Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
upsYWTU.jpg

Wilol post more details later. Need food. I don't really do wel on mobile posts.
[doublepost=1475354753][/doublepost]Everyone should visit Montreal but don't eat poutine in the mall food court. You've been warned.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Wilol post more details later. Need food. I don't really do wel on mobile posts.
[doublepost=1475354753][/doublepost]Everyone should visit Montreal but don't eat poutine in the mall food court. You've been warned.

:eek: I'll keep that in mind!

Take your time, I think we can all breathe now that we see you weren't charged for the repair. Although there's the little matter of your Apple Care status to wrap up!

And your earlier beer pic is making me feel like go getting some beer, and I don't even like beer, lol.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
:eek: I'll keep that in mind!

Take your time, I think we can all breathe now that we see you weren't charged for the repair. Although there's the little matter of your Apple Care status to wrap up!

And your earlier beer pic is making me feel like go getting some beer, and I don't even like beer, lol.

Yes we need to know if the AC+ was restated.

Reactions: caligurl

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Before I go to bed, I'll try to summarize everything. The Apple Employee that brought out my watch admitted she was a "mailman" and just runs out replaced goods that require nothing more than a signature. While she unboxed the packaging, I logged in to GetSupport.Apple.com so I could show her what you all have seen which is AppleCare support is active but repair coverage is expired.

She showed me my return receipt that I've attached below:

QvQdxHI.png

She seemed really perplexed when I told her I had brought it in due to water damage, "that's never a free replacement" she said looking astonished. When I showed her the page on my iPhone showing expired warranty, she called over a colleague who is a more manager / genius role.

He saw the page, looked confused, showed me on the iPad they use for warranty work that my AppleCare+ status was indeed fully active until May 20th 2017. I asked if they could print that for me since I planned on selling the watch on eBay but they said it was full of internal information and they weren't allowed to print it

Their advice was that I call Apple and get apple to mail / email me a proof of coverage. I think this is necessary for whoever buys this watch that they know it's indeed covered if they have issues. Part of why I buy AppleCare is for resale reasons (since I generally sell devices right after 12 months of ownership).

Both employees were a bit confused at the fact that the repair was covered for free and that I had showing lapse in warranty coverage. They said no internal notes indicated what happened and I really should just call.

I have a question for anyone here that works in AppleCare. on the page I received, it shows " Warranty Status: Protection Plan(A2)"

Is this some special version of AppleCare? A2?

I'm going to call Apple on Monday and make sure all is good.

-----

PS: I'll leave one more WEIRD thing for you guys to figure out.

Here's the support page for my old (now replaced Apple Watch) that shows when I enter the Serial Number:
r30aFz5.png

When i type the serial number of the new device into Apple.com's support query I get this:

8pQXrx0.png

So the refurb doesn't have telephone support but has a longer warranty than the original one. I also can't add AppleCare to it.

I think more than ever, I need to get on the phone with someone at Apple and try to get this resolved.
[doublepost=1475381063][/doublepost]I just sent this in to my contact at AppleCare Support who I spoke with on the phone and via email:

Hi Chris, I’dl ike to follow up if you’ll allow me. I visited the Montreal Apple Store today to pickup my replacement Apple Watch. I was not charged a $99 incident fee under AppleCare+. Nor was I charged a full replacement fee of $329. The entire cost was free. This was surprising. I feel unworthy to be getting a freebie but it is really appreciated.

Furthermore, I’ve attached a few things for you to review.

Here is the repair number & overview:

xxxxxxxxxx

————————————

I’m also attaching two serial numbers. The first is my now turned in Apple Watch which shows active AppleCare+ but inactive repair agreement. The new watch shows inactive AppleCare and phone support but active repairs through 10 / 2017. I’d like the replacement watch to have an active AppleCare+ coverage including telephone support.

