Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shooter45acp

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2017
RI
I used mine at the gym today no issues! I tell you what big difference when at the gym I could always hear some background noise with my old ones these I Hear nothing!

Lmd700

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2022
Used all weekend had no issues switching between ATV or iPad, iPhone, but I don't think my adaptive transparency is working? Its turned on but at the gym this morning it did nothing at all with loud background noise? I turned it off and on, I had to just use and, any one else having issues or is it working on your AirPods pros 2? Thank You

sbdyontheweb

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
Latest firmware. Mine have issues connecting to macbook pro 16 m1, auto switch from iphone to macbook doesnt work automatically.

Once connected the sound changes weirdly sometimes bad quality, sometimes lower volume, it loses spacial audio not sure why.

Almost sure its software bugs, but its a shame to release such garbage software thinking of returning, becoming increasily upset with software quality of all apple products tbh.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
similar too. Had then since Friday but today a long train journey.
Fine for a while but then just stopped.
I thought it was because of mobile signal.

However nothing I can do makes them come back.

Audio seems to be playing but can’t hear it.

Any quick fix or toggle to get it going?

SteveChocz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
similar too. Had then since Friday but today a long train journey.
Fine for a while but then just stopped.
I thought it was because of mobile signal.

However nothing I can do makes them come back.

Audio seems to be playing but can’t hear it.

Any quick fix or toggle to get it going?
Weird fix I found but you can use the find my app to play sound on the AirPods and it might fix the problem.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Weird fix I found but you can use the find my app to play sound on the AirPods and it might fix the problem.
Thank you.

It is heartening to know that it’s not just me this is without a doubt some firmware issues for us early adopters. I await a fix, and if they don’t within four weeks, I shall send them back for a refund.

King_of_c00l

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Romania
Same issuss with horrendous connection here. If i even attempt to put my phone in my pocket i lose connection. Tried everywhere in any possible scenario. Home, outside, at the office. Reset everything. All in vain. I really think it's hardware. This is worse than using ultra cheap buds.

Latest firmware and iOS on a 13 pro max.

Airpods 1 still no issues. Did some tests with both.

vyas22

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Having a similar drop out issue, mainly on the train to work and back, not sure if that's due to so many other airpods and devices in the same space.

iPhone 11 Pro with latest software

bobjonesco

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2017
Perth
Just happened for the first time - twice in 10 minutes.

Walking with iPhone Xs in pocket. Latest iOS 16 beta and latest AirPods firmware.

alasdairszombiemac

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2017
Yep, get this, annoyingly, ios16.0.2 on iphone 11 and latest firmware. What is particularly annoying is that it isn't a persistent issue, but it seems to happen for a bit then not for hours or days

Lmd700

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2022
my only issue so far is ANC for one AirPod doesn't stay on? I have to go into settings every time and toggle use ANC with one AirPods....

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
This is ridiculous.
Been ok for a couple of days.

But now after 10 minutes use the left pod is silent.
Can’t get it back. Sound only coming from the right. However noise cancelling and controls etc working fine.

Obviously some firmware issues but I’m now tempted to send them back and wait a month or two until these problems are sorted.

Very much a bad experience here and very un apple

76haz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
I have connection issues as well. Similar to others sometimes it shows connected to my iPhone in settings but there’s no audio playing through AirPods just through iPhone and the AirPods do not show up drop down shade.

I also have been experiencing a strange audio effect playing YouTube or Netflix where if I scrub or skip forward or back the audio changes to sounding a bit echoey or hollow or something and then scrubbing or skipping again fixes it.

At this point not sure if this is a software specific thing and I should wait for updates or order a different unit and return this one
So I've just got my replaced for the echo issue and sadly the new set have the exact same issue. Unless I'm just incredibly unlucky, it must be a software issue.

Reactions: Lotuskid

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
So I've just got my replaced for the echo issue and sadly the new set have the exact same issue. Unless I'm just incredibly unlucky, it must be a software issue.
Yup, my second pair came in yesterday and immediately has the same issue. Has to be software, I hope apple is aware

Reactions: 76haz

76haz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
Yup, my second pair came in yesterday and immediately has the same issue. Has to be software, I hope apple is aware
They are. I was contacted by Apple support and they've asked me to send logs, screen recordings etc. so that's really hopeful!

Reactions: Lotuskid

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I don't have this issue with my 14PM, ATV or iPP.

But this happens with my MBP. It's like as soon as the screen goes black, when I wake it up less than a second later, sometimes I have manually click on "Airpods Pro" from the BT list to reconnect.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Mine are going back tomorrow - one week in.

Although im sure its a firmware issue Im surprised that it has gone unnoticed.
The other possibility is a hardware fault and at this stage I don't want to start sending back for replacements if theres an early batch of faulty units doing the rounds.

Far safer to send them back for a refund and wait a couple of months to see what happens.

76haz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
For the echo issue, I've just found a weird 'solution' (in quotation marks as it's hardly a solution really). The echo never happens when screen recording (how strange)

Dave Pearce

macrumors member
May 9, 2020
I've had a few glitches with mine with my iPhone XS Max, but on the whole ok.
Different story with my 14" MBP. They keep disconnecting and connecting to my iPhone randomly. The phone is not being used (but obviously on). This only happens with the Gen. and never with my old Gen 1.
Going to send them back to Amazon and get a new pair, but will live with it if its the same.

trazan

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2015
Yes. Watching video or listening to music on my Macbook (in my lap), the audio will cut out, stop what's playing for a few seconds, then resume. Some times it won't resume, and I'll have to unpair/pair to get them working again. Happening two, three times per hour or thereabaouts. Annoying.

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
now i can say Yes, the amount of audio cuts and disconnect then unable to resume is annoying. My APM is fine so this is really on the APP2

ftrfrm

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2020
Issues here as well. Sometimes audio will drop out for a few seconds and my left ear feels like it's in transparency mode (I'm in ANC mode) and then re-connects.

Also won't move from my Mac mini to iPhone automatically (or vice versa).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.