Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
If anyone didn't get the band they wanted in the Watch Ultra, AliExpress now have both the Alpine Band and the Trail Loop for a low price 🙂

Reactions: ukms

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
If anyone didn't get the band they wanted in the Watch Ultra, AliExpress now have both the Alpine Band and the Trail Loop for a low price 🙂

Could you provide a link to the vendor?

My only fear about buying from any vendor on AliExpress is that the last set of Apple bands I bought through them broke within a short time.

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
Could you provide a link to the vendor?

My only fear about buying from any vendor on AliExpress is that the last set of Apple bands I bought through them broke within a short time.
I have a couple of silicone bands for my AW7, and they are all of great quality. I know that it can vary greatly between the different suppliers though, but it's hard to tell this early.

Reactions: NJRonbo

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I have a couple of silicone bands for my AW7, and they are all of great quality. I know that it can vary greatly between the different suppliers though, but it's hard to tell this early.

Yeah, as long as people realize that strap will not be the quality of the Apple version. Yet, for the most part, I suspect that it will hold up reasonably well.

From experience, the genuine Apple straps hold up tremendously well against the clones.

Panther61

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
MD
These AliExpress venders have no shame. Just steal the photos from Apple and knock off their bands. Who knows what you will get for <$10? Not saying don't order but at least take and post your own photos of your product.

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
These AliExpress venders have no shame. Just steal the photos from Apple and knock off their bands. Who knows what you will get for <$10? Not saying don't order but at least take and post your own photos of your product.
I agree. I work with writing reviews and have to take my own pictures of almost everything. I wouldn't even dear to use a photo the way they do.

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
Yeah, as long as people realize that strap will not be the quality of the Apple version. Yet, for the most part, I suspect that it will hold up reasonably well.

From experience, the genuine Apple straps hold up tremendously well against the clones.
Yup.
It's the same with third party straps for Garmin. The original ones rocks.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007

That's what worries me.

They ripped off the Apple product photos and there is no actual representation of what they are selling.

I bought an Apple band from an AliExpress vendor months ago. It was a loop band. It ripped within a month. I was outside the return period but I made a point of sending angry feedback to the seller. The seller blamed me for misusing the band saying that I shouldn't have worn it around shop objects. That's the kind of service you should expect when you want to save money.

eternalpeasant

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2015
Reading Berkshire
Hey everyone, I'm so excited for my Apple Watch Ultra to come through on the 23d! I am one of those Apple fans that upgrades the watch and phone every year. I've got both the Purple 14 Pro Max (Pickup on 16th!) and Ultra that's delivering on the 23rd so both day 1 launches. Every year the pre-order and then the agonising wait for our beautiful devices to arrive just all come into a good Apple fans spirits.

Now I just wanted to start our focus on reviews, from previous years it seems like we should start seeing iPhone review embargo to be lifted around 13th Tuesday/14th Wednesday. I am also suspecting we should see ultra review embargo to be lifted on either those days or the following week on 20th Tuesday/21st Wednesday.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Hey everyone, I'm so excited for my Apple Watch Ultra to come through on the 23d! I am one of those Apple fans that upgrades the watch and phone every year. I've got both the Purple 14 Pro Max (Pickup on 16th!) and Ultra that's delivering on the 23rd so both day 1 launches. Every year the pre-order and then the agonising wait for our beautiful devices to arrive just all come into a good Apple fans spirits.

Now I just wanted to start our focus on reviews, from previous years it seems like we should start seeing iPhone review embargo to be lifted around 13th Tuesday/14th Wednesday. I am also suspecting we should see ultra review embargo to be lifted on either those days or the following week on 20th Tuesday/21st Wednesday.

Yes, Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Skip iJustine. She loves everything. She's really only good for unboxing. Rely on other vloggers to offer a more comprehensive and honest review.

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
So I was late to the pre-order game and just pre-ordered an ultra 15 minutes ago. I'm coming from a Series 6 44mm Graphite that I will keep as the dress up watch. I noticed that the Ultra with Yellow ocean band still shows to be available for Sept, 23rd delivery so I went with that and I'll use a different band with it. I'm excited!

So if you still want a launch day AW Ultra... Yellow Ocean band is the way to go..

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
So I was late to the pre-order game and just pre-ordered an ultra 15 minutes ago. I'm coming from a Series 6 44mm Graphite that I will keep as the dress up watch. I noticed that the Ultra with Yellow ocean band still shows to be available for Sept, 23rd delivery so I went with that and I'll use a different band with it. I'm excited!

So if you still want a launch day AW Ultra... Yellow Ocean band is the way to go..

Originally went that route as I wanted the Ultra on September 23rd.

But then put some thought to it...

The band is $100 if bought separately. The yellow ocean band is "okay" but there's a reason why it hasn't really sold and is still available launch day.

I would rather get the band I really want (trail brand) instead of spending another $100 for it. For that reason, my order is coming about 3-4 weeks later.

Nothing against what you did. It's tempting. But for the $100 they are charging for a premium band I would rather it be something that I really enjoy.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I’m curious as to why my order says preparing to ship so early. I mean it’ll either ship in a couple of days or will stay as preparing to ship right up until launch day. I’ve already been charged so the money has gone.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
S8 Midnight cellular ordered. I wanted the Ultra for the battery life but I just was not a fan of how big it was and the overall look of it so I stuck with the regular Apple Watch. Giving my wife my series 7!

eternalpeasant

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2015
Reading Berkshire
How did everyone go ahead with the strap size? Was used to the Braided Solo Loop numbering and SM/ML for the normal straps. I usually use SM with my current series 7 but went with Medium with the Ultra. I only plug into the third hole with my current strap so with that guess work i think medium should be fine.

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Originally went that route as I wanted the Ultra on September 23rd.

But then put some thought to it...

The band is $100 if bought separately. The yellow ocean band is "okay" but there's a reason why it hasn't really sold and is still available launch day.

I would rather get the band I really want (trail brand) instead of spending another $100 for it. For that reason, my order is coming about 3-4 weeks later.

Nothing against what you did. It's tempting. But for the $100 they are charging for a premium band I would rather it be something that I really enjoy.
If its like the old watch boxes where the band comes separate, I feel I can sell it and id be willing to let the yellow band go cheap under the 99$ just to get some $ back. I did order 2 extra bands with Starlight Alpine arriving 9/23 and the Black/Grey Trail loop which claims 8-10 weeks out. If i find that at the apple store I'll buy it then and cancel the other order.

buruuburu

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2021
I’m curious as to why my order says preparing to ship so early. I mean it’ll either ship in a couple of days or will stay as preparing to ship right up until launch day. I’ve already been charged so the money has gone.
My order also as “preparing to ship” since yesterday

Turtle353

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Ordered Ultra with delivery Oct 11th week. I’m good as I was unsure at first. Orange alpine loop. It really ties the room together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.