Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Should I post an update from the apple Store or just wait until Monday to tell you guys what happened?

As others have said, do post as soon as you possibly can. If you could also include some pictures of any scenic views you might encounter on your way, I wouldn't mind. :D

Reactions: bunnicula

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I think we should get Joss Whedon.

giphy.gif

Aw7QPqS.jpg

rcopus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Gotta love how scared you guys are of saying something truthful about a company whilst living in the land of 'free speech', it's quite pathetic and saddening really.

We're all here because we like Apple products but I honestly feel like some people on here would fall on their own sword or sell their first born in the 'defense' of Apple, it's just bizzare!

Reactions: bmac4

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
You guys should really be planning on a sequel or tri
Gotta love how scared you guys are of saying something truthful about a company whilst living in the land of 'free speech', it's quite pathetic and saddening really.

We're all here because we like Apple products but I honestly feel like some people on here would fall on their own sword or sell their first born in the 'defense' of Apple, it's just bizzare!
i am smashing your post with a metal ball while speaking French

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Wearing an Apple watch in the shower might not be a good idea. If you read the Apple Watch User Guide for the original Apple Watch here, it states that many things like steam, high velocity of water and soap should be avoided. Below is an excerpt from page 84:

Important handling information
Exposure to liquid Apple Watch is water resistant but not waterproof. You may, for example, wear and use Apple Watch during exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), in the rain, and while washing your hands. If water splashes on to the watch, wipe it o with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Try to minimize exposing Apple Watch to these substances and follow the instructions below in the “Cleaning and care” section if Apple Watch comes into contact with them:
• Soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids other than fresh water, such as salt water, soapy water, pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, or solvents.
Submerging Apple Watch is not recommended. Apple Watch has a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529. The leather bands are not water resistant. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and Apple Watch cannot be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may a ect the water resistance of Apple Watch and should be avoided:
• Dropping Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts.
• Submerging Apple Watch in water for long periods of time.
• Swimming or bathing with Apple Watch.
• Exposing Apple Watch to pressurized water or high velocity water, for example, showering, water skiing, wake boarding, sur ng, jet skiing, and so on.
• Wearing Apple Watch in the sauna or steam room.
I do hope this ends in your favor.

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
I think it's obvious what happened here:

1. Apple tech expected to receive an iphone, but got something else to repair.

2. The device he received has obviously been modified, since it is far too small to be an iphone.

Someone should explain to the tech what a watch is.

You better retract your post or a certain poster won't get it and accuse you of false allegations against Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.