Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
B92BA9C7-C78F-43D4-81D5-79498EF3AB4D.jpeg
0D932941-DDA1-46C3-A196-13826B2E1625.jpeg
3DEE602B-9B55-447B-93EE-F93B81A32596.jpeg
3CAFB9A7-5426-4E63-BDF9-711EC1708296.jpeg

First impressions:

-Noticeable weight difference from aluminum version (I’ve always had aluminum).
-Orange alpine loop is better in person and compliments the international orange and titanium body extremely well.
-The watch is no where as big as everyone made it out to be. Feels not that much bigger than the S7.
-Alpine loop, Nike Sport Loop & Apple Sport Loop all seem to hold the watch the best. With the Nike Sport Band it sometimes felt like the watch was sliding just a little.
-Brightness outside during a run was incredible!
-Only minor con for me is the bezels…after coming from the S7 where the screen was pushed to the ends of the watch, it seems a little awkward, but I guess that makes for Ultra 2 improvements 🤣

I’m still wondering what was/is the hiccup with the trail loop though. Might grab an Ocean band in the coming days.

thearh

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Got mine delivered from Best Buy at 10am. The the ocean band is surprisingly very comfortable. Did not expect to like it or use it at all. I still have the blue/gray trail band on order as well.
I ordered my AWU with the Alpine Loop, but ordered an Ocean for pick up, but I wasn‘t sure about it, after reading this I am pretty excited to try it .

Daran1977

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I am coming from an AW3 42mm and think this is very large and I wouldn't consider myself to have small wrists... it will take some time to get use to it....My band i used for AW 3 doesn't not fit though :-( .....

Reactions: thearh

sartorius

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2017
I ordered my AWU with the Alpine Loop, but ordered an Ocean for pick up, but I wasn‘t sure about it, after reading this I am pretty excited to try it .
I got the green Alpine Loop because it was the only one I could get a launch day unit, and ordered an Ocean on the side as a backup band for wet conditions, but I actually prefer the Ocean!

I have an Orange alpine and Black/Grey trail loop on order too though, just to be sure!

View attachment 2077485 View attachment 2077486 View attachment 2077483 View attachment 2077484

First impressions:

-Noticeable weight difference from aluminum version (I’ve always had aluminum).
-Orange alpine loop is better in person and compliments the international orange and titanium body extremely well.
-The watch is no where as big as everyone made it out to be. Feels not that much bigger than the S7.
-Alpine loop, Nike Sport Loop & Apple Sport Loop all seem to hold the watch the best. With the Nike Sport Band it sometimes felt like the watch was sliding just a little.
-Brightness outside during a run was incredible!
-Only minor con for me is the bezels…after coming from the S7 where the screen was pushed to the ends of the watch, it seems a little awkward, but I guess that makes for Ultra 2 improvements 🤣

I’m still wondering what was/is the hiccup with the trail loop though. Might grab an Ocean band in the coming days.
@CaptMarvel Congratulations!!!

Stunning! Love the review. The Orange band looks amazing with the titanium body. I agree with you. It does look weird coming from the S7 screen to the Apple Watch Ultra. I do miss the curvy screen now, haha! Congratulations again!!! Hope to see you again for Apple Watch Ultra 2 :)

Best wishes,
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

I actually ordered the yellow one last night and ordered the orange alpine as well lol. Boy things are getting expensive quick, on top of the new iPhone 14 PM 1TB 😝.
Nice! September is the most expensive month for most of us. Not sure what Apple has planned for the month of October. If you combine everything, this Apple Watch Ultra is easily hitting $1000.00 bucks. It's worth it tho. Congratulations!!!

No. I might later this year, though. I’m updating my AirPods first. I have the Apple Watch SE, which is terrible (no AOD sucks). My wrists are not big, but I still want that gigantic display.
Just order it and don't wait till later this year. New Apple Watch Ultra 2 will be out within 6 months by then. It's a very nice AW. You will be happy! Maybe order the one with Ocean Band in color white. So, It matches your iPhone.

Reactions: Shh

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I got the green Alpine Loop because it was the only one I could get a launch day unit, and ordered an Ocean on the side as a backup band for wet conditions, but I actually prefer the Ocean!

I have an Orange alpine and Black/Grey trail loop on order too though, just to be sure!
I got the white Ocean, and I love it too. Looks super cool, and it's comfy. My hubby has the green Alpine, and seems to be liking it so far.

Thank you for checking! Ok so weird situation for me - I did wake up early and found one in stock, and placed an order. However, yesterday I'd decided to go for the Pro Max and returned my Pro, hoping to find a Pro Max in stock one of these days. Well I learned (after placing the Ultra pickup order this morning) that you need an iPhone 8 and above for it to work, so I can't pair it with my old 7 in the meantime. And I don't want to run out the return clock on the Ultra in case of a defect by the time I find/receive my Pro Max, so I had to sadly cancel the pickup order and went back to the home delivery order (which I had to re-do cause in this morning's excitement of securing a pickup, I canceled the one I made earlier this week).

Basically I had to wipe the slate clean, they'll both get here a little later than I'd like, but it'll all be good soon.
That's crazy! I'm sorry you had to go through all this trouble. Well, keep us posted on what you decide on doing. Can't wait till you post pictures of your new Apple Watch. You will be amazed! This is the real Apple Watch! hahah

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.