Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
Ich glaube nicht, dass damit ein Rollout in 'Nicht-AP-Länder' wahrscheinlicher wird. In Italien gibt es AP bereits über normale Banken und ich denke, dass der Rollout in den restlichen europäischen Markt nur die Länder betreffen wird, die eh schon AP haben.

Im Übrigen ist die Allianz auf der italienischen Apple Pay Seite offiziell verzeichnet...

i3RhjhxQ4glsokpMbBLNH1_tTBN7DYO8Hlx3hoLrxkg

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Nope ;) It's also available on iOS. Allianz Prime will have to work with Apple Pay in this case (which is interesting, as Allianz is a large German insurance / finance firm).

It basically is nothing more than an extended model of boon, with added insurance, analysis and voucher system included.

https://www.it-finanzmagazin.de/all...einsamer-payment-app-mit-treueprogramm-66579/
See the link above for a screenshot of the iOS app version.
You also have a Postbank-App or Deutsche Bank App for iOS, but mobile payment is only available on Android ;) So a app screenshot is barely a hint. Neither Apple Pay support in Germany in general nor Apple Pay support of Allianz Prime in special.

@Alanin
Allianz has a banking division in Italy, which was closed in Germany back in 2013.

cieoqn

Suspended
Feb 2, 2018
https://web.archive.org/web/20180225183943/https://www.apple.com/it/apple-pay/

The addition of Allianz happened either yesterday or today.
However, @docfred is right. This isn't any hint regarding Apple Pay in Germany. If it proves itself in Italy successful, Allianz might consider to expand it to Germany (when AP in Germany is available). Allianz is in terms of Banking not a big enough player to have any effect on a release of Apple Pay in Germany.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Alright guys, it's ok to be sceptical and keep complaining about everything, but it's tiring. Generally I sense a certain degree of negativity here, but lets take news and new developments with a pinch of salt, but also some optimism. I think it can be objectively regarded as important step when such a "big player" as Allianz (a major worldwide German insurance company) launches a mobile payment solution.

Take a look at these screenshots: https://twitter.com/VisaInEurope/status/968464479586541568
-> As I said before (and docfred basically told me I was incorrect), it confirms the Apple Pay solution. How else should it work? The Italian Apple Pay site also confirms it (thanks @Alanin). Another interesting thing is that in the screenshots you can see "blau" as the network provider, a well known and big German MVNO. Also: Why should Allianz not be interested in launching in Germany?

I am still sticking to my opinion: If Apple misses 2018 for Apple Pay in Germany, then they'll never go for it. That's why I'm trusting the many hints, developments and articles talking about a Q1/Q2 launch in Germany. Only time will tell. There is a LOT happening around contactless and mobile payment all around Europe, even in Germany.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I never said, you were incorrect. I said, it’s dangerous to conclude just because of the app and screenshots.

Funny, Apple Pay is nowhere mentioned in the linked press release.

And as I (very) often said, I believe that Apple Pay will launch in H1/2018. If they get the major players. They will not start with some niche service providers.

Reactions: PR1985

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
US data security laws are ... "different" ;)
Well, banks are actually subject to relatively strict privacy regulations here too (and some states such as California have additional protections).

But don't fool yourself: privacy is being eroded everywhere, not just in the US. At the end of the day money always wins.
And again: I never said anything about Apple Pay has data security flaws. (as long as it works how Apple describes it) Neither did the spokesman.
Apple certainly has a better privacy stance than the likes of Google. But even they will be forced to go with the trend to some extent in order to stay competitive.

Reactions: docfred

cieoqn

Suspended
Feb 2, 2018
Alright guys, it's ok to be sceptical and keep complaining about everything, but it's tiring. Generally I sense a certain degree of negativity here, but lets take news and new developments with a pinch of salt, but also some optimism. I think it can be objectively regarded as important step when such a "big player" as Allianz (a major worldwide German insurance company) launches a mobile payment solution.

