Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
Server seems unstable the last couple days. Getting bad lag from time to time, and it has gone offline a lot. Hope its just random internet congestion.

CapnCrunch53

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
Indiana
Hi guys, I hopped in for a little bit on my G5 today, chatted with Surrat for a little bit on the server. Ran great for me; ping was excellent! I'll probably be hopping on from time to time to relax and build.

Surrat, you were interested in my graphics card, it is a 256MB DDR3 Radeon x1950 XT, indentical to the one shown here. The ROM I obtained from post #11 on this thread; it's simply called X1950MAC.ROM.

Running OpenMark on the x1950, I scored 16040 points. I should point out that that is the exact same score user Energybutton got with his card later in the above thread.

Sorry for the off-topicness! I mostly just wandered around today, but I look forward to spending more time on the server and finding a nice spot to settle down.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hi guys, I hopped in for a little bit on my G5 today, chatted with Surrat for a little bit on the server. Ran great for me; ping was excellent! I'll probably be hopping on from time to time to relax and build.

Surrat, you were interested in my graphics card, it is a 256MB DDR3 Radeon x1950 XT, indentical to the one shown here. The ROM I obtained from post #11 on this thread; it's simply called X1950MAC.ROM.

Running OpenMark on the x1950, I scored 16040 points. I should point out that that is the exact same score user Energybutton got with his card later in the above thread.

Sorry for the off-topicness! I mostly just wandered around today, but I look forward to spending more time on the server and finding a nice spot to settle down.

Welcome to the community! Keaton and I are admins, so if you ever need anything, just write it on here or PM us. I can usually provide a faster answer than Keaton since he is very busy with various things.

Surrat

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2014
United States
Gamer would you pretty please nuke the cobblestones in the center of my city walls when you have a chance? I dug out the corners so you can see where to nuke.

CapnCrunch thanks for the info and benchmarks! Looks like my apple x850xt ADC card is still the openmark champ for ppc. It scores 16588. I find that very strange, I expected the x1900 pcie to beat it, or especially your x1950xt.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gamer would you pretty please nuke the cobblestones in the center of my city walls when you have a chance? I dug out the corners so you can see where to nuke.

CapnCrunch thanks for the info and benchmarks! Looks like my apple x850xt ADC card is still the openmark champ for ppc. It scores 16588. I find that very strange, I expected the x1900 pcie to beat it, or especially your x1950xt.

I will once I get a chance, hopefully today. I've been very busy so.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So here is some recent news... Construction has begun on Surrat's massive walled city, with LightBulbFun, Surrat, and I working on it. We will be on the server a lot of the next few days to work on it.

Also, as I mentioned awhile ago, I believe we should make a faster way to get help or request someone like me to come on and give creative temporarily. I think the easiest way to use this is make an AIM chat. The service is free and anyone can use it. It's especially easy with the fact that every Mac can easily use AIM, through iChat or Messages. The chat should only be used in emergencies like when you need immediate help or request someone to come on, like a fellow user or Admin. Everything else will continue to be posted on here. Anyone agree or am I being stupid again.

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
So here is some recent news... Construction has begun on Surrat's massive walled city, with LightBulbFun, Surrat, and I working on it. We will be on the server a lot of the next few days to work on it.

Also, as I mentioned awhile ago, I believe we should make a faster way to get help or request someone like me to come on and give creative temporarily. I think the easiest way to use this is make an AIM chat. The service is free and anyone can use it. It's especially easy with the fact that every Mac can easily use AIM, through iChat or Messages. The chat should only be used in emergencies like when you need immediate help or request someone to come on, like a fellow user or Admin. Everything else will continue to be posted on here. Anyone agree or am I being stupid again.
I think it's a good idea. I volunteer to be additional staff if needed. I'm not asking for Admin rights, but maybe something along the lines of a Moderator. Even though the server is small, I would like to see more of our community get involved.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014

I have spent hours trying to contact you through AIM. Aim and Yahoo require a phone number so I couldn't register! In Skype and Google Talk and ICQ I couldn't find any way to send messages to AIM users. Emailing to your AIM address doesn't work.

Why don't you make a Skype account? Skype doesn't require a phone number to register.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think it's a good idea. I volunteer to be additional staff if needed. I'm not asking for Admin rights, but maybe something along the lines of a Moderator. Even though the server is small, I would like to see more of our community get involved.

its great to see that people want to get involved. However, due to not having permissions (a set of server-forced rules that allow a user in a certain class to do certain things), we cant really have this yet. Keaton has been extremely busy with various projects, including the Leopard Market, which I'm working on as well. However, hopefully we can make it soon and allow for this.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I have spent hours trying to contact you through AIM. Aim and Yahoo require a phone number so I couldn't register! In Skype and Google Talk and ICQ I couldn't find any way to send messages to AIM users. Emailing to your AIM address doesn't work.

Why don't you make a Skype account? Skype doesn't require a phone number to register.

oh, i forgot that the aim link in MR is wrong because it keeps taking out the last letter in the address. its at @msn.com, not .co... Thats why you aren't able to message me. Skype might be a little annoying to use for some, in my opinion.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Progress Pictures

Here are some progress pictures of Surrat's walled city! More progress and pictures to come!

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    600.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 103

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
It would be cool to have someone make a "camera" for the server where they log in to the server as a player and look at something to monitor, then stream the video on twitch or something.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It would be cool to have someone make a "camera" for the server where they log in to the server as a player and look at something to monitor, then stream the video on twitch or something.

Gee, that would be cool, however, that would require a lot of coding and basically an entire modification of Minecraft, the server software, and to top it off, you would need to link everyone together through Keaton's Internet. The closest thing to that is Twitch streaming on 1.6/1.7/1.8, or spectator mode in MC1.8

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Gee, that would be cool, however, that would require a lot of coding and basically an entire modification of Minecraft, the server software, and to top it off, you would need to link everyone together through Keaton's Internet. The closest thing to that is Twitch streaming on 1.6/1.7/1.8, or spectator mode in MC1.8

It would not need any modification to the server at all. And who said it would need to be on keaton's servers? Just have someone join, look at something, and stay there while streaming. The only load it does to keaton's server is one player.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It would not need any modification to the server at all. And who said it would need to be on keaton's servers? Just have someone join, look at something, and stay there while streaming. The only load it does to keaton's server is one player.

Oh, so you just want to see what someone else is seeing... Well, I know there is a plugin to do that, but it would require you to be on Minecraft

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Oh, so you just want to see what someone else is seeing... Well, I know there is a plugin to do that, but it would require you to be on Minecraft

It could have GUI hidden (F1) but I think it better not so that people can also see the chat in the stream.

The only problem is... the server restarts. There needs to be some script that automatically reconnects the player after the restart. I wonder how that could be done... it would be a wrapper, not a mod.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013

I could potentially do something like this, or create a live map.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I could potentially do something like this, or create a live map.

I think it better if someone else do it on their network. If you do it on your own you will make the network slower and server laggier. It's already slow as it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.