Original Serial: xxxxxx
New Serial: xxxxx

Can you look into this for me?
[doublepost=1475381116][/doublepost]Everyone in this thread:

64098543.jpg

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
It looks like to me that it's fixed and your refurb has ac+ until October 2017. You aren't eligible to purchase Apple care + because it's an old Watch and because you already have it.

Indeed and if that's the reality, I'm fully accepting of it but I'd like the next person that buys this to also have phone support until May 2017 which is included in AppleCare+. If Apple can't add it, I'm fine but I'd like it if they did.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I believe any replacement product has its own warranty period, so if you got a replacement even on the last day of your original AC+ plan, the replacement would have (I thought) a 90 day warranty. But your replacement has a warranty that goes beyond 1 year?!?

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
@adamjackson - glad it was a happy ending. (even if the AC+ is a little botched...your remaining coverage was likely worth less than the $99 deductible) :)

Feel free to PM me the info about where you're buying the Dom so cheap - haven't been able to find anything in Quebec that suggests it's cheaper there - just the store info would be awesome, if you would. :)

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Final relevant update. I'm going to update the original post linking to this so everyone who doesn't want to read 16 pages can see that this is finally resolved.

Chris at Apple called me (On a Sunday!!!) and left a voicemail. Transcription via Google Voice:

Yeah, hi Adam. This is Chris calling from apple. I'm going to be working a very very short shift here probably for the next half hour or so today for some overtime, but I wanted to get in touch with you. I got your email. I'm very happy to see that the store did not charge youanything the store sometimes can make these exceptions and it appears that they may have done so but we need to make sure though that we get your now current apple watch on your person see if we can get that applecare plus transfer it so I'll be reaching out to administration agreement department to see if we can't do that. Otherwise. I'll follow up with an email and letting you know the process in which we need to do so thanks so much. Bye. Bye.

An hour later, Chris sent me this email:

Adam,
The transfer of your AppleCare+ agreement has been successfully transferred from: xxxxx to the Apple Watch on your person: xxxxxx
Wishing you well,
Chris

Here's the replacement Apple Watch's AC+ Page:

yufmZgK.png

I assumed that October expiration was just a fluke so I'm totally happy to see the May 20th date there and everything with green check-marks. The "limits apply" note is because I assume one of my AC+ incidents is now used to only one incident is remaining.

Thanks to the AppleCare & Apple Retail teams for helping me get through this.

kmarriner

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
The "limits apply" note is because I assume one of my AC+ incidents is now used to only one incident is remaining.

Thanks to the AppleCare & Apple Retail teams for helping me get through this.

For what its worth, The "limits apply" is just referring to the two incident limit in general, both my iPhone 7 and Series 1 watch show that line even though they have never been in for service.

I am happy to see this resolved in a good manner, I have been following it since you first posted it! When you do decide to put the watch on ebay, send me a link, I am thinking about getting a 1st gen for my girlfriend.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
For what its worth, The "limits apply" is just referring to the two incident limit in general, both my iPhone 7 and Series 1 watch show that line even though they have never been in for service.

I am happy to see this resolved in a good manner, I have been following it since you first posted it! When you do decide to put the watch on ebay, send me a link, I am thinking about getting a 1st gen for my girlfriend.

I think posting a link to the eBay listing might violate MacRumors forum rules against offering items for sale outside of Marketplace subforum.

Reactions: adamjackson

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Pretty lame rule to adhere to in this instance.

I've never had an issue selling Apple stuff on eBay. My link included a comment about. "Own some internet history" lol.

MR Forums have their rules. No point in arguing it. They deleted the post as is their right. I think the mods here deserve some gratitude for allowing me to keep updating you all on the saga.

Reactions: bmac4

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
I've never had an issue selling Apple stuff on eBay. My link included a comment about. "Own some internet history" lol.

MR Forums have their rules. No point in arguing it. They deleted the post as is their right. I think the mods here deserve some gratitude for allowing me to keep updating you all on the saga.

I guess...except internet ad revenue largely drives the site which your thread certainly brought in the web views.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.