Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Anyone successfully canceled an order thats “preparing to ship”
I saw the apple watch I want is available at local apple store today :/
Yes, I did that this morning when I saw that my store had the one I wanted.

powerslave65

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Sherman Oaks CA
Out for delivery. And who needs a trail loop when I can just shop at home. 🙃

Attachments

• B9E4DDAD-222A-4CFA-BEB5-B3AA80BB8D84.jpeg
    B9E4DDAD-222A-4CFA-BEB5-B3AA80BB8D84.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
This watch looks incredible in person & it actually isn’t even as big as I thought it would be. I have about a 7 inch wrist & it fits just fine. Doesn’t look awkward at all.

Also, this Starlight band is waayyy nicer than I was expecting. I’m actually pretty glad I went with it now. Very satisfied with this purchase.

Attachments

• 395ABCC6-E481-45E6-B82A-1CA15AD24578.jpeg
    395ABCC6-E481-45E6-B82A-1CA15AD24578.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 120
Pics with the yellow band on wrist please! I will share mine later after I receive mine
I'm stuck at work so I had to do a quick unboxing but I will share it once I get off and get home. Sorry. :(

This Apple Watch is incredible!

Last edited:

powerslave65

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Sherman Oaks CA
You know when I was a kid watching Star Trek It was absolutely so far out to think we would be calling from our wrist, listening to music, messaging, checking our health metrics with a wrist worn device no bigger than a pack of matches. It's really far out what we have done with computing. What a time to be alive. Come on Apple where is that Transporter Pro?

• Love
Reactions: 1557750 and Brad7

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
How does one transfer the phone service Using #2? Thanks. Larry
Well it was last year.
I remember turning on the new watch and it told me to put my phone next to it.
IIRC it asked if the watch was a replacement for the existing or another watch. Mine was a replacement. Then it did its thing and voila it was setup.

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022
@iDarth_Betar Did you pick up your Apple Watch Ultra yet?
I did, I did! It’s such a cool design and I love the look. Just not sure the size will work for me. Due to my tattoo sleeves I have to wear my AW’s on the underside of my right wrist because it’s the only spot without ink and sensor don’t work otherwise 😂

But I will definitely sleep on it and if I don’t keep it, I’ll go with the 8.

I did, I did! It’s such a cool design and I love the look. Just not sure the size will work for me. Due to my tattoo sleeves I have to wear my AW’s on the underside of my right wrist because it’s the only spot without ink and sensor don’t work otherwise 😂

But I will definitely sleep on it and if I don’t keep it, I’ll go with the 8.
Very nice! Congratulations!!! First world problem! Let us know what you decide to do.

Reactions: 1557750

LGR

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2014
Portland, OR
You know when I was a kid watching Star Trek It was absolutely so far out to think we would be calling from our wrist, listening to music, messaging, checking our health metrics with a wrist worn device no bigger than a pack of matches. It's really far out what we have done with computing. What a time to be alive. Come on Apple where is that Transporter Pro?
I also remember the Dick Tracey comics from the 1950’s or so Where he used a wrist walkie talkie.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
@Brad7 Did you pick up your Apple Watch Ultra as well?
Thank you for checking! Ok so weird situation for me - I did wake up early and found one in stock, and placed an order. However, yesterday I'd decided to go for the Pro Max and returned my Pro, hoping to find a Pro Max in stock one of these days. Well I learned (after placing the Ultra pickup order this morning) that you need an iPhone 8 and above for it to work, so I can't pair it with my old 7 in the meantime. And I don't want to run out the return clock on the Ultra in case of a defect by the time I find/receive my Pro Max, so I had to sadly cancel the pickup order and went back to the home delivery order (which I had to re-do cause in this morning's excitement of securing a pickup, I canceled the one I made earlier this week).

Basically I had to wipe the slate clean, they'll both get here a little later than I'd like, but it'll all be good soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.