Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I don't, but I certainly won't be worrying about what time my delivery is coming on an unannounced, future date. As I said earlier, this is my experience every time. We'll be seeing Incheon scans within 36 hours. Just be patient. Once my phone leaves Korea I'll worry about being home for the delivery :p

hey, who woulda thunk it..not even 12 hours! :D

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
I also have movement.
56365c55c4db9658571b01ba3c095b81.png

Reactions: DotCom2

Truckondo

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
Do they really not deliver on a Saturday? I’m not sure how the logistics work, I’m just surprised. I thought they were pretty much open every day all the time. But I could be wrong. Why would they not deliver iPhones on a Saturday?
In my area they will if you paid for Saturday delivery. FedEx on the other hand never has an issue delivering to me on a Saturday.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
So our phones were shipped by apple via UPS on the 26th but have not had any movement for two days. It shows still in transit in China. It originally said they would be delivered on the 29th but that date has disappeared and now it says they’ll soon update with a new delivery date. Apple says delivery will be on October 3 or 4. So who knows when they’ll arrive. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mine just got to korea 2 hours ago.

Reactions: iTone

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Do they really not deliver on a Saturday? I’m not sure how the logistics work, I’m just surprised. I thought they were pretty much open every day all the time. But I could be wrong. Why would they not deliver iPhones on a Saturday?

Depends on where you live. I live in a small town and UPS delivers everyday. Some UPS services are required to deliver on Saturday, for example, overnight early AM, and worldwide express of any level delivers everyday no matter where you live. It's possible for Sunday if it gets out of Korea today. It's 2pm there Friday. If it gets on a plane to US before custom closes then definitely Sunday. If not, Monday or Tuesday, or maybe even Wednesday.

If it gets cleared by KR customs today between now 2:43pm Friday local time in KR and 10pm Korea time, then I'm pretty sure it will be on this flight https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS99/history/20220930/1250Z/RKSI/PANC

Oh I forgot, when it comes to US, it actually loses 1 day, so it actually arrives our Friday afternoon 3:34pm Central... Yea there's a chance for Saturday delivery even... assuming flight from AK to anywhere US is overnight for Worldwide Express.

iTone

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
CA
We got movement again, they just departed from Korea. When do y’all think they’ll get delivered? Saturday?

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
yea saturday. it's on this plane i'm sure. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS91/history/20220930/0105Z/RKSI/PANC

or this one https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS99/history/20220930/1250Z/RKSI/PANC

if it is on flight UPS91, it would arrive in Alaska at about 6am Central, immediately departing Alaska for WorldPort and land by 2:30PM Friday Central US time... and then it would charter a small plane or just go on a UPS truck to arrive by Saturday. Don't get drunk Friday night fellas. The delivery could be as early as 7am your local time Saturday.

Looks like light rain in Alaska Friday, and sunny skies in Worldport. No weather delays, unless you're in Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bacong and iTone

iTone

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
CA
Ayeeee! Good thing I ordered cases and screen protectors so we’re ready for delivery.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Ayeeee! Good thing I ordered cases and screen protectors so we’re ready for delivery.

Well, don't get your hopes up, when I called UPS Intl earlier today they said even though it's using WorldExpress, it's not bound to the same SLA overnight guarantees. So when it arrives in US, it may very well be treated as a 2nd Day air or even UPS Ground. If it's 2nd Day Air, your best shot would be Tuesday, since it would ship from Worldport to where ever you are in US on Friday. 2nd Day Air doesn't deliver on weekends unfortunately. So +2 would be Tuesday. If it somehow doesn't leave Worldport until Monday, 2nd day air you'd get it on Wednesday. UPS Ground... well.. good luck. lol. anything goes with Ground. Only guarantee is it has a tracking number and they'll deliver to your door.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Correction. I'm sorry guys, looks like it will be Monday. UPS changed their Next Day Air policies since I last worked for UPS like 15 years ago... UPS Next Day Air no longer by default deliver on Saturday, but for an extra charge it will, I doubt Apple paid for extra. I'm guessing Apple's estimate is about right, Wednesday at the latest, since it may not be Overnight, but rather regular Ground or 3 day select.

