Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Are you going to talk with the store about getting it reinstated, or Apple support?

I'm going to pull up the page on my Apple ID and show them what it says and ask they verify coverage on their end. If it says valid on their end, I'll still push a bit because I plan on selling the watch on eBay w/ 9 months of AC+ remaining so Apple needs to print off some sort of proof of coverage for me that I can include in the box.

I assume the online coverage checker is linked to the real coverage on the back-end but this email from the original Apple Support Rep he says coverage is active: (this was a day after I went to the apple store and they accepted the watch) (on September 10th)

I am sorry that I was not able to accommodate your repair at the time. As mentioned, the repair depot diagnosed your product and had sent an email that stated:

Your product arrived at our repair center. Unfortunately, our technicians determined that your product is ineligible for service. It shows signs of misuse or unauthorized modifications.
Model: WATCH STAINLESS STEEL 42MM (1ST GEN)
Repair ID: xxxxxx

That said, what may have happened is that when your call was received by me, your AppleCare agreement may have been canceled due to the above email in regards to the device showing signs of misuse or unauthorized modications.

I am pleased to see though that the AppleCare is now showing active on my end, and the device seems to be enroute to our repair depot for replacement. It appears that the Apple Retail Store was able to set you up with a repair.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has brought you.

Should you need further assistance with setting up your AppleWatch, do not hesitate to contact me.

If the Apple Store can't help me, this rep is my main point of contact for my next escalation. I'll ask he store genius to add notes on the ordeal

1. customer sent in watch
2. depot said watch was modified / misused
3. Depot cancelled service agreement
4. Store visually inspected watch, no signs of misuse / modifications
5. store sends in watch
6. Depot repairs watch under warranty (w/ or w/o fee)
7. Apple Care Agreement still shows cancelled

and hopefully my contact can rectify #7 is store can't.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I'm going to pull up the page on my Apple ID and show them what it says and ask they verify coverage on their end. If it says valid on their end, I'll still push a bit because I plan on selling the watch on eBay w/ 9 months of AC+ remaining so Apple needs to print off some sort of proof of coverage for me that I can include in the box.

I assume the online coverage checker is linked to the real coverage on the back-end but this email from the original Apple Support Rep he says coverage is active: (this was a day after I went to the apple store and they accepted the watch) (on September 10th)

I am sorry that I was not able to accommodate your repair at the time. As mentioned, the repair depot diagnosed your product and had sent an email that stated:

Your product arrived at our repair center. Unfortunately, our technicians determined that your product is ineligible for service. It shows signs of misuse or unauthorized modifications.
Model: WATCH STAINLESS STEEL 42MM (1ST GEN)
Repair ID: xxxxxx

That said, what may have happened is that when your call was received by me, your AppleCare agreement may have been canceled due to the above email in regards to the device showing signs of misuse or unauthorized modications.

I am pleased to see though that the AppleCare is now showing active on my end, and the device seems to be enroute to our repair depot for replacement. It appears that the Apple Retail Store was able to set you up with a repair.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has brought you.

Should you need further assistance with setting up your AppleWatch, do not hesitate to contact me.​

Yeah man I would push for that for sure.

If you have the SB link you are trying to move, I would be happy to take that off your hands for my ceramic.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
If you have the SB link you are trying to move, I would be happy to take that off your hands for my ceramic.

I had a Gen 0 SS w/ SB Link
I have a S2 w/ SS w/ SB Sport Band

The plan is to sell the Gen 0 w/ the black sport band and SS Milanese loop as a package, keep the link and buy a black Milanese. I love the SB Link a lot, it has some wear on the bottom where I rest my wrist. I can't afford $500 for a new link bracelet.

Just ordered one of these and it arrives today. My first non-Apple Band but the real Apple Pride bands on eBay are going for $400 so knock-off for $25 it is!!!

pride-header-cws-860x450.jpg

I'm not gay or making a statement, I just like the old Apple logo and this is the first Apple rainbow product they had released in a while. I just couldn't afford the real one.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I had a Gen 0 SS w/ SB Link
I have a S2 w/ SS w/ SB Sport Band

The plan is to sell the Gen 0 w/ the black sport band and SS Milanese loop as a package, keep the link and buy a black Milanese. I love the SB Link a lot, it has some wear on the bottom where I rest my wrist. I can't afford $500 for a new link bracelet.

