Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Damn, there's an active vocano in the flight path NOTAM issued. Hope our plane doesn't hit it lol.

1664523656796.png

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I'm in Anchorage now, landed at 4:18 am Alaska time and finally got a delivery date. I paid extra for a confirmed window time so it's Monday Oct 3rd for me! I'm in California.

Reactions: DonnyXMX

toddlermn

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Here's my saga! :-(
Is anyone in the same situation?

Ordered 9/9 - Original estimate of Oct 3-10

9/20 - Shipping Label created & origin scanned in ZhengZhou, China
6 days later...
9/26 - Left ZhengZhou, Arrived in Incheon, Korea
9/26 - Made it to Anchorage, AK
9/27 - 3 am - Made to to Lousiville KY
9/27 - Cleared customs in Lousiville

9/30 - 3 days later, no movement

I called UPS, and they said to call Apple.
Apple filed a shipping investigation and credited me for the phone case I've had for two weeks.

Is there any hope of getting the original shipped phone?
My watch has been in limbo, also. Left Shanghai, China on 9/28 and no movement since.

Damn UPS.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Here's my saga! :-(
Is anyone in the same situation?

Ordered 9/9 - Original estimate of Oct 3-10

9/20 - Shipping Label created & origin scanned in ZhengZhou, China
6 days later...
9/26 - Left ZhengZhou, Arrived in Incheon, Korea
9/26 - Made it to Anchorage, AK
9/27 - 3 am - Made to to Lousiville KY
9/27 - Cleared customs in Lousiville

9/30 - 3 days later, no movement

I called UPS, and they said to call Apple.
Apple filed a shipping investigation and credited me for the phone case I've had for two weeks.

Is there any hope of getting the original shipped phone?
My watch has been in limbo, also. Left Shanghai, China on 9/28 and no movement since.

Damn UPS.

I think yours is lost stolen.

vivcal

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2022
Mine also had the departure scan at 5:37am this morning from ANC but I’m seeing an estimated delivery date of today (9/30)…. Unless they plan on air dropping it in CA on their way to SDF I’m not sure how that’s going to work lol

Reactions: laffnvegas

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Mine also had the departure scan at 5:37am this morning from ANC but I’m seeing an estimated delivery date of today (9/30)…. Unless they plan on air dropping it in CA on their way to SDF I’m not sure how that’s going to work lol

Probably an error, UPS91 is a direct flight from Ank to Worldport. The plane touches down at 3:30PM ET today, there's no way you're getting it today (although I hope you do.) -- unless you have UPS Critical Express in which they hand deliver it to you, it's their "amex black card" service and cost a small fortune. Hospitals use it for shipping organs for patients who have maybe a few hours left in their lives waiting for a transplant.

Earliest possible solution is delivery tomorrow, if you follow my steps in previous posts. Though note, that's assuming everything goes according to my predictions and assuming nothing is delayed.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
But can't he just call Apple now and say it's lost and Apple literally will overnight a phone from CA?
No that's what they should do since it's not the customer's fault UPS loses something. But from what I read, they just start another order with weeks out shipping again. All these posts are why I do in store

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
No that's what they should do since it's not the customer's fault UPS loses something. But from what I read, they just start another order with weeks out shipping again. All these posts are why I do in store

I believe someone got an expedited replacement in this thread a few pages ago.

In store is obviously the best way, if you want immediate results and don't want to wait around. I've always ordered new devices online and it's not like my current devices weren't functional, so I was fine with them coming in the mail.

Reactions: compwiz1202

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Mine is exactly the same as your showing departed at 5:37 but shows it will be delivered by 7:00pm tonight, now sure how I am in Las Vegas but we shall see.

Yeah I doubt it also. Mine is still showing Monday, October 3 so that’s good for me. As long as this hurricane doesn’t screw things up. I’m in New Jersey.

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
Just a heads up for others: UPS wouldn't let me change the delivery to my local UPS Store. Not sure what's changed from the past as I've been able to pick up past Apple orders from UPS retail locations.

Reactions: DotCom2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.