Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I upgraded from Apple Watch 6 to 9. Got my new watch on Friday, but still haven't gotten the trade-in kit. Wondering if I need to contact Apple if others already have it.
What does the order page say?
Mine arrived today, fedex

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
If you ordered thru Apple.com, check your Apple Store order.
Trade in box info tracking is just underneath the purchase.
I'd wait till Monday / Tuesday since you have 14 days.

Last edited:

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I upgraded from Apple Watch 6 to 9. Got my new watch on Friday, but still haven't gotten the trade-in kit. Wondering if I need to contact Apple if others already have it.
Got my S9 Friday too and just checked trade in kit and it's supposed to deliver this afternoon.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Arrived on launch date and loving it. Big step up from the series 4. I am having an issue where the weather complications sometimes are not showing any info. Tried resetting it, tried turning on and off location services. Hopefully it resolves itself soon!

IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9354.jpeg

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Arrived on launch date and loving it. Big step up from the series 4. I am having an issue where the weather complications sometimes are not showing any info. Tried resetting it, tried turning on and off location services. Hopefully it resolves itself soon!

View attachment 2279694 View attachment 2279695
Nice looking watch & bands! A couple of my 3rd party apps are having trouble with Watch OS 10, too. Apparently it broke some of the permissions that the apps need to access data. The developer of one of those apps says Apple promised him a fix soon by way of an OS update. Hope that's true!

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for that info, gives me some reassurance it’s not something I need to worry about on my own particular watch. Enjoying its so far.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I took a hard fall on a scooter doing 24 MPH and I cracked my S7 in the upper left even with a case on the watch.. It's enough where it's not worth replacing the screen $299 and if I had apple care it would of been $69.

I figured I'd look at the S9 now.. I'm just on the fence about a sport loop or sport band.
I’m not even sure how I did mine. Woke up after a heavy night out and found a deep scratch. Chatted with Apple and then sent out a replacement, and I mailed the scratched one back. All done with a few days.

TyG8

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
St. Louis
Been wearing my Ultra 2 since 5PM on Friday, only taken off for a couple hours doing painting on Saturday, I’d say I’m a light to causal user, and as of 4:21PM Sunday, I’m still at 36%, pretty unreal. Been loving it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: squawk7000 and i505

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I was told on Apple chat that I have 14 days from delivery day to exchange watch bands.

Asked what would happen if it doesn't make it - Apple chat said to return the entire watch and re-order....
I wanted a different band last year and I had to return the watch and reorder with the band I wanted. SMH

• Wow
Reactions: 4sallypat

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I wanted a different band last year and I had to return the watch and reorder with the band I wanted. SMH
Wow, that sounds so silly on Apple's end.

Why make a customer return an opened watch then have to reorder it because Apple does not have any magnetic fabric bands anywhere ?

It's Apple's fault for advertising this band and it shows unavailable.

It's not the customer's fault; Apple should step up and replace the band when it stocks ???

Reactions: jz0309

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Wow, that sounds so silly on Apple's end.

Why make a customer return an opened watch then have to reorder it because Apple does not have any magnetic fabric bands anywhere ?

It's Apple's fault for advertising this band and it shows unavailable.

It's not the customer's fault; Apple should step up and replace the band when it stocks ???
They really got to start not bundling a band with every watch sale …

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
They really got to start not bundling a band with every watch sale …
Would be nice. The various bands I used with my S6 are all fine, picked up as open box deals or leftovers from prior models. I really didn’t need yet another one.

Worth noting that my in-store pickup S9 had a dummy watchband box in the watch box, and the ordered band was in its own retail packaging.

bunglex

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Had the Ultra 2 delivered on the 22nd, charged to 100% and currently on 2% left with 71 hours of use in normal mode. Did about 17.5 miles of running (using stock workout app) over the weekend, so battery usage is looking really good. Do miss fast app switching though in watch os 9.

supercoffee1025

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
So this is a bit strange. My watch shipped on Saturday with an expected delivery of tomorrow, but both the tracking # and invoice # return blank on UPS’s site. Anyone else have this happen?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Through Apple…and the Apple site says shipped and delivering tomorrow but UPS doesn’t have any info.
It might shipping from a local warehouse or Apple store via FedEx.

Try using the apps (UPS and FedEx) and enter your address.
If a package label is created with that address, it will show on the app.

Reactions: alexcue

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin

View attachment 2279694 View attachment 2279695
I am having the same issues with the weather complications and widget in the smart stack on my Ultra 2 as well. Most of the time they are blank.

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
The weather widget was broken for some of beta, then it got fixed and then it seems they broke it again for RC/Release, though it's only broken once or twice for me, it was multiple times a day in beta.
Hopefully they fix it soon. It has been broken the majority of the time for me since Friday.

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
I am having the same issues with the weather complications and widget in the smart stack on my Ultra 2 as well. Most of the time they are blank.
Did you try going into privacy settings on your iPhone and then go to location services settings? You have to turn Weather from while using to always. That solved it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.