Monday but that didn't happen. Don't want to miss it! :(

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Mine is evidently at my local UPS hub and both UPS and Apple say it will be delivered today, so fingers crossed (I was originally scheduled for next week).

Reactions: DotCom2

Appleseed18

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Midwest
Well finally some movement, still don’t have a delivery date yet. And hurricane Ian is on his way to cause chaos a destruction so I’m sure deliveries may get disrupted. Lives are more important so waiting longer isn’t a big deal.
Anyone on this thread in the Tampa Bay area of Florida be safe!

Attachments

• 6772826F-EF6E-4B4C-A2E0-1B783AEAD96A.png
    6772826F-EF6E-4B4C-A2E0-1B783AEAD96A.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 109

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Well finally some movement, still don’t have a delivery date yet. And hurricane Ian is on his way to cause chaos a destruction so I’m sure deliveries may get disrupted. Lives are more important so waiting longer isn’t a big deal.
Anyone on this thread in the Tampa Bay area of Florida be safe!

Our phones are on the same flight. Mine had a Monday delivery but instead it decided to take a tour of China then head to Korea. I don't know if its going to Anchorage or KY now but hopefully it will be available in a day or two.

internet rabbit

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
i was a little late this year due to funds so i ended up with 10/14 - 10/21, looks like it's preparing to ship now. how long is that usually? am i looking at an early delivery?

this is the third time this year i'll be obsessively watching my mailbox lol - first Playdate, then Steam Deck, now this.

pal2002

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Ordered from Apple 9/9 an hour or so after window opened (would’ve a lot sooner had store app and website worked…) , 10/3-10/10 window, still nothing…🥺 14 PM gold.

• Sad
Reactions: Brad7

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Our phones are on the same flight. Mine had a Monday delivery but instead it decided to take a tour of China then head to Korea. I don't know if its going to Anchorage or KY now but hopefully it will be available in a day or two.
From South Korea, it will go to Alaska, and then to KY.

Reactions: Appleseed18

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I had waited a bit later in the day to order on the 9th and it came up stating Oct 10 - 17th, so was not expecting the email last night from Apple stating that a shipping lable was issued and a tracking order from UPS, Earlier today Apple showed October4th but UPS stated Friday September 30th by 7pm now I just looked again and it says Clearance in Progress Is On the Way. Then this is new Your package has been released by the government agency. The instead of saying Friday delivery it now says...
Estimated delivery
The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.

I guess I just need to keep checking. Keeping my fingers crossed. Would like to have by Friday.

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Mine hasn’t moved from china in 2 days! Come on now it should take that long to get a plane loaded and off the ground

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Mine is evidently at my local UPS hub and both UPS and Apple say it will be delivered today, so fingers crossed (I was originally scheduled for next week).

Just dropped off.

My UPS account is borked so not sure of it's travel, though I know it went China-Korea-Anchorage before it showed up. It says it cleared customs locally at my hub so it might have gone from Anchorage to Seattle and then to my hub (in Redmond, which is about 10km away from SEA).

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Ordered mine today. Switching back from s22 ultra. I needed to switch carriers anyways and my s22 isn’t capable to TMobile they said. So, I’ll switch to iPhone to test T-Mobile network first then switch us over as a family. Woot. I’ll sell the s22 and gw4 classic to recoupe the costs of it and the watch.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
So that Kentucky update must have been the information being sent over. Mine finally left Korea. Apple says Thursday delivery, but hopefully it will be here tomorrow!

IMG_6A02C1F1F783-1.jpeg

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
So that Kentucky update must have been the information being sent over. Mine finally left Korea. Apple says Thursday delivery, but hopefully it will be here tomorrow!

View attachment 2082101
So you are saying expect over a week from ship notification too delivery. Mine shipped Sunday night, was really hoping it would be here this week. Guess the shipping of phones isn’t as quick after launch Day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.