I understand. I kind of figured that would be what you would do. I just ordered one from Apple. I have the SS one for my 1st Gen SS, but that does not work on the ceramic. The black one looks so good with the ceramic I have to go for it.

Reactions: adamjackson

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
[MOD NOTE]
Any PRSI type discussions need to occur in our PRSI forum, please direct all such discussions there.

Could you clarify what parts of the discussion in this thread you are considering to be PRSI? I don't recall seeing anything that is PRSI. Thank you.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
[MOD NOTE]
Any PRSI type discussions need to occur in our PRSI forum, please direct all such discussions there.

Thanks for keeping things clean in here. and for letting this thread stay open. I appreciate it.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Bottom line is some posters are incredibly thin skinned. Laughably so. Full stop.

Haha I guess. I did not see what was quoted to me but I am sure if I had to guess it was not very nice. Oh well, we got a bit off topic.

Thanks for keeping things clean in here. and for letting this thread stay open. I appreciate it.

Sorry to start something on your thread. I really did not mean for that to happen. Honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Sorry to start something on your thread. I really did not mean for that to happen. Honestly.

I don't know what was said but anything to keep things on topic or at least less headache for mods. 48 hours untilI hit the Apple Store! Can't wait to see how this all goes down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
I've been reading this thread with anticipation every few days and I just want to offer you honorary Canadian citizenship. For the amount you have apologized in this thread (for things that don't warrant it or are not your fault - case in point that joke made me lol) you belong with us, eh!

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I've been reading this thread with anticipation every few days and I just want to offer you honorary Canadian citizenship. For the amount you have apologized in this thread (for things that don't warrant it or are not your fault - case in point that joke made me lol) you belong with us, eh!

I also spend 50% of my leisure time in Canada (Quebec specifically). I attend twice a year beer-tastings with my friends in Manseau, long weekends in Quebec city and go to car/ bike events in Montreal. Going to a beer event at Dieu Du Ciel this weekend.

Canadians and Belgians are my favourite people! Sorry this thread has gotten so long. My GF and I are planning a 5 day Nova Scotia trip next June. I've only been to Vancouver once and it was on a road trip from SF to Seattle and I took a bit more time to make it to Vancouver. I keep saying I want to do a road trip to Toronto but haven't made it yet. Usually I get to Buffalo and am too tired to keep going.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
I also spend 50% of my leisure time in Canada (Quebec specifically). I attend twice a year beer-tastings with my friends in Manseau, long weekends in Quebec city and go to car/ bike events in Montreal. Going to a beer event at Dieu Du Ciel this weekend.

Canadians and Belgians are my favourite people! Sorry this thread has gotten so long. My GF and I are planning a 5 day Nova Scotia trip next June. I've only been to Vancouver once and it was on a road trip from SF to Seattle and I took a bit more time to make it to Vancouver. I keep saying I want to do a road trip to Toronto but haven't made it yet. Usually I get to Buffalo and am too tired to keep going.

Buffalo has that affect on people. :)

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I don't know what was said but anything to keep things on topic or at least less headache for mods. 48 hours untilI hit the Apple Store! Can't wait to see how this all goes down.
[doublepost=1475173688][/doublepost]

I like posts that do a good job of summarizing things up and keeping things in check. If someone calls me out where I was wrong and / or takes 10 pages of posts down to 3 bullet points, they deserve a thumbs up.

We can disagree but if we're respectful to each other and raise everyone up (intelligent conversation w/o name calling), even people I disagree with deserve a thumbs up sometimes just out of respect.

Think of it this way, if someone takes the time to write a long letter to me or reply to a post of mine, they deserve my time in reading it even if I disagree with them.

Ha. This reminds me of the quote that goes - If I had more time I would've written a shorter letter.

It's been variously attributed to all sorts of people, but speaks to the effort required of brevity and concision.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I don't understand why Adam is keeping us waiting. I'm ready for him to go to Montreal and get the watch. This movie is long...

I gotta work in order to afford the gas to go to Montreal. USD to CAD is REALLY good right now. I you guys are within 5 hours of the border, you gotta go. GF & I usually grab as much champagne as we can legally bring back with us and buy 2-3 small tech items.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I gotta work in order to afford the gas to go to Montreal. USD to CAD is REALLY good right now. I you guys are within 5 hours of the border, you gotta go. GF & I usually grab as much champagne as we can legally bring back with us and buy 2-3 small tech items.
Champagne? Is it really good there or something? Or is this something that went over my head...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.