Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
If Amazon or Costco had those bragi headphone I would try it, I llike easy returns.

I still think the Airpods would win out though and the return process could not be easier.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
I have 2.2 installed update as well, no issues using the desktop updater on my iMac. I haven't experienced any connectivity issues with the Dash and my iPhone 7 (with an Incipio reprieve case). I use it mainly outside when I'm trail running (phone also connected to a Garmin Fenix3HR and Vivosmart at the same time)with my phone usually in my hydration vest (right chest pocket), when I hike I sometimes put my phone in the leg pocket and the Dash still remains connected well. Around the house it definite remains connected more than 5 feet.
Connectivity wise my experience with the Dash has been smooth, which is an improvement from my old Bluetooth earphones (Bluebuds X) -- music would skip even though the phone is just in my vest.

I like that the Dash's left and right bud easily connect with phone since I tend to use one earbud at a time. I've had issues with my Jabra Elite Sport, when I re insert the left bud (when using only the right) it does not automatically/instantly connect with the phone unlike the Dash. I'll play around with it a little bit more.

Looking forward to trying out the Airpods, was set on buying one when it was first announced.

Last edited:

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I picked some up at Sams Club and the Bluetooth is HORRIBLE! I carry my phone in my left pocket and they are not useable, even with the latest 2.2 update for them that claims to improve Bluetooth. Updating them is also not the easiest. There are at least 3 methods. The "normal" way didn't work using their update program downloaded from their site so I did a "rapid update" where each individual earpiece is updated separately. They will mount as a disk in finder and you download the firmware for the right dash, click and drag it to the right dash, eject it, (if not, the update fails). Then wait for it to update. You must have enough charge but there is no charge level indicator other than the color of the lights that give an estimate. Now if that's successful, you move on to the left one, drop it in the cradle, and hope it will now mount as a drive in finder, chances are it won't. You go back and try to read the instructions and it says nothing regarding what to do, then you will start searching the web and hopefully find the solution, I did on Reddit. You must perform a reset on the left one to get it to mount, then you again download the left firmware, load it, wait for it to update after ejecting, oops, you didn't eject before unplugging because you're excited to try them out so you do the process again. Finally it's all updated and you try them out. You go onto the app and set them all up. Try out the nifty head gesture tricks and you're good. You throw your phone in your pocket and all is good but you look to the right and it skips. You take it out, walk 3-5 feet away and the bluetooth signal is lost. That was my experience, I couldn't handle that performance after dropping almost $300 on them, so back to Sams they went. I'm sticking with my Jaybird Freedoms for now, I can be 50 feet away indoors in another room before they start to skip and I can have it in any pocket with no problems. YMMV

I had the exact same experience with Bragi dash.

I've carried my phone in my left pants pocket for a decade and have no intention of changing. So, indoors, music streamed well, but as soon as I stepped into my backyard I got cutouts just like you said. It even happened indoors if I casually put my hand in my pocket and covered the phone. (i7)

I also felt the charging case was too big to carry around in a pocket (airpods seem better in that regard). And it was really awkward fishing the Dash earpieces out of the recessed 'well' they sit in and getting them to pop back in properly to charge. (Again, airpods seem to have the advantage with their small, flip-top case).

I had high hopes for the dash. Refund time.

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
I had the exact same experience with Bragi dash.

I've carried my phone in my left pants pocket for a decade and have no intention of changing. So, indoors, music streamed well, but as soon as I stepped into my backyard I got cutouts just like you said. It even happened indoors if I casually put my hand in my pocket and covered the phone. (i7)

I also felt the charging case was too big to carry around in a pocket (airpods seem better in that regard). And it was really awkward fishing the Dash earpieces out of the recessed 'well' they sit in and getting them to pop back in properly to charge. (Again, airpods seem to have the advantage with their small, flip-top case).

I had high hopes for the dash. Refund time.

I really wanted to like mine I had. The headphone seems like a winner but it isn't available as far as I know at the moment and I would like some now. Im just hoping the air pods are released being 100% problem free.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Decided going to buy the powerbeats3 until the airpods are out. Least you know it will work well given has W1 chip

Reactions: Antgb84

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
That explains everything then, Apple is eagerly awaiting for Bluetooth 5.0 to feature on their AirPods.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
For some reason, I think the AirPods' release date is related to 10.2 public release.

I think I was right, the launch had to coincide with the release of 10.2. There are some Bluetooth fixes in 10.2 that probably delayed the AirPods launch.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
Placed an order, estimated delivery is December 20. Happy to get them before Christmas.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I ordered 3 pairs in 2 separate purchases. Myself and my siblings for Xmas. Arriving December 21. I am very excited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.