Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
And, if you're in the US, the Huawei Mateview sells for something between $1200-$1500 depending on which importer you use, so the cost difference is minimal.
Got each of mine for 320€.. Now yeah it's hard to justify to get one of these for 2000€

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
At this point I don't think it's worth it for us tbh...
Well, I also have a Dell UP2715K next to my MateViews so I'm biased when I say the Studio Display isn't worth it to me because I'm already getting the best of both worlds! :)

Last edited:

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Well, I also have a Dell UP2715K next to my MateViews so I'm biased when I say the Studio Display isn't worth it to me because I'm already getting the best of both worlds! :)
I do want a 5K Display, but honestly after these mate view and getting used to work with them at 1707 res, for now it's fine.

It's just hard to justify to upgrade since I got both for 670€

Reactions: Amethyst1

ataq

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006
My two displays (on different locations) visually compared to Studio Display.

dell_huawei_apple.png

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
How is the Mateview? I didn't know about this screen but it looks beautiful (except the stand).
What Apple has over the Mateview except resolution and size?
For the price of Apple I could get 2 of Mateview on vesa. What am I missing?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
How is the Mateview? I didn't know about this screen but it looks beautiful (except the stand).

Most artist want it because some people dislike the glare!

CoffeeMacBook

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
Okay, how great would it be if Apple released a display with webcam. They should just throw a iPhone rear camera in the front and 120Hz. The ultimate display for remote work.

That’s the dream display. What’s y’all thoughts on Apple releasing something like this?

I was thinking just this a few weeks ago while shopping for a web camera, even made a post asking for solutions. I ended up canceling a Logitech order and was considering hooking up my iPhone.

The Apple gods must have heard you, because the Studio Display was released lol

I saw Apple's email announcement on the released products later that night after the keynote speech, which I missed, and hopped online to catch up. Purchased one Studio Display that night ?

The audio system I don't care much for, since I almost always use noise cancelling headphones, but the web camera I'm glad to see it added. Reduces clutter. Although I do wish they'd make a cheaper non-speaker non-camera version of the same monitor for those that want a dual or triple setup. 3 webcams and 18 speaker systems is a bit whoa.

Last edited:

ataq

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006

I really enjoy my Mateview. I still ordered the Studio Display because I have two home offices in different countries. So the Studio is replacing my Dell Display.

You can‘t change the Stand on the Mateview and Vesa mount is not possible because the Stand is an integral part of the display (power connector and ports).

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
Keep us posted for the comparison, please

I really enjoy my Mateview. I still ordered the Studio Display because I have two home offices in different countries. So the Studio is replacing my Dell Display.

You can‘t change the Stand on the Mateview and Vesa mount is not possible because the Stand is an integral part of the display (power connector and ports).

Reactions: ataq

hans1972

macrumors 68040
Apr 5, 2010
I ordered the new Apple 27"er + a Dell U3223QE.

I really wanted a bigger display than 27" from Apple at a reasonable price. Ideal would have been 32" at or below $2,000. Still - I'm sure it's well made and 5K while overkill for me, it is probably stunning.

I also ordered a Dell 32" U3223QE. Both should arrive around the same time - so the best display will stay and the loser gets returned.

I have a hard time believing that I will want to keep the $1600 27" Apple display over the sub-$1k 32" 4K display, but we shall see...

Please make a thread where you compare the two :)

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
As the owner of a 27" 5K display, I can say it will be. You might be disappointed by the 32" "4K" monitor in comparison.
Agreed. I spent a month or so shopping monitors before realizing that due to the way apple’s UI works if youre used to retina nothing apart from the ultrafine 4k, 5k or xdr (that most cant afford) will give you that crispness

Reactions: MikeDr206 and GlenK

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
As the owner of a 27" 5K display, I can say it will be. You might be disappointed by the 32" "4K" monitor in comparison.

Well, I’m coming from an old Dell U3014. It's a 30in display but only 2600 x 1600.

I've had it for years and have gotten used to the productivity benefits of a 30”. When I step down to a non-retina 27" that I used at client office, it seems cramped, so I am worried that the Apple monitor is going to feel too small.

I bought a different (cheap) Dell 32" 4k (S3221QS) and I liked the size of it but it glitched with the M1 and felt like the colors were a bit off so I returned it. I'm hoping that the U3223QE Ultrasharp will do better.

Please make a thread where you compare the two :)

If I open both, then yes - I'll post the comparison.

Agreed. I spent a month or so shopping monitors before realizing that due to the way apple’s UI works if youre used to retina nothing apart from the ultrafine 4k, 5k or xdr (that most cant afford) will give you that crispness

It's the main reason to upgrade from the Dell U3014 which is still a great monitor despite being about a decade old. The Retina display on the MacBook makes the Dell feel pixelated and blurry. My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be, so I don't know that 4K vs 5K will make much of a difference to me.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Well, I’m coming from an old Dell U3014. It's a 30in display but only 2600 x 1600.

I've had it for years and have gotten used to the productivity benefits of a 30”. When I step down to a non-retina 27" that I used at client office, it seems cramped, so I am worried that the Apple monitor is going to feel too small.

I bought a different (cheap) Dell 32" 4k (S3221QS) and I liked the size of it but it glitched with the M1 and felt like the colors were a bit off so I returned it. I'm hoping that the U3223QE Ultrasharp will do better.

It's the main reason to upgrade from the Dell U3014 which is still a great monitor despite being about a decade old. The Retina display on the MacBook makes the Dell feel pixelated and blurry. My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be, so I don't know that 4K vs 5K will make much of a difference to me.

looks like you may want an new ultra-wide version of an AGM gambit!

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011

So from the dell 30” you will notice the vertical workspace loss just slightly.

For me coming from an old 34” ultra wide i missed the extra width immediately (3440 vs 2560). For now i have my m1 air open next to it as a stop gap (since you cant do double 5k on the m1 air) and i dont have xdr money. Anyone want to take bets on how many years for an official apple ultra wide? Decade? Or two haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.