Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Yes, by mistake
Yes. I have a couple of times. This was among the checks Apple asked me to do. On the plus side, they last a lot longer than the stated battery life. More than 5 hours of almost continuous use including phone calls, ANC switched on etc. If I took them out (briefly) I didn’t put them in the case.

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
You already have a way of eliminating the hardware issue. Just check the runtimes and see if it’s close to the advertised 5 hours. If the diff is close to half hour or more then you’ve got a hardware defect and replace them.
If not, enjoy the product and stop replacing them for no good reason.
Yes. They dropped from 100% to 24% after half an hours use. They have been at “24%” for about 90 minutes now......

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Yes. They dropped from 100% to 24% after half an hours use. They have been at “24%” for about 90 minutes now......

...and now....after 3+ hours showing 39% 🤔🙄. Maybe I have MAGIC AirPods Pro that recharge themselves using the electricity in my ears....

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
When you saw 24% earlier, did you check each individual battery level?

Yes. They were L 24 % and R 23% which is ok with me. Stayed like that for ages then jumped to 39% and dropped to 36% when I put them in the case after close to 4.5 hours continuous audio broken up with a few phone calls. Took them out of my ears a couple of times, briefly, but put them on the table, not in the case

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Yes. They were L 24 % and R 23% which is ok with me. Stayed like that for ages then jumped to 39% and dropped to 36% when I put them in the case after close to 4.5 hours continuous audio broken up with a few phone calls. Took them out of my ears a couple of times, briefly, but put them on the table, not in the case
From your prior posts it seems like your APP are just fine. No need to replace them.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I jumped the gun, updating to the latest iOS didn’t help. Right AirPod is showing a lot lower charge rate than left. Also right is cutting off and dropping Bluetooth. I’ve never had so many issues with the Airpods. I’m having to revert back to wired buds. Thanks goodness my iPhone 6s has headphone jack.

Nietzking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2020
I just want to thank everyone — especially andreagrandi & Ralfi — for the amazing inputs. As far as I know, there's a massive update coming for the AirPods Pro with iOS 14. I hope these matters will be fixed there. It's weird, though, that Apple hasn't spoken out yet about this well-known issue. Giving out a replacement for every single case shouldn't be the standard solution. We'll see how this turns out.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
IMG_0866.jpg

this was mine this morning (Airpods v2). I'm sitting on a conference call...not speaking at all..just listening in.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I am still having this issue ! Even when both of my Airpods Pro are full charged and when I use for only a couple of minutes on the first day the next day when I want to use them the right is at like 80% and Left is at 30%

Should I be worried ?

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Weird. I was just going to chime in on here saying that since the latest firmware update I haven’t seen the off balance charge reading on my air pods pro. It’s too bad you guys are still having problems. Maybe mine will start doing it again too but for now it’s working how it was supposed to.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Weird. I was just going to chime in on here saying that since the latest firmware update I haven’t seen the off balance charge reading on my air pods pro. It’s too bad you guys are still having problems. Maybe mine will start doing it again too but for now it’s working how it was supposed to.
It definitely will, but if you stop worrying about it, it’ll just fade away like the minor issue it is in the grand scheme of things 😏

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
On iOS 14.0.1 and latest firmware and still have this problem occasionally :D not always though

JohnHunter84

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2020
USA
I had the same situation, I just discharged both the headphones and the box itself to 0%, and then updated and recharged to 100. As if everything is fine now

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I had the same situation, I just discharged both the headphones and the box itself to 0%, and then updated and recharged to 100. As if everything is fine now

So is the solution to the problem then ? Discharge everything completely to 0% till it blanks out and again charge it tk 100% ? But is that not detrimental for the battery if the Airpods the ear buds and the case itself ?

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
My right one drains faster than my left. I did a complete reset and got it under 10% but it was 7% faster than the left. Then I left the powered left Airpod playing music and it died 13 minutes later. It'd be nice to have both working for those last 13 minutes. Going to keep track of this.

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
I returned to Amazon and will reorder. Did not get better after resetting. Today the right died while the left had 11%. Not acceptable.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
My right one drains faster than my left. I did a complete reset and got it under 10% but it was 7% faster than the left. Then I left the powered left Airpod playing music and it died 13 minutes later. It'd be nice to have both working for those last 13 minutes. Going to keep track of this.

I returned to Amazon and will reorder. Did not get better after resetting. Today the right died while the left had 11%. Not acceptable.
🤦🏻‍♂️
10% difference?

There was nothing wrong with them....You’re wasting your time...

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
It’s terrible that I spent so much money on my 1st gen Airpods and can’t use them because the Bluetooth keeps cutting off. I had to go back to wired buds. I am convinced the firmware caused this issue because they worked great up until the last firmware which I believe came out in Sept 2020.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
I just got my AirPods Pro and have noticed the same issue with my left AirPod draining much quicker than the right one (65% vs 85% after 50 minutes of listening to music).
I’m on the latest iOS version. Did anyone find a fix for this?

Edit: lol I just tried “forgetting” the device on my iPhone, holding the AirPods case button for 15 seconds to reset them, and then after connecting to my iPhone again my battery went from L 49% R 69% to L 59% R 28%

I’m assuming the battery is probably fine and iOS just has a problem reading the actual levels like someone else said in here, but I’ll still try to drain them to see if one dies quicker than the other just to make sure

Last edited:

savek

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2020
So, an update.

As far as I understood from the email they sent me - they did diagnostics and concluded that they hate to change the Case and both AirPods (the whole thing). I have to wait now from 15 to 25 work days (absurd).
As soon as I get the new ones I will let you know if all the issues are resolved, which I think they will.
Hi friend, so how's your Airpods Pro? did Apple just replace the whole unit?
I bought Airpods Pro on January 2020 and after 11 months of use, my Right Airpod seems have crackling sound. and yesterday I brought it to Apple Service Centre for warranty claim. They said it requirred 4-5 days for repairing process. So my question is:
1. Is Airpods Pro repairable?
2. If repair is not possible, does Apple replace the faulty side or both side?
3. If Apple just replace Right side, does it affect whole performance? since my Left side are facing battery aging ofcourse it will dying quicker than Right side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.