Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I have Tile slim in my wallet. I did have a Tile Pro in my wallet before (I have a leather tri-fold) and it worked. The fact the AirTag is smaller and "smoother" should make it acceptable again I think (and hope).

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I would hope that someone will make a wallet with Findmy built in, so we don't have to use an airtag or cram that in a wallet. Or maybe a magsafe holder for the airtag to slap on the back of the apple leather wallet?

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I would hope that someone will make a wallet with Findmy built in, so we don't have to use an airtag or cram that in a wallet. Or maybe a magsafe holder for the airtag to slap on the back of the apple leather wallet?
Who knows , maybe Hermès will ?

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
The correct answer is don't carry a wallet around, that is so 20th century. Use Apple pay.
Except that it isn’t accepted everywhere, and I need my drivers license with me, and not all of my cards work with Apple Pay.

I hate carrying a wallet, I really do. But until I can legally keep my drivers license digitally on my phone (at the very least) this isn’t feasible for me.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
The correct answer is don't carry a wallet around, that is so 20th century. Use Apple pay.
I live in a very highly populated area near Chicago, and you still can't get by without taking a wallet with you. All the big chains and some of the more tech savvy small businesses take Apple Pay, but there are still far more businesses that don't. And what if I need my driver's license, insurance cards, etc. for some reason? Those have Apple Wallet compatibility, but it doesn't display all the information I need when I need to pull the card up due to privacy issues.

So yeah, here on planet earth, I do need my wallet when I go out. What I DON'T always need when I go out is my iPhone. My cellular Apple Watch steps in just fine for that purpose. Smartphones are so 20th century.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I have a Ridge wallet and am considering the Moment hard case that will stick on the outside. I’m using a Tile card right now...

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Should be fairly simple taking an AirTag apart and making it slim enough to fit in a wallet. Doesn’t need to be water resistant so just remove all the plastic and metal, wire up the battery, tape the thing and put it in your wallet.

Pretty sure there will soon be a bunch of video’s/pictures all over the internet on how to take it apart...

Reactions: sfrangu

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Tile Slim is exactly what you are describing. Have to wait for Apple Airtag Card or AirCard.
This is exactly what I have in my wallet, works great, and already used it once when I put the wallet down and forgot where the heck I left it.

Would I like an "AirCard," sure...but that may take a while.

tagy

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2003
UK
Can you explain how you’ve been using ApplePay in, say, a restaurant at which the server runs your card? Or at a gas pump or other POS location which isn‘t equipped for NFC transactions?

Or how you provide ID with ApplePay?

Depends where you live I guess, it would be fine to do all those things in the UK with just your phone I think.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Depends where you live I guess, it would be fine to do all those things in the UK with just your phone I think.
In the UK, no one else ever handles your credit cards?

Does the UK have fully electronic ID?

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
Can you explain how you’ve been using ApplePay in, say, a restaurant at which the server runs your card? Or at a gas pump or other POS location which isn‘t equipped for NFC transactions?

Or how you provide ID with ApplePay?
Restaurant - I use Apple Pay on their contactless equipped card machines.
Fuel Station - I use Apple Pay on their contactless equipped card machine.
ID - I’m not legally required to carry ID. If stopped while driving by the police we have 7 days to take documents to a Police Station if they’re not with us.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been anywhere that does not accept contactless cards and therefore Apple Pay.

Reactions: Emmanuel321
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.