Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

Stonefly

Contributor
Dec 26, 2009
Nova Scotia
Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 5.00.14 PM.png

Mine will be awhile, ordered the rainforest braided solo loop also.

ikm19

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Texas
This gonna take a while, ordered ultra for me and SS for wife.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 3.32.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 3.32.12 PM.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 3.30.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 3.30.37 PM.png
    546 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: julit0

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Has anyone received any tracking number for there Apple Series 8 that are getting them on the 16 of september? that are in the USA- since I just want to see where its coming since looks like my iPhone 14 Pro Max has shipped but no my Watch yet

Reactions: noyerx

zephiK

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2021
Has anyone received any tracking number for there Apple Series 8 that are getting them on the 16 of september? that are in the USA- since I just want to see where its coming since looks like my iPhone 14 Pro Max has shipped but no my Watch yet
I’m in the same boat as you. I did preorder a bit later (Thursday) but delivery date is still the 16th. My watch is set on preparing to ship on Apple.

Hopefully it’ll arrive on time but happy that I got tracking for the phone as that is more important.

Reactions: noyerx

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I’m in the same boat as you. I did preorder a bit later (Thursday) but delivery date is still the 16th. My watch is set on preparing to ship on Apple.

Hopefully it’ll arrive on time but happy that I got tracking for the phone as that is more important.
To me I think Apple already has the watches in the states warehouses.

Since that was not really a pre-order event after the event on Wednesday - so my guess is the watches are already in the states apple warehouses - I think that is why we have not seen any tracking info pop up yet for the watch, when every I order stuff my comes from the PA Apple Warehouse - I could of got my 14 Pro Max delivered yesterday I change the delivery day for the case to Friday , since I had the tracking number for that on Friday, and it was coming from PA, and today just got the tracking for the phone, but not the watch

You would think I would already have tracking for watch since I ordered that on Wednesday- but no- instead I got the tracking info for the stuff that I pre-order on Friday.

If I'm right about the watches then we might not see the tracking info for them intil later in the week- normally when I order a item that is in stock like if I order on a Tuesday then its normally here the next day since the Apple Warehouse by me is in PA

Reactions: julit0 and zephiK

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Same as bige12 and zephiK, no UPS tracking even when looking up a reference with my order number -2 end digits. But, UPS did just scan in a bajillion iPhones, so I’m confident that the Sept 16 delivery date is true for watches as quoted.

Reactions: julit0

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Same as bige12 and zephiK, no UPS tracking even when looking up a reference with my order number -2 end digits. But, UPS did just scan in a bajillion iPhones, so I’m confident that the Sept 16 delivery date is true for watches as quoted.

If Apple has promised you a product on release date, chances are you will have it on that date. Rarely to they get it wrong.

Reactions: chrisdazzo

Viva

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
Just canceled my series 8 watch and decided to order the Apple Watch Ultra! :)
I did exactly the same, having a SS S1 and currently SS S4, so time for an upgrade as my battery is so poor these days. I waited a few days and then put an order in for SS S8, but the slight difference in price vs features on the Ultra was the biggest problem, not withstanding it’s bigger size. I only have a 6” wrists so I know it’s perhaps too large for general use, but I cancelled and ordered the Ultra. I’ve had chinky non apple sports watches years ago, never really a problem. Will decide for myself.

Reactions: Howard2k

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I did exactly the same, having a SS S1 and currently SS S4, so time for an upgrade as my battery is so poor these days. I waited a few days and then put an order in for SS S8, but the slight difference in price vs features on the Ultra was the biggest problem, not withstanding it’s bigger size. I only have a 6” wrists so I know it’s perhaps too large for general use, but I cancelled and ordered the Ultra. I’ve had chinky non apple sports watches years ago, never really a problem. Will decide for myself.

Good call. The Ultra is great value compared to the S8 SS.

Reactions: limesmoothie

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Ordered ultra alpine orange LG day on 05:05 PST, showed 9/23–XYZ, now shows 9/29/-10/6, wonder why there was a change after the fact.. no worries but still odd.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Ordered ultra alpine orange LG day on 05:05 PST, showed 9/23–XYZ, now shows 9/29/-10/6, wonder why there was a change after the fact.. no worries but still odd.
That’s strange. Didn’t a guy post on a new thread tonight that there were some issues at Apple and the orders were being lost or cancelled

blulegend

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
Just ordered and Ultra via Amazon UK, and Website states ‘released 23rd’

Hopefully they don‘t mess this one up, and delay shipping :(
Have one on order from Amazon USA and says the same thing, "Releases 23rd." Pretty sure that means ships 9/23 and then 2 days more after that for delivery. If it delivers on 9/23, that would be unexpected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.