Take a look at these screenshots: https://twitter.com/VisaInEurope/status/968464479586541568
-> As I said before (and docfred basically told me I was incorrect), it confirms the Apple Pay solution. How else should it work? The Italian Apple Pay site also confirms it (thanks @Alanin). Another interesting thing is that in the screenshots you can see "blau" as the network provider, a well known and big German MVNO. Also: Why should Allianz not be interested in launching in Germany?

I am still sticking to my opinion: If Apple misses 2018 for Apple Pay in Germany, then they'll never go for it. That's why I'm trusting the many hints, developments and articles talking about a Q1/Q2 launch in Germany. Only time will tell. There is a LOT happening around contactless and mobile payment all around Europe, even in Germany.

There is no negativity from my side. I am just saying Apple won't prepone the release of AP due to Allianz.

This being said, I find this new offer very interesting. The picture and the website of Apple Pay Italy kinda confirms you will be able to use it with iOS. Also worth mentioning: The picture shows the card to be credit (neither debit nor prepaid), which makes the offer way more appealing.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Ok, thanks. Wanted to test it on one of my Android devices, but the App is still not available in this region :(:)

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Hmmm... IF this is true, several scenarios are plausible:
a) german banks want a market launch with as much as possible alternatives to get a wide spreaded market coverage
so perhaps, this is a good sign for Apple Pay as well?
b) Google has the advantage, that they don't block their OS for competitors and 3rd party apps.
so the negotiations could have been this way: "ok, you let us do our own business, so we play at your concert too"
c) Google made some concessions just to get a foot in the doorway

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
About the Google Pay rollout... I wouldnt trust it. IF you had a google wallet account before which I happend to have since I used Google Music long time ago when it was in its early days you had to put in your credit card information. I get the same google pay screen on my android but as soon as you try to verify it tells you that your bank is as of right now not working with google pay. IMO it is just a fake. Some dude again trying to make himself important.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
About the Google Pay rollout... I wouldnt trust it. IF you had a google wallet account before which I happend to have since I used Google Music long time ago when it was in its early days you had to put in your credit card information. I get the same google pay screen on my android but as soon as you try to verify it tells you that your bank is as of right now not working with google pay. IMO it is just a fake. Some dude again trying to make himself important.
I don’t think it’s a fake. What probably happened is that comdirect is right now testing Google Pay internally and in order to test cards with it, they have to enable it for a specific range of card numbers (PANs) and that guys cc number happened to be in that range accidentally.

Another point is that since the Volksbanken and Sparkassen are bringing out their own mobile payment wallets this year, comdirect felt obligated to prepare a solution for their customers as well since they market themselves as a „modern and innovative“ bank and their slogan is „Bank? Neu denken.“
The vast majority of their customers are also technically affinate, so they would expect their bank to follow the trends.

Also, for comdirect it is much more practical to just add support for Google Pay than to develop an own app (and they not so reliable when it comes to maintaining their banking apps).

Also, I think that they are going to wait until they can enable both Google Pay and Apple Pay simultaneously since there would probably be a huge backlash from their iOS customer base given that again, a lot of them are iOS users.

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
Well comdirect did answer on that tweet and they said themselves that google pay is not working with comdirect. Like I said everyone can get that screen to add a card and verify it but it will keep saying that this card is not supported yet. The user himself stated that he did not manage to pay with google pay because it refuses to.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
May just be a coincidence, but yesterday I saw a post about Apple Pay in Brazil and the customer support of the bank starting Apple Pay confirmed March 20th as the launc date

Reactions: PR1985

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Here’s the tweet I mentioned.

Attachments

• 3314AB8A-5ED2-4024-BABA-FF2231389F9B.png
    3314AB8A-5ED2-4024-BABA-FF2231389F9B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 298
  • 06F4DD22-AD1E-415D-98EF-38BD34AF525F.png
    06F4DD22-AD1E-415D-98EF-38BD34AF525F.png
    618 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: -Maxim- and docfred

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Nice. Did someone read something about the czech bank, which leaked potential Apple Pay start in the next few weeks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.