Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Appleseed18

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Midwest
Finally my phone has arrived.. it sheltered in place during hurricane Ian. Now itā€™s safe with me.

Attachments

• 40A33D1C-C63C-4473-9F82-A5D2DE0890B6.jpeg
    40A33D1C-C63C-4473-9F82-A5D2DE0890B6.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Here's my saga! :-(
Is anyone in the same situation?

Ordered 9/9 - Original estimate of Oct 3-10

9/20 - Shipping Label created & origin scanned in ZhengZhou, China
6 days later...
9/26 - Left ZhengZhou, Arrived in Incheon, Korea
9/26 - Made it to Anchorage, AK
9/27 - 3 am - Made to to Lousiville KY
9/27 - Cleared customs in Lousiville

9/30 - 3 days later, no movement

I called UPS, and they said to call Apple.
Apple filed a shipping investigation and credited me for the phone case I've had for two weeks.

Is there any hope of getting the original shipped phone?
My watch has been in limbo, also. Left Shanghai, China on 9/28 and no movement since.

Damn UPS.
Please keep uninformed on what happens please and GOOD LUCK! I hope they find it and SOON!

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Mine is exactly the same as your showing departed at 5:37 but shows it will be delivered by 7:00pm tonight, now sure how I am in Las Vegas but we shall see.

Don't worry about it, there's 0 chance you or anyone's getting theirs today unless you are in Louisville, KY or you arrange for pickup at the Worldport and if they let you.

toddlermn

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
I think so. He might have to really dig on Apple but I think they will. Heard in the past they have.
Thanks all, I got an email from Apple that said it was stuck in customs. Which is what the UPS tracker says, and hasn't changed since Tuesday (9/27). They said to give them 48 hours to investigate. I'll call back tomorrow nothing has changed.

Reactions: DotCom2

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Is anyone seeing any movement on the shipping dates? For example, they said it would arrive 10/10-10-16 but actually moved up?

I have a 10/26-11/2 date and I am wondering if it might arrive any sooner...

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
no tracking number yet. sorry, I wasn't clear. mines not suppsed to leave until 10-26. Its still processing. But I was wanting to know if the dates were super conservative and if they were actually moving up.
Yes currently the dates you see are just conservative. Once Apple catches up with demand those will change. So in theory, yes maybe in next 2 weeks or so, you should see your card being charged and on Preparing to ship.

Reactions: Mojohanna32

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Is anyone seeing any movement on the shipping dates? For example, they said it would arrive 10/10-10-16 but actually moved up?

I have a 10/26-11/2 date and I am wondering if it might arrive any sooner...

My shipping date was originally 10/10-10/17. I got a delivery for 10/3 So for me delivery is about a week early.

ucsdsig13

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
No that's what they should do since it's not the customer's fault UPS loses something. But from what I read, they just start another order with weeks out shipping again. All these posts are why I do in store
My phone went from out for delivery to "lost". Call Apple and they will initiate a shipping investigation. In my case, Apple still made me wait until 3 days had passed from the date the phone was out for delivery (even though the local UPS facility made it clear the phone was lost).

After this timeframe had passed, I spoke with a supervisor at Apple who processed the replacement order while I was on the phone. She made notes requesting that the order be expedited, but couldn't guarantee when it would ship. My order confirmation stated a late Oct / early Nov estimate. But my phone actually shipped the very next day from ZZ, China (where it's still waiting to depart).

Reactions: laffnvegas

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
no tracking number yet. sorry, I wasn't clear. mines not suppsed to leave until 10-26. Its still processing. But I was wanting to know if the dates were super conservative and if they were actually moving up.

