Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
Ok but make sure to disable mobGreifing, or the creepers and endermen will ruin everything!

Endermen don't ruin things anymore. They originally picked up nearly every block, causing severe damage to forests and buildings, but now, they don't move much around besides dirt. Mojang fixed that pretty quickly.

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
Nope, mid south (Tennessee). Basically a technological black hole. Sucks.

That stinks. UC Berkeley is full of computer science majors, and therefore so is the city of Berkeley. I walked into the CS lounge on campus, and someone immediately gave me an account on their Debian Linux server :D (which of course got hacked when the bug in Bash was discovered).

There are probably some other advantages to Tennessee. For one, everything in the Bay costs a lot, so I mostly only buy stuff online or when I visit home in LA.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
That stinks. UC Berkeley is full of computer science majors, and therefore so is the city of Berkeley. I walked into the CS lounge on campus, and someone immediately gave me an account on their Debian Linux server :D (which of course got hacked when the bug in Bash was discovered).

There are probably some other advantages to Tennessee. For one, everything in the Bay costs a lot, so I mostly only buy stuff online or when I visit home in LA.

I visited UC Berkeley's campus in May and met the Dean. It's like my dream school, it was best seeing new students move in and begin their "journey", but it was sad since I wouldn't ever be able to go there. My end goal is to somehow make it to San Fran and live in SJ or something.

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA
Im kinda lost at this, can someone make a totorial how to join the server. I just dont get what to do

Open the Minecraft launcher. Create or edit a profile. Set the version to 1.5.1 release. Start the game. Press Multiplayer. Press Direct Connect. Type "play.keatonburleson.com" (no quotes) into the box, and press Connect or whatever it is.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
diamond

----------

Am I the only one who ever plays on the server now? I never see anyone on!

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I see this thread has become all about poiihy's adventures in Minecraftlandia... And I have not been on in awhile because I have be stupidly busy over the past few weeks with school, Christmas, and my birthday, so I haven't had much of a chance to play. I have also been focusing on my own server (which was supposed to open today, but it wasn't ready yet), so that has also taken up some of my time as well. I'll play soon to check in on some of the new things on the server.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I see this thread has become all about poiihy's adventures in Minecraftlandia... And I have not been on in awhile because I have be stupidly busy over the past few weeks with school, Christmas, and my birthday, so I haven't had much of a chance to play. I have also been focusing on my own server (which was supposed to open today, but it wasn't ready yet), so that has also taken up some of my time as well. I'll play soon to check in on some of the new things on the server.

I'm just trying to keep the thread alive. If there is no discussion then it will sink down and disappear.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I'm just trying to keep the thread alive. If there is no discussion then it will sink down and disappear.

Thanks man! Sorry i haven't been on. Christmas/New Year guests = cleaning galore.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Can someone walk me through how to build a server for my kids minecraft??I have a decent iMac to use. Thanks!

Is it PowerPC or Intel?

If it is Intel then you can just download the server and run it. Find the iMac's local IP and connect to it.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I found another weird floating island

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.07.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.07.51 PM.png
    951.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.07.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.07.58 PM.png
    874.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.06 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.16 PM.png
    916.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 5.08.40 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 203

liontamer67

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
East Coast
Is it PowerPC or Intel?

If it is Intel then you can just download the server and run it. Find the iMac's local IP and connect to it.

I want to do an online server to allow kids from their houses or from our house to use on the ipad or iphone or whatever.
I have intel 20" early 2008, 2.66 GHz processor, 6GB, 800 MHz DDR2 SD RAM

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I want to do an online server to allow kids from their houses or from our house to use on the ipad or iphone or whatever.
I have intel 20" early 2008, 2.66 GHz processor, 6GB, 800 MHz DDR2 SD RAM

Oh for Minecraft Pocket Edition?

I never made a pocket edition server so I don't know. You'd have to look it up.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Sun Jan 4, 2015 Server is down

----------

It works for me
This is direct link to file:
https://fs03n5.sendspace.com/dl/ab8...a9bc864ccbdac3/9fj4ow/Minecraft 1.5.2 Mac.zip

Ok i don't get it
The RAR requires a password to unlock. The password.txt says "download the password for the file here : http://fileice.net/download.php?file=3zksl". At that link you need to complete a survey. I don't get it!

