Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Received my Series 9 earlier today.

Think I may go for the Ultra next year depending on what it offers.

Attachments

• IMG_4892.jpeg
    IMG_4892.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 95

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I’ve banged my Ultra1 a lot, no signs of any scratches. Keep in mind this is flat sapphire…
My take: save your money on a screen protector, rather get AC+
I was going to ask the same thing I have used glass screen protectors on my iPhones for years, and I was looking at what they have for the Apple Watch, it seems to be cheap protection at the very least.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
[Update - I didn’t try to go last night, but other errands had me near the Apple store an hour and a half early today, so I tried to do the pick up and was denied. Line was short so I’m guessing they’ve firmed up the policy this time round? Dunno. Decided I wanted a different band so placed a new pickup order for later today and cancelled the first one.]

Anyone have success in ignoring the store pickup time reservation?

I usually try not to be That Guy, but am tempted to swing by tonight and try my luck if there's little/no line... :D

1695403672564.png

Last edited:

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012

I usually try not to be That Guy, but am tempted to swing by tonight and try my luck if there's little/no line... :D

View attachment 2276072
My reservation time for my iPhone pickup was 9:15a-9:30a today but I showed up at 8a and was out by 8:45a. Not a huge difference but helped me with making some morning meetings.

Reactions: Taki and deeddawg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
My reservation time for my iPhone pickup was 9:15a-9:30a today but I showed up at 8a and was out by 8:45a. Not a huge difference but helped me with making some morning meetings.

yeah, I've fudged the time a bit on the same day before when I needed to for scheduling reasons - the time slots are intended to spread pickups through the day vs surges.

I may or may not swing by there tonight, it isn't a big deal tonight vs tomorrow.

Mostly curious / amused.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012

View attachment 2276072
Also, because UPS totally f*d up my Ultra Watch 2 delivery for today by delaying until Monday, I bought another UW2 for pickup in store tomorrow at 6:30p. I will definitely try to go earlier.

Mgiorgi12

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Has anyone’s shown up that had the issue “label created” but no shipping info showing on UPS? I contacted Apple and they assured me it will be delivered today but I’m not too hopeful.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Oooh good to know. I have AC+ already. 🙌🏼

Read the fine print though. Unless AC+ has changed, they claim coverage doesn't apply to "cosmetic damage" - there'd need to be a functional issue like the watch having gotten caught between a hammer and the counter top.

(just kidding, I don't advocate intentionally damaging a watch to get an AC+ replacement!)

• Haha
Reactions: taynasoldera

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Waiting patiently for UPS with the front door open since waking up several hours ago. Figured I’m come to this thread to kill some time and share in the excitement of everyone getting their new Watch! Congrats everyone!!

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
I have my watch. I have it all setup. It looks the same and works the same, for the most part, but it is faster, which I like. I wish they would flatten the top, so you could protect the glass a bit better.

Reactions: Taki

SoftyEng

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
I wish they would flatten the top, so you could protect the glass a bit better.
I agree.

Now that the ultra is out too, it’s annoying they keep it the same instead of design the s9 to match. It’s as if they’re acknowledging it as the newest “best” look.

Guess that will be for the s10 or next redesign.

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
1695413271879.png
Mine has been pushed back a bit. Hopefully it doesn't come until after 5. I usually don't get home from work until then and I'd rather not have it sitting by the front door.

I've never had any issues with Amazon leaving by the door but would hate to have today be the first.

Last edited:
Reactions: jz0309
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.