Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
Penix cost himself a lot of money last night; couldn't hit his own ass with both hands and it only got worse the more flustered he got.

Sad to see another season end...excited to see what's up for the "Pac-12" next year. :)

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
YAY!
Penix cost himself a lot of money last night; couldn't hit his own ass with both hands and it only got worse the more flustered he got.

Sad to see another season end...excited to see what's up for the "Pac-12" next year. :)
I do believe he was playing hurt so... dayum woman! lol

Michigan took the 3rd quarter off again.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ack! Don't come for me, I didn't know! 😂 I guess I wasn't really paying close attention to the game because I had no idea he was hurt!
You're a multitasker, eh? ;)
Yeah, not only did the announcers comment on Penix being hurt (more than once) watching him between plays, it was pretty obvious. I think it was a gutsy performance on his part as well as on the part of the Husky running back.

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
You're a multitasker, eh? ;)
Yeah, not only did the announcers comment on Penix being hurt (more than once) watching him between plays, it was pretty obvious. I think it was a gutsy performance on his part as well as on the part of the Husky running back.
I don't know that I'd call it THAT! 😂 It's weird...I was reading U of W's forum on Reddit and they were talking about why they lost and echoing what I said (albeit in a kinder way) about Penix being off his game that night, but never ONCE did anyone say anything about him being hurt. I would think that U of W fans would be the first to bring that up since some of them were blatantly looking for an excuse why they lost. I believe you; I just thought that was odd.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Wow - Saban retiring. Didn't see that coming!

Seven titles. Pretty incredible.

He's 72, and got nothing left to prove.

And with the kids chasing NIL money, and using the transfer portal as unrestricted free agency, who wants to try building a team around that? I think he lost at least nine players after this season.

Recently, there were two stories concerning player moves, both QBs. One was in his sixth-year, and one in his seventh.

I doubt they're going to be falling back on their graduate degrees when their playing careers fail (like most do). They're probably not pursuing graduate degrees to begin with.

The flip side of kids who leave early to enter the draft. Neither put the "Student" in "Student-Athlete" so when is CFB going to stop playing that charade?

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I don't know that I'd call it THAT! 😂 It's weird...I was reading U of W's forum on Reddit and they were talking about why they lost and echoing what I said (albeit in a kinder way) about Penix being off his game that night, but never ONCE did anyone say anything about him being hurt. I would think that U of W fans would be the first to bring that up since some of them were blatantly looking for an excuse why they lost. I believe you; I just thought that was odd.
Hmmp.

I'm pretty sure the commentators mentioned it.

But..

I think you're feeling guilty when you shouldn't. I didn't find anything offensive in what you posted.

I'm sorry if it seemed that way and very sorry if I put you on a guilt trip.

Reactions: Don Quixote

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Wow - Saban retiring. Didn't see that coming!

Seven titles. Pretty incredible.

Sad day in Alabama... What a great ride. After the 1992 season, the Tide was mainly forgotten and regulated to the bottom of the SEC and College Football in general. We had some very dark years!

It will be interesting to see who comes in and where the team goes from here.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Happy to see Ewers come back for one more season at Texas. I didn't really expect him to go pro this year, but it's nice to finally have some confirmation. He's really turned into a reliable quarterback for the Horns.

Now we just need to figure out how to develop a passing defense, and we'll be all set! :p

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
I wonder if, here on the west coast, we are getting different commentary than elsewhere? I say that jokingly, but I was just talking to my older brother and BIL and I mentioned getting some good-natured ribbing for not knowing Penix was ill/hurt Monday night and my brother's words were: "First time I heard that" and he was DEFINITELY listening to the game!

Anyway, that's old news now..my BIL said Dan Lanning announced that he is going to stay at Oregon and that's another newsflash to me as I didn't know THAT was up in the air! Something in the water. Glad he's not going anywhere.

EDIT: So Lanning was being considered to take Saban's place! Whew! The Ducks are going to have enough changes next season; that would've been a REAL blow!

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Sad day in Alabama... What a great ride. After the 1992 season, the Tide was mainly forgotten and regulated to the bottom of the SEC and College Football in general. We had some very dark years!

Going to be a hard act to follow...

Definitely the GOAT.

I really wished he'd stayed at LSU ...

Reactions: Don Quixote

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011

I think dynasties like Alabama had are over. He simply got better players but now with NIL and the portal, everyone can get the talent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.