Ah crap, I linked the wrong file. I'll fix it. I've had the flu for the past couple of days, to achey to use my phone/computer. The server should be back, I'll try to find a launcher. Unfortunately, PPC launcher won't work with Mojang's new login, so you need to find a 'cracked' launcher. This is kind of a grey area, but if you have actually bought an account you should be fine. I should be on this week as I recover, unfortunately, I also have school and a job to get back to.

kondre2000

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2015
my kids play a lot of minecraft. we had a server here at the house, on a mac mini dual core machine.

I am building up a G5 Quad. I want to get minecraft working on it. I have had little luck so far.

I just downloaded the minecraft 1.5.2 Mac.zip file and I will see what I can figure out from there. if I cant seem to get it working, is anyone willing to lend a hand?

Also, is it possible to have the G5 quad be a server? the mini would start lagging on the kids when 3+ got on it. I do have another mini, an intel i5 machine...maybe that would be the better choice.

Thanks

Kevin

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
my kids play a lot of minecraft. we had a server here at the house, on a mac mini dual core machine.

I am building up a G5 Quad. I want to get minecraft working on it. I have had little luck so far.

I just downloaded the minecraft 1.5.2 Mac.zip file and I will see what I can figure out from there. if I cant seem to get it working, is anyone willing to lend a hand?

Also, is it possible to have the G5 quad be a server? the mini would start lagging on the kids when 3+ got on it. I do have another mini, an intel i5 machine...maybe that would be the better choice.

Thanks

Kevin

What isn't working?

kondre2000

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2015
What isn't working?

I knew that I couldn't run the mac version of minecraft, I downloaded the one for Linux as suggested. I ran that and it just wouldn't run, I was given a short error message, but I cant remember what it was.
Then I found a site that had a different minecraft.jar file. I downloaded that and it did launch and got to the login screen. I used my son's user account and it told me minecraft wasn't installed.
I then made a backup of my daughters minecraft folder off her intelmac and placed it in the same location on my G5. I was then still told it wasn't installed.
Im assuming its because the version on my daughters intelmac is too new for the G5 to run. so I stopped there and have not looked into it since.

basically, I think I just need a zipped up package of what needs to live in the library location for minecraft and a 1.5 launcher.

But at the moment the G5 is all apart for fan cleaning...Id like to inspect my LCS but an pretty nervous of removing it from the motherboard, id hate to make a working machine a paperweight.
once the machine is cleaned up and put back together I will attempt the minecraft again.

Kevin

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I knew that I couldn't run the mac version of minecraft, I downloaded the one for Linux as suggested. I ran that and it just wouldn't run, I was given a short error message, but I cant remember what it was.
Then I found a site that had a different minecraft.jar file. I downloaded that and it did launch and got to the login screen. I used my son's user account and it told me minecraft wasn't installed.
I then made a backup of my daughters minecraft folder off her intelmac and placed it in the same location on my G5. I was then still told it wasn't installed.
Im assuming its because the version on my daughters intelmac is too new for the G5 to run. so I stopped there and have not looked into it since.

basically, I think I just need a zipped up package of what needs to live in the library location for minecraft and a 1.5 launcher.

But at the moment the G5 is all apart for fan cleaning...Id like to inspect my LCS but an pretty nervous of removing it from the motherboard, id hate to make a working machine a paperweight.
once the machine is cleaned up and put back together I will attempt the minecraft again.

Kevin
Yeah, you'll need a 1.5.1 cracked launcher for OS X some where.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014

Kevin

Currently my Quad is one... :( BTW, that would make a bad server because of the amount of electricity a Quad G5 (or any PMG5 for that matter) uses. I think the issues you are having mainly (or partly) have to do with your internet speeds---are they low?

----------

I visited UC Berkeley's campus in May and met the Dean. It's like my dream school, it was best seeing new students move in and begin their "journey", but it was sad since I wouldn't ever be able to go there. My end goal is to somehow make it to San Fran and live in SJ or something.

While the cost of living is higher where my brother is going to college, it sure beats L.A.

Craigslist can be a nightmare for me because there are 88 cities within L.A. County lines, and I think L.A. CL also includes San Bernardino, which is a region in itself. But obviously Craigslist isn't a priority or something :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.