1664518127550.png

1664518247153.png

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Assuming your phone is on US91 (enroute right now) and not UPS99, it will arrive 2:30 pm CT in Worldport.... I'm pretty sure Apple is going to go cheap and use UPS Ground which has a 5pm CT cut off. I don't think it's going to go out until Monday morning. So with that in mind, new update times, which is exactly what Apple says on their site for me.... Yea. So. However, if you live in the great state of Kentucky, you'll get it next day. UPS has a policy for UPS Ground that everything shipped from the state to another city in the state UPS ground basically is overnight. So you KY residents will get it Tuesday.

1664518653489.png

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
If however your phone departs not on UPS91, instead on UPS99, then your phone won't even get to Alaska until 4:30pm ET Friday. The plane usually takes a 2 hour break, then flies from Alaska to Louisville, with end of day so close I don't even know if they'll take off that day, but if they do... UPS91 will depart Alaska to Louisville around 6:30 pm ET, Friday, it's a 6 hour flight from Alaska to Louisville, which means it will land at worldport at around 12:30am ET Saturday. In both cases, be it UPS 91 or UPS 99... I don't think they're leaving Worldport until Monday morning. So yea, earliest delivery is Tuesday if you live in KY, and Wednesday for the rest of us.

iTone

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
CA
I live in California. I’m fine with Monday/Tuesday. That’s the days Apple originally said anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rayymondo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2022
Is there anyone whom is upgrading (ed) from an iphone 13 pro? What made you pull the trigger? Am still sitting on the fence...

vivcal

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2022
I live in California. I’m fine with Monday/Tuesday. That’s the days Apple originally said anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have my fingers crossed for Saturday since I think it has become standard in the SF Bay Area - Assuming a 3:30pm landing in SDF and a late night flight into Oakland, I'd give it a 30% shot at Saturday morning

Reactions: iTone

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Is there anyone whom is upgrading (ed) from an iphone 13 pro? What made you pull the trigger? Am still sitting on the fence...

I "upgraded" from Ultra 21 Samsung. Though it's not much of an upgrade because the camera and camera features on it are still far superior to iPhone 14 Pro Max. I got it because 22, 23 Ultras are ugly. Samsung went stupid, and decided to make them look like Note instead of traditional S. I question anyone who find the boxy design of Note nice looking.

I'm keeping my Ultra 21 just in case I still need it for the camera.

If I were you I would not upgrade from 13 pro. Very minimal difference, especially if you have to wait a month, possibly 2 months since holiday is coming up and if you order today it ships right before Thanksgiving. China is beginning to shut down for COVID prevention again, I think it will begin around mid October and end til probably December, then close again around Chinese New Years in January til late Feb.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Here's a wild idea if you want it tomorrow when it lands on the UPS91 flight. But do it with a lot of caution because this would require a lot of assumptions and hoops. Assuming it lands about 3:30pm ET at Worldport. It would probably be available for pickup or re-directed to a local UPS Store around 5pm ET. If you live near Louisville, you might as well change your delivery to pickup at Worldport tomorrow instead of shipping to you via UPS mychoice. Or if you are elsewhere in the country, redirect it to a local UPS Store, and then ask the UPS Store, like maybe THE UPS STORE #2771 near the airport to ship it Next Day Air with Saturday delivery to you, last pickup for air is 7:30pm ET at that store and probably all the ups stores in the area. It would cost about $170 for Saturday guaranteed. That price is pretty much the same for everywhere in US. Since it's the same price for up to 4 lbs... and each iPhone with packaging is probably just 1lbs. You can fit 3 or 4 iphone pro maxes in there. just saying. maybe you have buddies in the same boat, split the cost 4 ways you'd each pay about $43 for saturday guaranteed, assuming you guys live close of course since it's 1 package to 1 address..

1664522710156.png

1664522877390.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.