Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
Nice! September is the most expensive month for most of us. Not sure what Apple has planned for the month of October. If you combine everything, this Apple Watch Ultra is easily hitting $1000.00 bucks. It's worth it tho. Congratulations!!!
I definitely agree and I’m curious to see as well. I think I was just as excited for the ultra, if not more then the 14 PM lol 😂! Thank you and you as well. So far it is not letting me down. I’m really enjoying it, especially the battery life and beautiful screen!

stingazg

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2022
Southern California
Hi all, I picked up my Apple Watch Ultra yesterday around 12:30pm, drove straight to my carrier to get the cellular activated and it’s safe to say after having it for almost a day I’m glad I made the choice for the ultra. I’m also glad I bought other bands to go with it because I know I would get that white band super dirty super quick.
The band on in the pic is the XL Midnight Sport Loop

Attachments

• E3929FBD-4140-483D-8F98-F3A065B69D99.jpeg
    E3929FBD-4140-483D-8F98-F3A065B69D99.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 114
I am glad I picked up an Ocean band yesterday.
That’s awesome! That’s why I always tell people to never risk it and pre-order it once it goes live.

On a side note. Apple is smart. Apple made sure to keep the cost low for Apple Watch Ultra (especially when it’s a titanium model) then offsets the price with Apple Watch bands. Apple knows people will be buying more than 1-2 bands. This Apple Watch can run easily up to $1000+ USD dollars.

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022
I wonder if this Apple Watch Ultra will push people to go swimming, hiking, climbing and so on.

@iDarth_Betar How are you liking your Apple Watch Ultra?
As of right now, I’m back to Old Faithful, until I decide which Series 8 I want. The Ultra is a beautiful watch, but sits too high and is too wide for how I have to wear AW’s, unfortunately.

Where my TAG is sitting is the only spot I don’t have ink, so the underneath for the Ultra doesn’t work for me. I’m sad. 😕
1664037776179.jpeg

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Ordered an 8 Silver SS 41mm. How long after it says "Preparing for Shipping" does it usually take to receive? It still says processing. My stated time frame is sept 29-Oct 6. that's quite a span and I have jury duty next week soooo wondering what the norm is from when it's preparing to actual delivery.
TIA

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I wonder if this Apple Watch Ultra will push people to go swimming, hiking, climbing and so on.

@iDarth_Betar How are you liking your Apple Watch Ultra?
Everyone is different if course, for me, it will not make me do more things as I am active as is, but it will not make me take my AW off when I’m going to the ocean. And since I recently moved, the closest beach is about 15 min drive from the house.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022
Everyone is different if course, for me, it will not make me do more things as I am active as us, but it will not make me take my AW off when I’m going to the ocean. And since I recently moved, the closest beach is about 15 min drive from the house.
Agreed. I’m already active as far as gym/gym cardio goes, but I really do like the GPS and backtrack features they have added. I’d probably take up hiking if I didn’t live in one of the allergy Capitols of the World.

👊🤧👍

thearh

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That’s awesome! That’s why I always tell people to never risk it and pre-order it once it goes live.

On a side note. Apple is smart. Apple made sure to keep the cost low for Apple Watch Ultra (especially when it’s a titanium model) then offsets the price with Apple Watch bands. Apple knows people will be buying more than 1-2 bands. This Apple Watch can run easily up to $1000+ USD dollars.
You are absolutely right.

goneeuro02

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
So we exchanged my wife's Ultra for a 45mm Starlight Series 8. It was just too big for her wrist. The crown rested on her wrist bone so it was hard to turn without lifting the watch up. She went with the 45mm this year for the bigger battery. She is a marathoner so battery life is important to her. You can see the pictures on her Instagram of the crown digging into her wrist. We tried 3 or 4 different bands to see if we could get a better fit. Hopefully next year Apple sees the demand for a smaller case and we get a 44 or 45mm option.

Reactions: shr631

Rebadow

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
UPS told me they would attempt another delivery on Monday.
I called Apple and they really came through for me.
They had it delivered via special Saturday delivery today!!!! (which UPS would never do around here)
Apple support I love you ❤️
Hope everyone gets their Ultra as soon as possible

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Tried it on yesterday at the Apple store. Surprised by how light it was compared to how heavy it looks. Was still indecisive between the Ultra and 45mm SS S8, so I went home. Slept on it and decided on the Ultra, unfortunately the Alpine loop models were sold out but I did find a nearby store with the banana yellow band Ultra so I ordered that one for same day pick up.

In the process now of updating my phone before setting up the watch. This is going to be a huge upgrade over my 42mm Series 3. :)

My only grip trying it on is how sharp the edge is, like it can easily scuff something. Anyways if I end up not liking it, I do have 14 days to return it.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Got my AWU w Orange Alpine loop yesterday. The alpine loop is easy enough to use for me, but the lugs make it stuck out farther making it look super big on my already thin wrists. Debating getting the ocean band to mask the hugeness of it, or just go ahead and switch to an SS AW8. Not gonna lie the battery life in this AWU is compelling. But I’m not sure how I feel about the size on wrist yet. Plus the SS is timeless and looks good in any situation. 🤷🏽‍♂️🧐

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.