Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
UPS freaking sucks man, I got apples email that it will be delivered today UPS also says the same but if you click on more details it says it’s in import scan wtf

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Call apple. If you live near the apple store, maybe pick up on there.
  • Oh no! I really apologize for that. In this case, I recommend you to contact with UPS and request to change the delivery date for tomorrow morning
  • Your Message:Will they deliver on Saturdays ?
  • Agent's Message:Yes of course
  • Agent's Message:If they don't deliver the order tomorrow morning, you will receive it on Monday
  • Your Message:well that's a bummer - after waiting a month and missing the launch day (today).
  • Your Message:Anyway I can have the order fulfilled by the Apple Store near me ?
  • Agent's Message:I deeply regret any trouble this has caused you!
    • I really regret what happened with your order. I know that this type of situations can be stressful and tensioning for you! But we are working hard on your order, the carrier has a delay on the way but the delivery date is still from today
    • Your Message:So if the phone I ordered a month ago does not show up today, what will Apple do for me ?
    • Your Message:What is the sense of ordering on first day of order and not get it on launch day ?
    • Agent's Message:If the device is not arrive today by 7 pm as expected, the carrier will make another delivery attempt, if this second delivery attempt is not possible for the carrier leave the package, the carrier will leave the package on the nearest access point for 3 to 5 days, you need to pick it up on the access point
    • Agent's Message:Then, if nobody pick up the order there, the order will be returned to us and you will receive the full refund
    • Your Message:You know I would not mind if it was an older phone or something not important. This is a LAUNCH DAY iPhone 14 Plus. How would you like to be stiffed after waiting for so long ????
    • Your Message:I need your supervisor.
    • Agent's Message:I fully see how important this for you, because I was in a similar situation, I’m a customer too and I really know how it feels but today you are not alone with this, we need to wait for the carrier today by 7 pm
    • Agent's Message:In this case, you can contact with us via phone here 1-800-676-2775 then you can request to be transfer with the supervisor

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
  • Oh no! I really apologize for that. In this case, I recommend you to contact with UPS and request to change the delivery date for tomorrow morning
  • Agent's Message:If they don't deliver the order tomorrow morning, you will receive it on Monday
  • Your Message:well that's a bummer - after waiting a month and missing the launch day (today).
  • Your Message:Anyway I can have the order fulfilled by the Apple Store near me ?
    • I really regret what happened with your order. I know that this type of situations can be stressful and tensioning for you! But we are working hard on your order, the carrier has a delay on the way but the delivery date is still from today
    • Your Message:So if the phone I ordered a month ago does not show up today, what will Apple do for me ?
    • Your Message:What is the sense of ordering on first day of order and not get it on launch day ?
    • Agent's Message:If the device is not arrive today by 7 pm as expected, the carrier will make another delivery attempt, if this second delivery attempt is not possible for the carrier leave the package, the carrier will leave the package on the nearest access point for 3 to 5 days, you need to pick it up on the access point
    • Agent's Message:Then, if nobody pick up the order there, the order will be returned to us and you will receive the full refund
    • Your Message:You know I would not mind if it was an older phone or something not important. This is a LAUNCH DAY iPhone 14 Plus. How would you like to be stiffed after waiting for so long ????
    • Agent's Message:I fully see how important this for you, because I was in a similar situation, I’m a customer too and I really know how it feels but today you are not alone with this, we need to wait for the carrier today by 7 pm
    • Agent's Message:In this case, you can contact with us via phone here 1-800-676-2775 then you can request to be transfer with the supervisor

That's ridiculous. Doesn't even acknowledge or do something right.

Reactions: 4sallypat

Whyy

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2022
Was that a chat transcript or a call transcript? I’m not fond of chats. They can be a colossal waste of time. I prefer to call and explain exactly what happened. Hopefully with a verbal explanation, the agent will get a better understanding that something went wrong, ie the product was missing upon attempted delivery.

Reactions: 4sallypat

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Was that a chat transcript or a call transcript? I’m not fond of chats. They can be a colossal waste of time. I prefer to call and explain exactly what happened. Hopefully with a verbal explanation, the agent will get a better understanding that something went wrong, ie the product was missing upon attempted delivery.
That was a chat transcript - the Apple store rep was powerless, ineffectual and worthless.

Guess I'll have to wait till Monday....

