Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Was anyone else able to buy their watch and Apple Care using the Apple Card monthly installments? I had to completely remove the Apple Care to be able to use the monthly installments. I guess I’ll have to add it later.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Got the Order Confirmation email at 2:35p EST

Series 8 GPS + Cellular, 45mm Graphite Stainless Steel Case with Midnight Braided Solo Loop - Size 8
Delivers: Fri, Sep 16 by Express Delivery

Series 8 GPS + Cellular, 41mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Succulent Sport Band - S/M
Delivers: Sep 29 - Oct 6 by Express Delivery

SS Graphite is already preparing to ship, no movement on the SS Gold. Fingers crossed its date moves up or my wife wont be too happy.

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Decided to do store pickup this time. UPS delivers so late in my neighborhood.

Attachments

• EC3F371B-4043-4E78-8E24-AE4B59A30921.jpeg
    EC3F371B-4043-4E78-8E24-AE4B59A30921.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: tayshon and julit0

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Was anyone else able to buy their watch and Apple Care using the Apple Card monthly installments? I had to completely remove the Apple Care to be able to use the monthly installments. I guess I’ll have to add it later.
I had to remove it too. But I figured its not big of a deal. You can purchase it separately online 60 days after purchase.

Reactions: Runs For Fun

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Just grabbed the Midnight Ocean Ultra at Best Buy. I cancelled my Apple Store order since my Total Tech membership gives me free AppleCare+ and this was the color I actually wanted. Release date delivery too so that’s a plus.

Attachments

• 3811DC48-4289-434C-A464-70A6124BB65E.jpeg
    3811DC48-4289-434C-A464-70A6124BB65E.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Brad7 and Stlcheer

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
Watch Ultra + Alpine loop orange here in Czech Republic. Delivery September 26.

It's shame that trail loop will be available at end of October or November. It will suits me better for running, but I Alpine loop has better color :).

Reactions: Brad7

MadCar

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
The internet
SS Graphite with Milanese strap for me - Sept 16 delivery in the UK.

The Ultra just isn't doing it for me, the face is MUCH larger but the display is only a fraction bigger than the 45. The extra battery life would be nice, but its a bit fallen of the fugly tree un-Apple like for my liking.

hyperreal

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2021
Finland
Despite this being somewhat of an "S" year for the standard watch, I ordered a Series 8. I have never owned a smartwatch but there are certain things going on with my health and such a piece of tech can provide actually meaningful data in my situation.

But good god the charger thing was confusing. The Apple Store app very clearly mentioned that there's no charger included. Ok, no problem, I went looking for one. And it was so confusing.

First I added an Apple Watch USB-C fast charge cable that looks very much like a Magsafe charger cable, but I understood they are not the same and a Magsafe charger won't work with an Apple Watch? Unless it's the Magsafe Duo.
Well, whatever, I'm not into charging my phone wirelessly. So I then reckoned I need a charger brick that
1. has USB-C (I use an old USB-A charger with my iPhone)
2. supports fast charging (according to quick googling it's 20W minimum)
I then browse around until I find the 20W USB-C power adapter. But wait, Series 8 is not on the list of supported devices for this charger. I have no idea if this is a bug / sloppiness / forgetfulness but decide not to risk it and end up buying the 35W charger with dual ports.

And then after paying over 100 euros for charging equipment I notice that the watch comes with the cable.

Jesus Apple, just make a one-tap bundle for people who don't have any old AW chargers laying around. It shouldn't be this hard.

Got the Series 8 41mm in Midnight Aluminum w/ Midnight sport loop band btw.

Last edited:

carloshacecosas

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2021
None of the GPS+Cellular models in 41mm aren't available for pick-up in Madrid, Spain — and the shipping times all go to October.

I'm debating between going with a GPS only model again this year, or waiting a little bit more to see if they actually become available for pick-up on release day. With the Airpods Max they didn't show as available for pick-up until two or three days before release.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
The Ultra at $799 (which is priced similar to the Edition models the past couple of years), and price 'freezes' for iPhone and AirPod Pro is a genius move by Apple. Sure it might lower their margins (slightly) but all we've heard for the past year is inflation. Costs going up. People are excited to spend the same amount they did last year!

Now let's chat about "rugged-ness" of Ultra. Will be interesting to see just how rugged it is compared to the outgoing Ti Edition model. I wonder if the metal itself has changed?

Reactions: Brad7

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i always get the silver because if the casing gets scratched, it's silver underneath anyway (for the aluminum versions). plus IMO silver goes with all bands.
my black series 4 has no silver showing through on the case???? the face has some scratches.... on pretty serious long scratch... (my SS 4 has a ton of abrasion on the case but the face of that is perfect!)

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
It was nice to see an extension being offered for the Yellow Ocean Band. I have large wrists (former drummer) which means that the only thing that will currently fit me is the last hole in a sport band.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i ordered one.... got midnight aluminum with the elderberry sport band. I kept going back and forth between the silver SS and "black" aluminum. I currently have both of those versions in series 4 and the face of the SS is perfect while the aluminum is pretty scratched (AND it's actually a replacement that's only 1/2 the age of the 4!).

ultimately i went with the aluminum because i figured since it's about 1/2 the price of the SS.... i can justify replacing it in 2 years vs holding on to it longer..... also not going with 2 like i did with the series 4! lol!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.