Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Screenshot 2022-09-08 135436.png

Ordered the day of the event. Had the pending charge at first, and it went away. My guess like in previous years is I will get charged when it's ready to ship.

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
I was all set to get the Ultra, but I'm pretty convinced that it would not fit on my wrist. And, it's pretty heavy compared to the 8s. Decided to get the stainless. September 16th delivery, so I'm happy with that! View attachment 2052518

So, after hemming and hawing and watching reviews, I just cancelled this order, and ordered an AW ultra with the Starlight Alpine Loop for delivery 9/23. I figure if I don't like it, I can return and go back to this one. I just wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't try it! 😅

So, after hemming and hawing and watching reviews, I just cancelled this order, and ordered an AW ultra with the Starlight Alpine Loop for delivery 9/23. I figure if I don't like it, I can return and go back to this one. I just wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't try it! 😅
Woo hoo! congratulations. Apple Watch Ultra is something else man. It's a big watch.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
The reason why I'm not getting the Apple Watch Ultra just kind of too big since I kind of have small wrists and I kind of don't like the bands for it.

So that is why I'm just getting the Apple Series 8 45mm the stainless case

Reactions: bevsb2 and julit0

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Ordered 45mm SBSS Hermes Gris Meyer and the 45mm Bleu De France Hermes band. I am a sucker for those Hermes Bands. Have my eye on the Cuive one also. Selling my SBSS 45mm Hermes Series 7 to another forum member who bought my Hermes 44mm Series 6 last year. Repeat customer!!!

Reactions: julit0

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Ordered 45mm SBSS Hermes Gris Meyer and the 45mm Bleu De France Hermes band. I am a sucker for those Hermes Bands. Have my eye on the Cuive one also. Selling my SBSS 45mm Hermes Series 7 to another forum member who bought my Hermes 44mm Series 6 last year. Repeat customer!!!
Nice - You must take great care of them. Congrats!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
So exciting. But remember that (I think) the last Apple Watch they released had shortened shipping times when they were actually shipped. It happens sometimes. Still, so exciting...

An aside: Was there anything that much better in the 8 to make people really want it aside from it being the 'New Hotness'? the smoke from the announcement hasn't cleared enough to figure out what, if anything could make it so popular. Oh, it's also possible that initial quantities are 'artificially lower' due to the lock downs in China. Watching shipping levels is going to be interesting, potentially.

There are websites that track container traffic, someone should check on boxes coming for Apple maybe? Obviously BTO wouldn't be included in that, but Apple could be stocking local distribution centers about now? I was waiting for a big item from Vietnam and was able to watch its progress as it frustratingly slowly made its way on that Slow Boat From China... (Its container sat in port for nearly a week before it was moved along for delivery:rolleyes:)
I'm coming from a 4 so there are several upgrades. I don't think there was too much new other than crash detect going from 7 to 8 though?

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
Was going to order the Ultra today but it would arrive by Sep 23rd and I'll be out of the country until the 24th so decided to go to the Apple Store as soon my flight arrive on Sep 24th. Hopefully the band I want would be in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.