If I were you I would cancel the order now. That phone is not going to get here until Thanksgiving. And UPS around that time is going to be very very unpredictable. First, China will be shut down again for COVID starting around mid October, lasting to perhaps mid December, that means customs will be short staffed, and the average 2 business days of processing at China customs will likely be maybe as high as 7 business days, because by then it's not just iPhone going out and in of China, it's holidays, people will be mailing gifts into China, and out of China. After it gets done at customs, next is Korea, usually Korea is fairly quick, I think what 2 hours, I dont even know if the plane stops there at all. But when China shuts down for COVID, so will all Asian countries, including Korea. So that 2 hours would probably be like half a day, maybe a day. After Korea, it's heading for US/Alaska. While COVID will be much loosen here, still, with influx of packages into the US, sure not all will be at the Alaska entry point, but there will be added burden during holidays and longer waiting times, so maybe another half day in Alaska customs or wherever the entry point is by then. After customs, it's heading to Worldport. Now this is perhaps the longest delay during holidays. I'm going to say it's going to take 2 times longer now to process at Worldport around that time. Assuming it really ships Oct 26, I'm going to say add another 2 to 4 weeks to that for you to get delivery on hand.

Not to mention the % of theft around that time is going to be sky high..... even if it makes it to US, or maybe even before, it's going to get stolen/lost.

Not to mention, Apple has ordered all suppliers to stop production of iPhone 14, all models. It's possible when Oct 26 rolls around they say "I'm sorry but we are sold out (and we are not making any more for this year), here's your refund."

I think your best bet this point is either check Apple Stores, BestBuys, or eBay or Amazon for 3rd party vendors, but you're gonna pay probably 2x the price for those scalpers.

Apple's been caught in the US politician's agenda to demonize China at every chance, so China and Chinese people probably wasn't too thrilled to make iPhones as they were in previous years. My personal opinion is shame on our politicians making war instead of diplomacy. I won't go further on this but yea, look how that turned out. Our economy is heavily reliant on Chinese, in fact the world economy is heavily reliant on the Chinese. So why piss off a friend and turn them into enemy is beyond me. Politicians don't suffer, we do.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
No. Do not cancel now. You can still get it sooner. If you happen to be near by the apple store and you see it's available for pick up, order again for in-store pick up, once you pick it up, then cancel the online order.

internet rabbit

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
If I were you I would cancel the order now. [words]
this is the biggest reach i have ever read in my life. cannot speak on early holiday delays (sure, whatever, not sure why they would happen before thanksgiving but ok) or the weird soapboxing about china but they have not fully stopped production of iPhones 14. in fact, some manufacturing was just shifted from china to india. there will not be a day where apple will tell you "we have stopped making phones for the year" - that's not how manufacturing consumer electronics works lol. it's also not a surefire stolen phone just because it's near the holidays, what!? all of this sounds to me like catastrophizing over a late order

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Well... the box for my trade-in finally arrived to my house, vs to the Apple Store. I sent my old phone in, it got to its destination, and I just received an email that my trade in was accepted at full value. So I'm done for this year. Might sit next year out unless the 15 is really compelling. Or I may get a new watch next year.

Good luck and speedy deliveries to everyone still waiting!

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
this is the biggest reach i have ever read in my life. cannot speak on early holiday delays (sure, whatever, not sure why they would happen before thanksgiving but ok) or the weird soapboxing about china but they have not fully stopped production of iPhones 14. in fact, some manufacturing was just shifted from china to india. there will not be a day where apple will tell you "we have stopped making phones for the year" - that's not how manufacturing consumer electronics works lol. it's also not a surefire stolen phone just because it's near the holidays, what!? all of this sounds to me like catastrophizing over a late order

people are wild in this thread.

If I were you I would cancel the order now. That phone is not going to get here until Thanksgiving. And UPS around that time is going to be very very unpredictable. First, China will be shut down again for COVID starting around mid October, lasting to perhaps mid December, that means customs will be short staffed, and the average 2 business days of processing at China customs will likely be maybe as high as 7 business days, because by then it's not just iPhone going out and in of China, it's holidays, people will be mailing gifts into China, and out of China. After it gets done at customs, next is Korea, usually Korea is fairly quick, I think what 2 hours, I dont even know if the plane stops there at all. But when China shuts down for COVID, so will all Asian countries, including Korea. So that 2 hours would probably be like half a day, maybe a day. After Korea, it's heading for US/Alaska. While COVID will be much loosen here, still, with influx of packages into the US, sure not all will be at the Alaska entry point, but there will be added burden during holidays and longer waiting times, so maybe another half day in Alaska customs or wherever the entry point is by then. After customs, it's heading to Worldport. Now this is perhaps the longest delay during holidays. I'm going to say it's going to take 2 times longer now to process at Worldport around that time. Assuming it really ships Oct 26, I'm going to say add another 2 to 4 weeks to that for you to get delivery on hand.