• Sad
Reactions: Whyy

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
iPhone 14 Pro Max Silver 512GB
Ordered: 9/11/2022 with expected delivery of 10/18-10-25
Shipped: 9/29/2022
First delivery attempt: 10/6/2022 (needed signature no one home)
Second delivery attempt: 10/7/2022 (UPS driver said the package wasn’t in the truck :( )

I will say that back in 2020 I’ve had a package missing during a delivery attemp. The truck driver ended up coming back because it was misloaded in the truck and he found it. Said someone put it in the wrong spot than where it was supposed to be. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alexfromaz

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
Apple customer service is slowly turning into trash. I had a bad experience w/ my iPhone 11 pro and Apple care. So bad that I had to buy and swap phones every 15 days for almost 2 months .. they supposedly don’t give out loaner phones anymore. Reading your transcript makes me cringe as I went through a similar experience. The reps are not passionate like before they are just there to clock in, clock out and receive their direct deposit.
Chewy.com has a better customer service than Apple!!

Reactions: Vazor

Dnguyen85

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2020
Finally. Pre-order this year seen like a joke.
0e58165b5ce380111963e6c9967b7138.jpg

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I have been moved to Monday thanks to UPS does anyone know if apple sends out a survey from this company? They need to know how much they suck
Same here - UPS is just awful - they get to my workplace on time on Friday (12 noon), driver says there is a next day air high value package then say he does not have it.

Got message today they are delivering (Saturday) by 7pm but I am not at work.

What morons they are!

Reactions: apollo1444

ali87va

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
Herndon, VA
Me too! Though I’m slowing down as time creeps onward. Someday I’ll probably forget to check and that’s when actual movement will occur — when nobody’s looking.
That’s usually what’s happened to me in the past😂. The day I stop or forget to check is the day I receive some sort of notification.

ucsdsig13

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
Missing or stolen 14+

UPS driver arrived at my work place as scheduled, said he can not find the package!

His route map shows to stop where I am but had nothing to deliver.

What to do ???

View attachment 2090404
I feel your pain. My original 14 PM order went out for delivery on 9/23 and went missing. My replacement device was expedited and went out for delivery on 10/5. Yup. Went missing as well.

Spent countless hours on the phone with the local UPS facility manager. Two iPhones make it over safely from ZZ China only to disappear once it arrives at my local facility? Obviously there’s a theft problem occurring. The UPS manager confirmed this. Supposedly the phones are never loaded onto the truck.

Fortunately Apple customer service has been exemplary. Have to wait until 3 days pass with no delivery before they can request a replacement. But definitely ask to speak with a supervisor. They have the ability to make things happen quickly. Thankfully a supervisor gave me a direct number to their department and it’s been a lifesaver in terms of saving time.

Called yesterday and spoke with a supervisor. She processed the order for an expedited replacement yesterday. Got an email and text from Apple this morning that replacement #2 had shipped. Wow, that was fast.

Per the recommendation of the UPS facility manager, I asked Apple to request a carrier hub hold so I can pick up the phone at will call. It’s the only way to prevent the team responsible for loading the trucks from handling the package.

However, I noticed that my shipment origin scan is from Lebanon, TN and not ZZ, China. Wonder if there’s a supply of iPhone 14s in the States now?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I feel your pain. My original 14 PM order went out for delivery on 9/23 and went missing. My replacement device was expedited and went out for delivery on 10/5. Yup. Went missing as well.

Spent countless hours on the phone with the local UPS facility manager. Two iPhones make it over safely from ZZ China only to disappear once it arrives at my local facility? Obviously there’s a theft problem occurring. The UPS manager confirmed this. Supposedly the phones are never loaded onto the truck.

Fortunately Apple customer service has been exemplary. Have to wait until 3 days pass with no delivery before they can request a replacement. But definitely ask to speak with a supervisor. They have the ability to make things happen quickly. Thankfully a supervisor gave me a direct number to their department and it’s been a lifesaver in terms of saving time.

Called yesterday and spoke with a supervisor. She processed the order for an expedited replacement yesterday. Got an email and text from Apple this morning that replacement #2 had shipped. Wow, that was fast.

Per the recommendation of the UPS facility manager, I asked Apple to request a carrier hub hold so I can pick up the phone at will call. It’s the only way to prevent the team responsible for loading the trucks from handling the package.

However, I noticed that my shipment origin scan is from Lebanon, TN and not ZZ, China. Wonder if there’s a supply of iPhone 14s in the States now?
Typically once supply catches up with demand, Apple will start storing them at warehouses in the U.S so it will definitely come from one of their warehouses.

Reactions: ucsdsig13

njg0ddess

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
my husband phone is still in processing stage his delivery dates is 10/21-10/28. Hoping he gets moved up soon.

Alexfromaz

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2022
Okay, so I caved. Cancelled my online order (silver 14 pro) and reserved a deep purple 14 pro at the Apple Store in Fashion Valley, SD, CA
I like the color. It is not silver but it is different. I don’t feel like it is an over hyped color like the 11 pro and 13 pro. And its just 1 year , so, i will be fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.