Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Got my new Purple pm at around 12:30 today. It was most definitely the easiest fastest transfer with no complications I have ever had. So far I am very happy with the new phone. I had ordered a clear Spiegen cover that I placed on it before I even did the start up to keep fingers prints off of it. The disabling of the 13pm wasvery easy as well. Took picks of it before packing it up for proof it was in good condition. Packaged it up and will go take it tomorrow to UPS for trade in.

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
For those who haven’t had their phones shipped and charged yet, check your local Apple stores. I checked this morning and noticed a whole bunch of Apple stores around my area received a lot of stock of each color and size. I was able to snag the 14 PM 1TB in black and cancelled my online order.

nextgeneric

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2011
I'm still waiting for inventory to come into the local Apple Stores. Looking to pick up a 14 Pro 256 in Space Black, but all that's available around me at 1TB. I don't check all that often, so I'm probably missing restocks, but I'll get one eventually. No rush.

nextgeneric

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2011
Snagged a 14 Pro 256 Space Black from the local Apple Store. I chose a window to go pick it up. Does anyone know whether or not they give you a hard time if you come outside of your time slot? I scheduled it after work but I might have time to go earlier.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Snagged a 14 Pro 256 Space Black from the local Apple Store. I chose a window to go pick it up. Does anyone know whether or not they give you a hard time if you come outside of your time slot? I scheduled it after work but I might have time to go earlier.
I showed up 45 minutes early to pickup an Apple Watch and they told me they it was ok but wold help me as soon as someone was free with no other commitment. It took about 10 minutes in my case. YMMV

cdf294

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2017
Central Texas
I haven't read the entire 980+ pages of this thread but everyone seems to see their shipments go from ZhengZhou to Korea and then end up in Alaska. Mine went to Shanghai and then Japan. Has mine decided to go on world tour?

It's hardly a big deal since it will get here eventually. Just curious why my tracking info looks so much different compared to everyone else.

F0rumUs3r

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2021
I am admittedly a bit frustrated with my order. UPS claims it shipped in September and I was charged the first installment payment on my Apple Card. However the phone has been in China for days now with no progress. Apple should start the installments upon delivery, not shipping.

Reactions: DianaMR

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I am admittedly a bit frustrated with my order. UPS claims it shipped in September and I was charged the first installment payment on my Apple Card. However the phone has been in China for days now with no progress. Apple should start the installments upon delivery, not shipping.

I'll be in your boat soon, if you decide to message them about some sort of refund regarding that payment let me know, it's entirely reasonable to expect your payments to not start until you receive the device.

Reactions: F0rumUs3r

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
I haven't read the entire 980+ pages of this thread but everyone seems to see their shipments go from ZhengZhou to Korea and then end up in Alaska. Mine went to Shanghai and then Japan. Has mine decided to go on world tour?

It's hardly a big deal since it will get here eventually. Just curious why my tracking info looks so much different compared to everyone else.
Becuase different flights have different routes. The phones launch in Korea on 10/7, so it could be things getting dropped off for the korean market.
I have heard in the past that Apple basically buys up all of the space on these planes, but I don't know if that is factual.

Reactions: cdf294

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
I'll be in your boat soon, if you decide to message them about some sort of refund regarding that payment let me know, it's entirely reasonable to expect your payments to not start until you receive the device.
that is generally not how things work. If you order from just about anyplace on line, the charge happens when the product ships, not when it arrives.

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Most things you buy online aren't sold on an installment plan nor ship from oversees where it takes 1 week+ to arrive.
You’re paying a set number of installments. What difference does it make. Paying one installment 5 days before you receive tbe phone?
There are legal issues that dictate this. When goods transfer title. Generally, it’s when the shipper has the goods or when it leaves the factory.
Another good example is furniture. Nearly all stores you pay up front or a portion of total at order.

jp1212

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
OBX

Mine seems to have stalled in the same manner. I know they sometimes miss a scan but no movement for 5 days now seems strange.

IMG_4175.jpg

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Ordered my 14 pro max today through at&t. Oct 25- nov 1 estimated ship. Hopefully soonet that that. I couldn't deal with the battery on my 12 pro max any longer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.