Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I’ve had two csr tell me they aren’t carrying 41mm??
On Twitter they told me they just aren’t carrying for preorder but it will be available after Sept 16. It was a mistake in their end apparently. They have the 40mm SE 2nd gen so why wouldn’t they have the 41mm Series 8…

Reactions: Zippy3505

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
preordered first thing this morning on verizon and all models showed as backordered and shipping by October 31... I hope it doesn't actually take that long and that it's just a placeholder date. ordered 45mm stainless series 8.

VanXava

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Germany
Order.png

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Still can't order an Ultra with T-Mobile. I'm just salty. Their backend team is so horrible lol.

RoarinRow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Just placed order for Ultra with M/L Black/Grey trail loop. Current ship date is Oct 31 - Nov 7 according to my order confirmation email.

Last edited:

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Just placed order for Ultra. Current ship date is Oct 31 - Nov 7 according to my order confirmation email.
Yeah, If T-Mobile system ever gets it fixed. I'll be shocked if I even get it before November lol.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I wanted a watch on release day (September 23rd) so I ordered the only band that allowed it...

watch.png

Placed the order.

Then I had second thoughts. I really wanted the trail band in black. It had a date of October 24-30.

But you know what? That band is a $100 value and I think it was far more important to get the band I wanted rather than rush the delivery date for a band I was not crazy about.

So, I placed a second order for the trail band with the later delivery.

Going to cancel the September 23rd order once it goes into processing.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I wanted a watch on release day (September 23rd) so I ordered the only band that allowed it...

View attachment 2055746

Placed the order.

Then I had second thoughts. I really wanted the trail band in black. It had a date of October 24-30.

But you know what? That band is a $100 value and I think it was far more important to get the band I wanted rather than rush the delivery date for a band I was not crazy about.

Couldn't Apple swap the bands for you? I seen it done before just asking.

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago

View attachment 2055746

Placed the order.

I did what you did, but without second thoughts. I am very impatient. I wanted to make sure I got it at launch day, so I ordered it with the white ocean band, then ordered the midnight ocean band, along with the orange alpine band separately. All will be here on the 23rd. :) I'm also contemplating ordering the yellow ocean band as well. It might be time for therapy!

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Did anyone get the option to pick up a watch in store on release day?

I think for all of the Ultra options it’s shipping only for the time being, in the US at least. Haven’t heard/seen anyone say they could pick-up in store. Fingers crossed an option becomes available to change to in store pickup. If not, it’s going to be a long day watching and waiting for delivery lol 😩

Worst case, maybe they’ll have some units on the 23rd in store to buy, but that’s a risk/hassle if you’ve already placed an order. It’d be just someone’s lucky day to go to the Apple store to buy only to be told “we don’t have any Ultras on hand” AND miss your delivery attempt.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I did what you did, but without second thoughts. I am very impatient. I wanted to make sure I got it at launch day, so I ordered it with the white ocean band, then ordered the midnight ocean band, along with the orange alpine band separately. All will be here on the 23rd. :) I'm also contemplating ordering the yellow ocean band as well. It might be time for therapy!
Ordered my AWU with the Midnight Ocean band, but I love that Orange Alpine, too - so I got the Alpine separately. That band though, doesn't deliver until 10/07. I think it'll move earlier as things develop.

I think you're good on getting more bands up front. I already have a collection of bands from all my previous Series AWs. Seemed logical to me that the AWU would also need an assortment. In for a penny, in for a pound!

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone got a deliver of 16 for series 8 41mm? I haven’t seen any. But apple said series 8 all come out on 16th

FlyingScot

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
South Florida
FYI for those wanting the Ultra on 9/23 - I had an apple store order for Alpine Loop Orange Ultra Sept. 30 - Oct. 7th. Got a notice from Best Buy they would ship and get to me by 9/23 - so ordered through them with a 9/23 date and cancelled Apple Store order.

Fingers crossed Best Buy gets it out on time

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
By the way...

In case you didn't know this...

Those with October shipping dates...

Apple always inflates shipping dates. Chances are, you will get your watch week(s) ahead of schedule.
I see and hear this a lot. My experience has been that they have been pretty accurate. I usually have gotten my items closer to the middle or end of their estimate.

Reactions: Crazyj414

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
By the way...

In case you didn't know this...

Those with October shipping dates...

Apple always inflates shipping dates. Chances are, you will get your watch week(s) ahead of schedule.

That would be nice. Mine is 10/31. I ordered today though.

• Wow
Reactions: julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.