Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
I'm a 10-3 - 10/10 (silver Pro Max 128gb). First scan was 9/26 and finally shipped out of ZZ to Incheon where it's waiting for a Departure Scan. UPS app says it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (USA) but we'll see.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I'm a 10-3 - 10/10 (silver Pro Max 128gb). First scan was 9/26 and finally shipped out of ZZ to Incheon where it's waiting for a Departure Scan. UPS app says it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (USA) but we'll see.
Mine is exactly like yours and even the same exact phone, but no movement for me.
LUCKY YOU and CONGRATS!

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Well mine now has a delivery date of Monday the 3rd in ups app but still no scans or movement!! Getting real tired of COVID-19 being the excuse for everything still!

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Strangest thing... UPS now says today but details page says still in China.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 10.06.24 AM.png

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Ups is terrible! They have dropped the ball this year majorly!! These all should have left china by now. Sitting there for a week is stupid and unacceptable

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Good luck. Their shipping is terrible. Mine has be sitting in china with no departure scan all week. At this rate it will be here 10/10 the original date. Knew I would t get it early, never peeing from Apple direct again.

is this your first time bud? this happens *every time*. Iā€™ve never ordered an iPhone close to release and not have it sit in China for days. Just be patient, man. Itā€™s coming.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
I ordered mine an hour after after 8am on preorder day. I think the frustration is we have literally 3 sources (Apple website, UPS homepage headline, UPS details page) disagreeing with each other.

As with my case UPS homepage headline says today between 11 and 3pm. Apple says next Wed. UPS Details page has no updates since 2 days ago, just says government cleared it.

Keep checking the 3 sources daily or multiple times a day builds anxiety. But if we have 1 source with accurate and frequent updates, I think that would be better for consumers.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Mine says the same thing except on the UPS app it says Monday October 3

Mine now reverted back to "Delivery date will be available as soon as possible" right after I got off the phone with a UPS from US, he says I need to talk to International Dept and I'm on hold.

Reactions: DonnyXMX

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Ups is terrible! They have dropped the ball this year majorly!! These all should have left china by now. Sitting there for a week is stupid and unacceptable
OMG!! They really are TERRIBLE! I just checked mine and it finally gave me a delivery date and when I went back and refreshed to check the time again, IT WAS GONE! Cheezus Crust!

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
OMG!! They really are TERRIBLE! I just checked mine and it finally gave me a delivery date and when I went back and refreshed to check the time again, IT WAS GONE! Cheezus Crust!
It is stupid! I wonā€™t be pre ordering next time! I can walk into my Apple Store right now and buy my phone without waiting!

Reactions: DotCom2

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I ordered mine an hour after after 8am on preorder day. I think the frustration is we have literally 3 sources (Apple website, UPS homepage headline, UPS details page) disagreeing with each other.

As with my case UPS homepage headline says today between 11 and 3pm. Apple says next Wed. UPS Details page has no updates since 2 days ago, just says government cleared it.

Keep checking the 3 sources daily or multiple times a day builds anxiety. But if we have 1 source with accurate and frequent updates, I think that would be better for consumers.

people have too much information it seems, haha. mine was stated to come another 3 weeks from now, as are others, so I struggle to understand the panic of not getting your device 2+ weeks before the original delivery date.

If Apple had delivered the phones to customers on their original date, and updated them just a day or two before receipt, nobody would complain. But, send the phones out THREE WEEKS EARLY (in my case) and give sparing, somewhat confusing updates, and people go crazy. It's fascinating.

Once the Incheon scan hits it'll be fine. Don't call UPS, they won't have answers for you.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
people have too much information it seems, haha. mine was stated to come another 3 weeks from now, as are others, so I struggle to understand the panic of not getting your device 2+ weeks before the original delivery date.

If Apple had delivered the phones to customers on their original date, and updated them just a day or two before receipt, nobody would complain. But, send the phones out THREE WEEKS EARLY (in my case) and give sparing, somewhat confusing updates, and people go crazy. It's fascinating.

Once the Incheon scan hits it'll be fine. Don't call UPS, they won't have answers for you.
Maybe you work from home and don't have to worry about what day, time your delivery is?

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Maybe you work from home and don't have to worry about what day, time your delivery is?

