Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Since the watch was released, I’ve only bought the smaller one. I decided to upgrade my S7 to the S9 45mm. I don’t have large wrists, but I think it fits better than the smaller version — it sits more flush with my wrist. I love it, and the larger text is so helpful. I stuck with midnight and got the winter blue velcro strap.
Same here.

Love my 45mm S9.

Midnight w/ winter blue band.

Love how it controls my EV using Ford Pass App:

IMG_0198 2.JPG

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
On the heels of being denied a couple hours early pickup I decided to change band choice from cypress green sport loop to storm blue sport band with a cancel/reorder for pickup later in the day. Camera makes it a bit lighter blue than it is in person but goes well with GrSS.

I have other sport loops and bands, including cypress green sport band, so I felt the sport loop would’ve been duplicative

Setup couldn’t have been easier. Asked if I wanted to transfer my T-Mobile cell plan, did so quickly with a text from TMO advising me of the SIM change.

Note - I specifically didn’t update my S6 to watchOS10 to help ensure a smooth transition

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Glad I had mine delivered to my office. What are our favorite screen protectors? I feel like I’mma knock this bad boy into everything.
Don't bother with a screen protector (or one of those cheap plastic cases - they ruin the look of the watch). The Ultra is very hard to scratch. I do have AC+ because I had it on my previous S7 and somehow caused a very deep scratch on the screen after a night out and they replaced it. Since then I've always had AC+ as a precaution, considering this watch cost me £850!

Reactions: PPCmike

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
Don't bother with a screen protector (or one of those cheap plastic cases - they ruin the look of the watch). The Ultra is very hard to scratch. I do have AC+ because I had it on my previous S7 and somehow caused a very deep scratch on the screen after a night out and they replaced it. Since then I've always had AC+ as a precaution, considering this watch cost me £850!
I took a hard fall on a scooter doing 24 MPH and I cracked my S7 in the upper left even with a case on the watch.. It's enough where it's not worth replacing the screen $299 and if I had apple care it would of been $69.

I figured I'd look at the S9 now.. I'm just on the fence about a sport loop or sport band.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I figured I'd look at the S9 now.. I'm just on the fence about a sport loop or sport band.
They’re both great in their own ways. Sport loop better for sweaty stuff and getting wet since it breathes and dries while wearing, sport band for a slightly more upscale / traditional look. I switch around depending on mood, but I’ve also had a few AW generations across which to accumulate some options

Pick one, you can find the other for less $$ on eBay or best buy/walmart open box with some patience

lindakoy

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
In the past I traded in just the watch body itself and kept band & charger. Though that was in S3 days. Sold my SBSS S4 on Swappa for a lot more than trade in, same with my SBTI S5.
I upgraded from Apple Watch 6 to 9. Got my new watch on Friday, but still haven't gotten the trade-in kit. Wondering if I need to contact Apple if others already have it.

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
Yeap - no dice on delivery today. UPS already showed up with Phones, but watch didn't make the truck. Driver didn't seem interested in answering questions either.

Going to assume there's no chance of me picking it up from the local center, right? Pretty sure Apple doesn't let you make any changes to delivery.
No apple products are allowed to be driver released even if you sign the back of a info notice.. I've seen so many say just leave it.. The best option would be local pickup but some don't understand they need to call for that.. they just show up and the driver is still out delivering.

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
They’re both great in their own ways. Sport loop better for sweaty stuff and getting wet since it breathes and dries while wearing, sport band for a slightly more upscale / traditional look. I switch around depending on mood, but I’ve also had a few AW generations across which to accumulate some options

Pick one, you can find the other for less $$ on eBay or best buy/walmart open box with some patience
Yeah one thing I noticed and maybe it's just me but does the sport band stretch over time? my M/L I'm on the last hole and unless I lost a lot of weight it just seems odd.

Reactions: deeddawg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Yeah one thing I noticed and maybe it's just me but does the sport band stretch over time? my M/L I'm on the last hole and unless I lost a lot of weight it just seems odd.
As it happens, I looked at my brand new sport band next to the one I’ve worn daily for the past year.

I saw no discernible difference in length. Though I wear S/M

now, that doesn’t mean it can’t stretch if you wear it tight, I wear mine firm, but not tight.

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
As it happens, I looked at my brand new sport band next to the one I’ve worn daily for the past year.

I saw no discernible difference in length.

now, that doesn’t mean it can’t stretch. If you wear it tight, I wear mine firm, but not tight.
Yeah the issue now is the sport band the metal button pops out of the hole so I most likely would be using the sport loop

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Yeah the issue now is the sport band the metal button pops out of the hole so I most likely would be using the sport loop
That doesn’t sound right. post a photo? I have multiples and never such an issue. Not sure how what you describe could happen?

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 49

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
No apple products are allowed to be driver released even if you sign the back of a info notice.. I've seen so many say just leave it.. The best option would be local pickup but some don't understand they need to call for that.. they just show up and the driver is still out delivering.
FedEx left my 15PM on the porch. No signature.

UPS left my other 15PM, AWU2, and S9 on the porch as well. No signature. But at least UPS rang the doorbell as they walked away, haha!!

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
FedEx left my 15PM on the porch. No signature.

UPS left my other 15PM, AWU2, and S9 on the porch as well. No signature. But at least UPS rang the doorbell as they walked away, haha!!
Might be just our building but they are still rolling out us taking photos of where we delivered.. it's a shame people will try and say they didn't get an item to get a replacement of the same item.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
It's when putting the strap under the opening that's when it pops off It might be just wear
I accept your description of what you see but can’t say I’ve seen it occur with any of my sport bands. Doesnt seem normal.

Photos might be helpful, and if the band is less than a year old, it might be covered under warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.