Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
They really got to start not bundling a band with every watch sale …
Bands should be optional. I've been buying Apple watches since the first generation and have a lot of the original bands and a few more that I bought for fun. I definitely did not need to get a Winter Blue Sport Loop with my SS S9. I have 3 or 4 sport loops already. Right now I'm using the Apple Classic Black Leather Buckle that has been used with every Apple watch I've owned since 2016. It's as good as it was the day I got it.

Reactions: jz0309

casjohnr

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Whoops…

Ultra Series 2 with the blue/black (you’d be hard pressed to see any blue from a distance which suits me and my boring love of black!) M/L trail loop which fits my fat wrist perfectly after battling half an hour working out how to attach it the right way!

The AirPods 2 perhaps the equivalent of adding a cheeseburger pick me up to my meal at McDonalds ;) I was getting fed up of my AirPods 1 doing weird things with charging so why not

IMG_2631.jpeg

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Bands should be optional. I've been buying Apple watches since the first generation and have a lot of the original bands and a few more that I bought for fun. I definitely did not need to get a Winter Blue Sport Loop with my SS S9. I have 3 or 4 sport loops already. Right now I'm using the Apple Classic Black Leather Buckle that has been used with every Apple watch I've owned since 2016. It's as good as it was the day I got it.
Agree - the waste of a band you have to choose versus not choosing one and saving $50 or $99 is much more agreeable to me.

I had to buy the sport band because Apple did not have in stock the magnetic band I wanted.

Ended up ordering the magnetic band that became available yesterday.

Spent an extra $99 for the band could have saved $50 by ordering it the way I wanted it...
IMG_84357622EC45-1.jpeg

Reactions: jz0309

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I ran across an watch band that I though was STOOPID!!! It has a battery in the clasp that is supposed to be "magsafe". The way it is supposed to work is with the watch off of your wrist this battery charger thing magnetically is pushed up and is attached to the base of the watch to charge it. The battery in this charger does not look to be any larger than the battery in an Airtag. A Sucker it born everyday.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Whoever got the series 9 Apple Watch what brand case and screen protector do you recommend?
do not put a case on that or screen protector. If you do that, return your SS and get the aluminum. There's no point in getting a stainless steel watch with the sapphire crystal screen and covering it up. It's almost impossible to scratch the screen unless you wear diamond rings.

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
My second Ultra 2 has been preparing for shipment since Sunday. It’s supposed to be delivered by Sept 27-28. We will see…
Mine was in Preparing to ship from Friday - Tuesday. Estimated delivery of September 28-30. I hope you get yours soon.

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but UPS status says Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet. It’s coming from Indiana.

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
Wonderful…I took the day off from work to make sure I would be home for my delivery today, and now it’s delayed until tomorrow! I can’t take off again, so I probably won’t be home for the delivery tomorrow. I guess it will probably be Monday before I receive it. I’m so bummed out. ☹️
IMG_1646.jpeg

Rainman1915

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Wonderful…I took the day off from work to make sure I would be home for my delivery today, and now it’s delayed until tomorrow! I can’t take off again, so I probably won’t be home for the delivery tomorrow. I guess it will probably be Monday before I receive it. I’m so bummed out. ☹️
View attachment 2283668
See if you can get them to hold your delivery at the depot so you can pick it up tomorrow.

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
See if you can get them to hold your delivery at the depot so you can pick it up tomorrow.
Would love to, but it's on the complete opposite side of town from where I live (not overly fond of the horrible traffic getting there, lol). Not only that, I work very long hours and I don't get off work till after 10pm. I guess I should have opted for store pickup, but that's another long drive.

I'm getting older (but I still love new tech), so the high traffic areas make me nervous. Not to mention, a lot of the people around here drive as though they got their driver's license from a box of Cracker Jacks, because there's no way they could have passed the driver's test.

I guess I was lured in by the prospect of Next Day Air and not having to drive anywhere to pick it up. Now I have to live with my foolish decision.

You would think that in a city the size of San Antonio, Apple would have more than just 2 locations.

First world problems, lol.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Hi, I am late joining the party for new watch launch.
I ordered my 15PM on launch day and received last Friday UPS but was on the fence with a new watch. I have had through the years AW0, AW3, AW4 SS Silver, AW5 that I currently own and use and trading in, and currently own AW7 SS Gold. At first I did not think I needed to trade but my AW5 battery life does not last me more than 10 hours during the day. I had thought I would wait till they had stock in the store and could trade in at the store rather than shipping back. I had been checking daily and suddenly it showed my local store would have pick up in the store next week. So I thought great I will order today with pick up and trade in October 6th. I get through the process and it states Apple Stores do not accept trade in at store?? Is this for all stores or just online orders? Unfortunately I cannot remember if I traded in one of my previous watches at the store or not. I do remember trading in AW3 for the AW SS7 but sent that off UPS.
At any rate ordered Apple Watch Series 9 GPS + Cellular, 41mm Graphite Stainless Steel Case with Winter Blue Solo Loop. it will be here next week and the day before it was available in my local store.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
It is funny I was thinking of friends of mine who are into high end mechanical watches. They would no more think of putting a 10K USD Rolex in a case than I should think of putting an Apple Watch U2 with a case that is not much different in construction than the Rolex, just not really designed to come apart. Rolex on the other hand wants you to sent their watches in every 5 years or so to get serviced for $700 plus bucks.

• Wow
Reactions: alexcue

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
My UPS App just notified me I will be provided a delivery date as soon as possible. I honestly didn't think it was going to get here today. I get a lot of stuff mail ordered mostly via UPS so I know now they work. If it isn't an overnight delivery and not yet in Commerce City, Colorado as of about 1 AM of a delivery day it isn't going to make it the truck gets into Cheyenne at about 4 AM.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
If it isn't an overnight delivery and not yet in Commerce City, Colorado as of about 1 AM of a delivery day it isn't going to make it the truck gets into Cheyenne at about 4 AM.
It should be an overnight delivery - Apple ships watches UPS Next Day Air Saver. Don't lose hope!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.