Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I had no intention of getting the Ultra until yesterday... Ordered one for in store pickup this morning in Alpine Orange🤦‍♂️ Plenty of Ocean and Alpine available today, no trail loops. Alpine Orange seems to be the first one running out for pickup today.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I’ve never sold my previous version of Apple Watches. I don’t think they are worth selling it for more than half the price over. I tend to just keep it and they pretty much just collect dust 😣
Will be interesting to see the value that the Ultra retains compared to the Edition models.

Using one of the various by back sites a Ti Edition model gets about $40 ($205) more than an aluminum S7. So the Ti/SS ones didn't hold any of their value above a Al model.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
What the H.

My Package just changed from Out For Delivery to Preparing for Delivery and there is a message that says:

"Your package has arrived at a local UPS location and is still being processed for delivery.

If you prefer to pick up your package at an eligible facility, select Delivery Options to make arrangements."

Should I be worried? It still says it's going to be delivered today.

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2016
As many have said, seems to be pretty good stock at Apple Stores today, so hopefully some of you still waiting can snag one in person. Mine's waiting for me at my local UPS CC and I'll be screaming over there after a meeting. I was able to snag a Starlight Alpine loop for pick up too, so good times!

It was a fun and wild ride everyone!

Reactions: julit0

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
Let’s go!!!
FA5991AE-1676-4945-B646-75CBFFB96125.jpeg

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
I just logged on to ask the same question. That was my exact guess - and for privacy, I would assume it wouldn't show all its😆 stops. That's how UPS trucks get jacked on high-volume days!

Reactions: upnorth85

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
What the H.

My Package just changed from Out For Delivery to Preparing for Delivery and there is a message that says:

"Your package has arrived at a local UPS location and is still being processed for delivery.

If you prefer to pick up your package at an eligible facility, select Delivery Options to make arrangements."

Should I be worried? It still says it's going to be delivered today.
I would wait before doing anything. Before mine was out for delivery, the status changed to Rescheduled Delivery. Delivery date never changed tho, but I freak out for a minute.

Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I would wait before doing anything. Before mine was out for delivery, the status changed to Rescheduled Delivery. Delivery date never changed tho, but I freak out for a minute.
Thanks! Yeah it went back out for delivery about a half hour later.

Reactions: oneteam

ArgusArms

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Placitas, NM
If anyone has successfully transferred their AT&T phone service to their new Ultra from Apple Watch Series 7, could you please tell me what process you used?
I’ve read that I’ll need to either:

1. Remove the series 7, and the phone service, and then add the Ultra.

2. Just set-up the Ultra as a second watch, transfer the phone service to it, and then remove the series 7.

I’d really just like to know which one works without having to call AT&T if possible.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
The Ocean bands are not popular at all, but they are the only band to have an extension to 250mm. My wrist measures 216mm and the only band I can wear is the sport band at the last hole and I have to stretch it to do that. It's a bit tight around my wrist. I find out today that there is a sport band that Apple sells with an Extra Large size that goes to 245mm, but it's in Midnight only. They also make an extra large sport loop in midnight.

Last edited:

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
If anyone has successfully transferred their AT&T phone service to their new Ultra from Apple Watch Series 7, could you please tell me what process you used?

2. Just set-up the Ultra as a second watch, transfer the phone service to it, and then remove the series 7.

I’d really just like to know which one works without having to call AT&T if possible.
I think last year S6->S7 #2 seemed like the path I took, it seemed pretty seamless, IIRC.

Reactions: ArgusArms

man02195

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010

From apple:

Transfer your cellular plan to a new Apple Watch​

When you’re ready to start using a new Apple Watch, you can transfer cellular service from your old watch to your new one. Here’s how:
  1. Remove the cellular plan from your old Apple Watch. You can do this from the Apple Watch app or by erasing your old Apple Watch.
  2. Pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone. During setup, tap “Set up Cellular” to add a cellular plan.
  3. Some carriers allow you to transfer your existing plan to your new Apple Watch directly from the Apple Watch app.
  4. If you don’t see an option to transfer your cellular plan, contact your carrier for help.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
As many have said, seems to be pretty good stock at Apple Stores today, so hopefully some of you still waiting can snag one in person. Mine's waiting for me at my local UPS CC and I'll be screaming over there after a meeting. I was able to snag a Starlight Alpine loop for pick up too, so good times!

It was a fun and wild ride everyone!
I spoke with the lady in Aberdeen store, she said loads of Ultras had arrived

Reactions: thearh

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Well I got it and feel indifferent.

I definitely like the larger battery capacity and we do hike at least twice a month so more accurate GPS and the ability to communicate via sat is a plus; or more accurately an edge case justification to keep it: )

But I do wish the screen itself was larger. It is marginally larger than the current 45mm watch.

So I'm not sure....I'll give it the weekend.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
One thing I will say, the photos I've seen online make the orange action button stand out quite a bit.
I found it very muted IRL. Which I think is a plus as I like to wear the crown inward.

Although I do like the color orange, thus the orange loop band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.