I don't, but I certainly won't be worrying about what time my delivery is coming on an unannounced, future date. As I said earlier, this is my experience every time. We'll be seeing Incheon scans within 36 hours. Just be patient. Once my phone leaves Korea I'll worry about being home for the delivery :p

Reactions: rjjacobson

RipsMctits

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2011
It's just a phone. The people here already likely have a perfectly working device right now. No sense in people getting all worked up about it, calling UPS in a panic and such.

Reactions: DonnyXMX

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
It is stupid! I wonā€™t be pre ordering next time! I can walk into my Apple Store right now and buy my phone without waiting!

Then just cancel it and buy in store. I wish I had a store that had availability. I wouldn't even worry the refund, I'll just call Amex after if I don't get refund.

Also, just got off phone with UPS. Here's how it went:

UPS United States called me, says they need to transfer me to UPS Intl.
Waited 6 min for UPS Intl.
UPS Intl agent says even though UPS Worldwide Express Saver has an SLA of 2 days guaranteed, Apple has a secret deal with them that the 2 day guarantee is not applicable to this shipment or any iPhone shipments due to the large amounts of iPhones being shipped on the same plane.
Agent further says my shipment is stuck in customs since 2 days ago, due to the size of the whole Apple iPhone shipments going through the same customs.
Agent was not able to see when the next scan is, and I asked if the device is lost (hoping he says yes so I can call Apple and tell them to overnight a new one from US), the agent says no it's not lost he sees movement behind the scenes.
I asked Agent when the next scan would be, he said later today.
I asked Agent if he knows whats the next destination, is it Incheon KR or Shenzhen China or HongKong (that way I can track the flights), he says he doesn't know.
I thanked him for his patience and time.

Anyways, again Apple is very stupid if this happens every year. That's partly why there's no growth in their stocks. Bounces between $100 to $160. They are a great PR firm that produces nice looking phones but the hardware is 1 to 3 years behind Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus. And their logisitics person needs to be fired immediately. Consumers should not have to this level of pain to possibly get the item they purchased with a very long purchase to delivery timeline.

Do I work from home? Yes. And if I'm frustrated, I can't begin to imagine how people who don't work from home feels.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I don't, but I certainly won't be worrying about what time my delivery is coming on an unannounced, future date. As I said earlier, this is my experience every time. We'll be seeing Incheon scans within 36 hours. Just be patient. Once my phone leaves Korea I'll worry about being home for the delivery :p
I'm glad you won't be worrying, but that's just you. Why don't you just let others be others and move on please.

Mp46241

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Then just cancel it and buy in store. I wish I had a store that had availability. I wouldn't even worry the refund, I'll just call Amex after if I don't get refund.

Also, just got off phone with UPS. Here's how it went:

UPS United States called me, says they need to transfer me to UPS Intl.
Waited 6 min for UPS Intl.
UPS Intl agent says even though UPS Worldwide Express Saver has an SLA of 2 days guaranteed, Apple has a secret deal with them that the 2 day guarantee is not applicable to this shipment or any iPhone shipments due to the large amounts of iPhones being shipped on the same plane.
Agent further says my shipment is stuck in customs since 2 days ago, due to the size of the whole Apple iPhone shipments going through the same customs.
Agent was not able to see when the next scan is, and I asked if the device is lost (hoping he says yes so I can call Apple and tell them to overnight a new one from US), the agent says no it's not lost he sees movement behind the scenes.
I asked Agent when the next scan would be, he said later today.
I asked Agent if he knows whats the next destination, is it Incheon KR or Shenzhen China or HongKong (that way I can track the flights), he says he doesn't know.
I thanked him for his patience and time.

Anyways, again Apple is very stupid if this happens every year. That's partly why there's no growth in their stocks. Bounces between $100 to $160. They are a great PR firm that produces nice looking phones but the hardware is 1 to 3 years behind Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus. And their logisitics person needs to be fired immediately. Consumers should not have to this level of pain to possibly get the item they purchased with a very long purchase to delivery timeline.

Do I work from home? Yes. And if I'm frustrated, I can't begin to imagine how people who don't work from home feels.
Canā€™t because it has shipped Apple said they couldnā€™t cancel it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.