Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2022)?

• Total voters

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I think the MacRumor's video that shows the Alpine Band on an AWU has the band on backwards. Here's the instructions. Note that the band loops closer to the Digital Crown, not the side button. I guess it doesn't matter, but as a right-hander, it's more convenient doing it the way of the instructions.
View attachment 2079727
There's been a similar ongoing battle in the AW world forever regarding which is correct when wearing a Sport Loop between Top Loopers vs Bottom Loopers. Some find one or the other more comfortable and/or easier to put on. I suspect the same will happen with the Alpine.

Reactions: julit0

schlupps

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2020
RheinMain - Germany
for the alpine loop, the position of the hook might be interesting to be considered!
Lucky me: as a top-looper, the hook of the 'L' strap for my 19cm wrist is hooked in the 6th slope (from bottom ;) ) , so.. no titan-scratches-macbook-possibility involved for me =)

SloRide™

Suspended
Nov 13, 2020
Hey, long time no see, hope you're well! I'm loving my AWU!
@SisterBlue22 You too! It has been a long time. I’m doing well. I gave my youngest grandson my 13PM a couple months ago, and for fun I went to the dark side. Well, not just for fun. I have a 15 yr old granddaughter that has had her eye on a particular Samsung, so I got one for me to use until her next birthday. It’s much easier for me to hand down a slightly used phone than buy a new one… for various reasons. They’re good kids.

Anyway, since I no longer have an iPhone I gave my wife my AW7 😁 (her AW was 5 yrs old). My plan is to get a new 14PM and possibly an AWU in late Mar 2023. I need to try one on in a store to see if I like it. For me, the wait to get it makes it all the more sweet 👍

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
@SisterBlue22 You too! It has been a long time. I’m doing well. I gave my youngest grandson my 13PM a couple months ago, and for fun I went to the dark side. Well, not just for fun. I have a 15 yr old granddaughter that has had her eye on a particular Samsung, so I got one for me to use until her next birthday. It’s much easier for me to hand down a slightly used phone than buy a new one… for various reasons. They’re good kids.

Anyway, since I no longer have an iPhone I gave my wife my AW7 😁 (her AW was 5 yrs old). My plan is to get a new 14PM and possibly an AWU in late Mar 2023. I need to try one on in a store to see if I like it. For me, the wait to get it makes it all the more sweet 👍
Great Plan @SloRide™ . Nice seeing you around again. Definitely want to see your 14PM / AWU rig when you get it. Hope the riding and adventuring is going well.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I think the MacRumor's video that shows the Alpine Band on an AWU has the band on backwards. Here's the instructions. Note that the band loops closer to the Digital Crown, not the side button. I guess it doesn't matter, but as a right-hander, it's more convenient doing it the way of the instructions.
View attachment 2079727
What if someone like me who is ambidextrous? 😅

GDV217

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone have their shipping date moved up? I ordered the Ultra. They took the payment out of my account. I have shipping dat of October 6 - November 1

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
Me tooooo! I just want the Midnight, though, I don't wear anything that would go with the yellow. It's pretty though, very cheerful!

I bought the midnight ocean yesterday. I’m like you, I don’t wear anything really that would go with the yellow but I still would like to have it…

Reactions: SisterBlue22

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Has anyone ordered the blue/gray trail loop apple watch ultra? it still says it won't come till the end of October but if you order now it has an earlier ship date.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
How about you? Enjoying the AWU? Thoughts after a couple of days? I’ve been getting reacquainted with my analog watches in the mean time.
I’m very satisfied with the AWU. Paired it with a SS Link Bracelet and I’m liking the fit/comfort of the Ocean and Alpine bands, too. I have a trail loop on order with a delivery around Thanksgiving time.

I may have to be more careful and even remove it when wrenching on the bike in the tight spots. The weight change from Aluminum is negligible and 3 days of wear - haven’t snagged or bumped it at all. Even fit under my long sleeve dress shirt for church today, just fine.

For the features and technology bump, and considering I was at least going with a SS Case this round, the $45 has been a bargain. Using the Wayfinder face which is also Analog! 😄 ⌚️

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Anyone have their shipping date moved up? I ordered the Ultra. They took the payment out of my account. I have shipping dat of October 6 - November 1
You probably are getting a bump up in shipping dates. I ordered a spare Alpine Orange band with my Ocean Midnight AWU kit and that was supposed to ship 10/07-14. But, I got the charge for the band pending on the same day I was able to get ISPU for the Alpine Orange (Medium). I was gonna cancel the online order - but it coincidentally too late as it’s preparing to ship. I’ll just have to return it in store.

Hope you are getting your AWU earlier…You’ll love it.

Reactions: Brad7 and GDV217

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
I'm wondering if Apple underestimated the popularity of the Series 8 watches.

Was finally able to order a 41mm SS Gold Series 8 watch. Didn't really want the Starlight sports band, but that was the only one available in M/L. They said it should arrive tomorrow. We shall see.

Reactions: julit0

GDV217

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
You probably are getting a bump up in shipping dates. I ordered a spare Alpine Orange band with my Ocean Midnight AWU kit and that was supposed to ship 10/07-14. But, I got the charge for the band pending on the same day I was able to get ISPU for the Alpine Orange (Medium). I was gonna cancel the online order - but it coincidentally too late as it’s preparing to ship. I’ll just have to return it in store.

Hope you are getting your AWU earlier…You’ll love it.
I am thinking the same thing. It would happen with previous Apple products.

Reactions: julit0 and Brad7

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I still wish Apple would package bands separate than the watches. I had an Ultra order with Black/Grey Trail Loop that was a 2nd week of November delivery date. I made an order for one with a Apline Loop Large on 9/23/22 at 7:55 AM for a 10 am pickup at my local Apple store.

I actually would have ordered just the Ultra without the band... I'm using my existing bands.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Well I got it and feel indifferent.

I definitely like the larger battery capacity and we do hike at least twice a month so more accurate GPS and the ability to communicate via sat is a plus; or more accurately an edge case justification to keep it: )

But I do wish the screen itself was larger. It is marginally larger than the current 45mm watch.

So I'm not sure....I'll give it the weekend.
I decided I like it. The Alpine loop band is ok though. It sorta feels like a county faire wrist band

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
I still wish Apple would package bands separate than the watches. I had an Ultra order with Black/Grey Trail Loop that was a 2nd week of November delivery date. I made an order for one with a Apline Loop Large on 9/23/22 at 7:55 AM for a 10 am pickup at my local Apple store.

I actually would have ordered just the Ultra without the band... I'm using my existing bands.
I wish they would do that for all the watches or at least have it as an option.

Reactions: PaladinGuy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.