Not to mention the % of theft around that time is going to be sky high..... even if it makes it to US, or maybe even before, it's going to get stolen/lost.

Not to mention, Apple has ordered all suppliers to stop production of iPhone 14, all models. It's possible when Oct 26 rolls around they say "I'm sorry but we are sold out (and we are not making any more for this year), here's your refund."

I think your best bet this point is either check Apple Stores, BestBuys, or eBay or Amazon for 3rd party vendors, but you're gonna pay probably 2x the price for those scalpers.

Apple's been caught in the US politician's agenda to demonize China at every chance, so China and Chinese people probably wasn't too thrilled to make iPhones as they were in previous years. My personal opinion is shame on our politicians making war instead of diplomacy. I won't go further on this but yea, look how that turned out. Our economy is heavily reliant on Chinese, in fact the world economy is heavily reliant on the Chinese. So why piss off a friend and turn them into enemy is beyond me. Politicians don't suffer, we do.

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re aware of this, but your posts are unhinged.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022

You're entitled to your own opinion, I'm not going to waste my time to tell you to read the news, but yea just Google an article release earlier this week, mentioned many times on this forums actually, Apple has instructed all suppliers to stop production for this year due to low demand.

As for how manufacturing consumer electronics works - please, enlighten me, how does it work exactly?

As for surefire stolen phone because near holidays - take a look at published public data from various sources on which months have the highest theft in carrier packages.

Just because you don't understand what I am saying doesn't mean you can openly mock my comments. That's not civil and says a lot more about you than me, bud. While I was trying to help someone make a rational decision based on data and my experiences as so many things, all you can muster up is a passive aggressive "you're so dumb" comment about me. Just think about that for a moment. Am I correct in my assessment to that person? Who knows, time will tell, I could be completely wrong. And if I am, I accept it, and move on. I take joy in that at least I used my best judgment to help someone out.

people are wild in this thread.

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re aware of this, but your posts are unhinged.

Not sure what unhinged means but I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

Be a better person, it's ok to disagree, but never attack the person, not even passive aggressively using "comments" or "posts" as the qualifier when in fact you are referring to the person. I'll forget about this probably in the next hour or so, but hopefully you learned a thing or two out of this, at least about how to be decent.

Last edited:

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
No. Do not cancel now. You can still get it sooner. If you happen to be near by the apple store and you see it's available for pick up, order again for in-store pick up, once you pick it up, then cancel the online order.
agreed. I bring at least one container a month in from China and they arenā€™t shutting down. They have a holiday next week. Nov UPS international is going to be fine. Doomsday Donny above thinks amegeddon is on the horizon.

Reactions: Shadowbech

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico

Dude take a chill pill if you got a serious bad experience probably but donā€™t ruin it for everyone

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
You're entitled to your own opinion, I'm not going to waste my time to tell you to read the news, but yea just Google an article release earlier this week, mentioned many times on this forums actually, Apple has instructed all suppliers to stop production for this year due to low demand.

Not sure what unhinged means but I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

Be a better person, it's ok to disagree, but never attack the person, not even passive aggressively using "comments" or "posts" as the qualifier when in fact you are referring to the person. I'll forget about this probably in the next hour or so, but hopefully you learned a thing or two out of this, at least about how to be decent.
I'm not sure english is your first language and I would never want to criticize someone's reading comprehension skills if they're not a native speaker, but the news is quite clear in that Apple is canceling plans to INCREASE production, not discontinue production of the iPhone 14 entirely.

If it IS your mother tongue, then you would do well to take your own advice on reading!

Last edited:

Whyy

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2022
Has anyone been charged yet for their 14 Plus preorder? And if so, what day did you order?

It seems that for the rest of the phones that were launched on the 16th people were charged on the Friday that preorders began or either the next day Saturday. And I think people were seeing activity in their UPS my choice accounts starting that Saturday?

So Iā€™m thinking itā€™s just about time for the same thing to start happening for the 14 Plus orders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.