Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
I was a little late to the party with pre-ordering mine, so I've got a shipping date in October. But at least the double tap should be online by then.

Reactions: laffnvegas

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Anybody in the UK using Music Magpie to trade in their old watch? Do they need the strap and charger?

Hope this helps:

You can still sell your Apple Watch Nike Series 7 GPS + Cellular 45mm Midnight Aluminium if you've lost your charger, but please select 'Poor' as your condition (unless your device is broken, in which case you should select 'Faulty').

I’ve sent the strap back with mine - just had a look at ‘poor’ and my Series 7 would only get £18.50 without the charging cable 😳

Reactions: southnorth

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
The tracking is almost as much fun as the receiving. 😃. It is funny that I was able to resist getting an regular Apple Watch, as I have said I have been holding out for a glucometer. But the Ultra 2 I could no longer put it off.

IMG_8181.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: alexcue and jetsam

southnorth

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2018
Hope this helps:

You can still sell your Apple Watch Nike Series 7 GPS + Cellular 45mm Midnight Aluminium if you've lost your charger, but please select 'Poor' as your condition (unless your device is broken, in which case you should select 'Faulty').

I’ve sent the strap back with mine - just had a look at ‘poor’ and my Series 7 would only get £18.50 without the charging cable 😳

I’ve just sent mine back without charging cable as well. It’s not very clear that you should return the cable for maximum price instead it’s stuck in the fine print. That’s about £140 lost for not including cable.

Reactions: iGeek2019

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
It is going to be interesting setting up my first Apple Watch. last March I got my first Apple computer since 1984, a Mac Studio M1 Max. Coming from years of assembling and setting up PC's and the major PIA is loading and booting up one for the first time it was completely disorientating when I powered up the Mac Studio, and my iPhone had a pop up telling me it had detected the Mac do you wish to continue setup. I tapped yes and watched as my iPhone setup the Mac Computer, I was completely gobsmacked. I am looking forward to setting up the Apple Watch.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Just curious did anyone get the Product red on time or was it delayed.?

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Hope this helps:

Yeah I saw that one the website, but it doesn’t mention the strap. CEX, for instance, requires a charger but specifically requests no strap. I’ve given it to CEX now anyway, £195 vs MM’s £175. Still not great, but gets it out of the way!

Reactions: iGeek2019

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
It is going to be interesting setting up my first Apple Watch. last March I got my first Apple computer since 1984, a Mac Studio M1 Max. Coming from years of assembling and setting up PC's and the major PIA is loading and booting up one for the first time it was completely disorientating when I powered up the Mac Studio, and my iPhone had a pop up telling me it had detected the Mac do you wish to continue setup. I tapped yes and watched as my iPhone setup the Mac Computer, I was completely gobsmacked. I am looking forward to setting up the Apple Watch.
Since you are setting up for your first AW, setup with your iPhone will be easy.

I on the other hand have previous AW and it requires extra steps to link my new S9 to the iPhone.

Reactions: transmaster

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Since you are setting up for your first AW, setup with your iPhone will be easy.

I on the other hand have previous AW and it requires extra steps to link my new S9 to the iPhone.
You can see on my banner below how many iOS devices I have had, and I knew about the integration of all Apple computers but until I got the Mac I really didn't see it first hand.

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
I can't remember the last time I've been so happy with a purchase (probably my m1 air). I may actually cancel my 15PM order as I can see using the phone a lot less now as I'll be adding the U2 to my mobile plan.

Ordered a graphite milanese band which will be here today and a titanium band that'll be here mid-late Oct.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I can't remember the last time I've been so happy with a purchase (probably my m1 air). I may actually cancel my 15PM order as I can see using the phone a lot less now as I'll be adding the U2 to my mobile plan.

Ordered a graphite milanese band which will be here today and a titanium band that'll be here mid-late Oct.
Be careful with the Milanese band, there have been many posts here for it causing scratches due to the way it can snug around the screen…

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
Be careful with the Milanese band, there have been many posts here for it causing scratches due to the way it can snug around the screen…

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in mind. I might actually send it back and wait for the Kordiz Ti Band to arrive.
It's coming from the US to Canada, so not until mid/late Oct.

Last edited:
Reactions: jz0309

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
Since the watch was released, I’ve only bought the smaller one. I decided to upgrade my S7 to the S9 45mm. I don’t have large wrists, but I think it fits better than the smaller version — it sits more flush with my wrist. I love it, and the larger text is so helpful. I stuck with midnight and got the winter blue velcro strap.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have been looking at after market watch bands for the U2. I had no idea there was so many. The have exact copies of the Alpine Loop I have on mine, but instead of $99 bucks they are $15, I suppose the quality is not as good. But there are some survival/outdoors/military style bands that are very interesting.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 13.36.50.png

Last edited:

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
I’ve just sent mine back without charging cable as well. It’s not very clear that you should return the cable for maximum price instead it’s stuck in the fine print. That’s about £140 lost for not including cable.

I don’t know what made me check when I was getting my Series 7 ready to factory reset and cleaned up.

Glad I did and they should also make it clearer rather than assuming people will click the + to expand the sub menus.
Yeah I saw that one the website, but it doesn’t mention the strap. CEX, for instance, requires a charger but specifically requests no strap. I’ve given it to CEX now anyway, £195 vs MM’s £175. Still not great, but gets it out of the way!

Funnily enough I’m using CEX for the first time tomorrow - got an old Dell tower and Apple TV I never use (got it from Vodafone a couple of years ago when I had broadband with them).

Have never used them before which is why I sent my Watch off to Music Magpie but think I may use them going forward if my experience tomorrow is good.

Saves days waiting for the package to get to MM and whether they’ll quote the trade in price offered or lower the value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.