Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Just ordered mine on UK Apple Store for 19/12 delivery. Looks like UK having a plenty of them in stock or there is an error on website and they will actually arrive later... Also they removed Unidays discount

Oh no, I'm worried this means they will cancel existing uni days orders :/

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
good job his opinion isn't what i share.

On the other hand iMore wrote up a pretty thorough review, you can pause music with a double tap still not enough for me to go ahead and get these. I'm 100% dependant on my phone for switching tracks etc.

Defeats the purpose of wireless in the first place.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.imore.com/airpods?client=safari

2a5ab21ad8cf803d06f2f570383cbcfd.jpg

Last edited:

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Just ordered mine on UK Apple Store for 19/12 delivery. Looks like UK having a plenty of them in stock or there is an error on website and they will actually arrive later... Also they removed Unidays discount

I just placed a 2nd order at full price incase this goes horribly wrong.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I have only just seen this so i have slammed in an order in the uk and have a 30th December delivery date. I am on leave next week so i will keep an eye on stocks in the retail stores and see if i can get a pair earlier

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Whats the matter? Apple got your tongue?

You've been duped. Bamboozled. Lead astray. Run amok. Yall been had bad. And it doesn't look good.

What Apple has done, they said, "The Airpods won't be ready this year, but we'll still take your order" Oops. I mean, "We'll still take your money."

And just like clockwork, you fell right in line. You didn't think twice. Mind you, these are the exact same people that said they didn't care about Airpods. These are the same people who said they wanted 3rd party Bluetooth earphones.

I told yall...

That these Airpods are a disaster in the making. You blindly jumped out and purchased these things.

Why, some of you reached in your pocket, and took a charge on this device, which the website is telling you they should arrive by December 31st. And you signed on the dotted line. I don't want to read any articles about angry Airpods customers. We're trying to sit back and warn you now.

Half of yall blindly put in an order for a product you know you're not getting this year. I told you Apple couldn't do it. They couldn't logistically get Airpods out to you all before the end of the year. I told you they couldn't do it, they have not done it.

The other half of forum members know what I'm saying is true. They're just going to observe. And just like them, I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Because we tried to tell yall. And when it happens, I'm going to say I told you that this situation would play out just like I said it would.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antgb84

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You've been duped. Bamboozled. Lead astray. Run amok. Yall been had bad. And it doesn't look good.

What Apple has done, they said, "The Airpods won't be ready this year, but we'll still take your order."

And just like clockwork, you fell right in line. You didn't think twice. Mind you, these are the exact same people that said they didn't care about Airpods. These are the same people who said they wanted 3rd party Bluetooth earphones.

I told yall...

That these Airpods are a disaster in the making. You blindly jumped out and purchased these things.

Why, some of you reached in your pocket, and took a charge on this device, which the website is telling you they should arrive by December 31st. And you signed on the dotted line. I don't want to read any articles about angry Airpods customers. We're trying to sit back and warn you now.

Half of yall blindly put in an order for a product you know you're not getting this year. I told you Apple couldn't do it. They couldn't logistically get Airpods out to you all before the end of the year. I told you they couldn't do it, they have not done it.

The other half of forum members know what I'm saying is true. They're just going to observe. And just like them, I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Because we tried to tell yall. And when it happens, I'm going to say I told you that this situation would play out just like I said it would.
So basically you were completely wrong.

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
So basically you were completely wrong.

I was wrong.

Okay. It's out there. Yall can celebrate. Clap your hands, rub my face in it that I was wrong about Apple releasing Airpods before January.

I fell on that sword. And the reason I did that, is because I knew I was going to be able to USE IT. At a later date...

You can trust and believe that...

Mwah ha ha ha ha....

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Good grief. What an asinine response.

/Unsubscribed.

It's just begun. When yall receive those Airpods in 2017... Nobody better complain about nothing! Oh man, this is going to be so delicious!

Apple set a trap for you. And I can't believe that–this is a gift!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's just begun. When yall receive those Airpods in 2017... Nobody better complain about nothing! Oh man, this is going to be so delicious!

Apple set a trap. And this is a gift!
Why? People can't complain about things now? :confused:

tmiles81

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Ordered mine early 5:20am Australian time with delivery Monday 19th Dec - will see how they go and if required, i think i could get more selling them than i would by just returning them...

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Why? People can't complain about things now? :confused:

Once those Airpods start petering out one-by-one... I don't want to see any threads... I don't want to hear any complaints, I don't want to see any replacement programs. I don't want to hear any of that.

This whole situation is incredibly shady. It's December 13th...

And with not a single solitary Airpod in sight, Apple decides they're going to start taking orders anyway.

Those things were supposed to come out back last Fall. Then they try to parlay this failure and turn it into a marketing opportunity. At this late date.

"Buy Apple accessories as gifts! Just in time!" This is what they did.

All I can say is wow.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Once those Airpods start petering out one-by-one... I don't want to see any threads... I don't want to hear any complaints, I don't want to see any replacement programs. I don't want to hear any of that.

And with not a single solitary Airpod in sight, Apple decides they're going to start taking orders anyway.

Those things were supposed to come out back last Fall. Then they try to parlay this failure and turn it into a marketing opportunity. At this late date.

All I can say is wow.
Don't read the forums? Or read the particular threads that you don't want to see?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

All I can say is wow.

Last Fall? We're still in Fall.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't feed the trolls :confused:

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
I shouldn't be feeding any trolls myself.

I mean it's not like I've argued on here, because I don't have to. I'm just going to keep quiet until January.

People don't have to listen to a word I say. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm just going to put my goggles on and observe.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I shouldn't be feeding any trolls myself.

I mean it's not like I've argued on here, because I don't have to. I'm just going to keep quiet until January.

People don't have to listen to a word I say. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm just going to put my goggles on and observe.
Ok....

Reactions: MDePew24

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Apple set a trap for you. And I can't believe that–this is a gift!

Hardly means much, a lot of People here would still complain even if a stripper was on their face.

Oh and I won't complain when I get mine next Monday..no more of that wire crap

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
*Takes notes* Okay...
[doublepost=1481679626][/doublepost]
Hardly means much, a lot of People here would still complain even if a stripper was on their face.

Oh and I won't complain when I get mine next Monday..no more of that wire crap
Well, yeah. I'm giving the Airpods a rest. I'll let that prediction come into fruition when it comes, but MacRumors editors SHOULD still be doing stories on how iPhone 6s batteries have failed when people tried to tell them that back last Fall. And MacRumors editors should be counting down the days until those batteries arrive.

That should be the major story of today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.