Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
My order was delivered but somehow I was sent completely the wrong item. Was supposed to be a 45mm Silver Stainless Series 9 with a Nike sport loop and I ended up with a 45mm Midnight Aluminum Series 9 GPS with a graphite milanese loop. Been chatting with Apple for nearly an hour trying to figure this out...

Edit: Apple is opening a "shipping investigation", but I'm not sure what good that would do. The package was addressed to me and had not been opened so it seems clear whoever packed it screwed up, not UPS. I have to ship back the wrong item and once Apple has received and inspected it, they will ship my replacement. What a waste of my time.

Last edited:

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
The Blue Ocean band is a bit lighter in color than the same one on the Ultra 1 order.

Reactions: Ringst

WelshBloke257

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
G

Glad I picked that one. Originally didn't care as planned to lob it at CEX (UK reseller) but they're offering so little now I plan to keep it.
And me, although if I remember correctly, with Three, the only choice of trail loop was the Black/Blue one. Didn't fancy the Ocean or Alpine loops. Very happy with it and it does look good on the watch.

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
I finally made up my mind to order the new Series 9 watch yesterday! I ordered the SS 45mm with the Mulberry Sport Band. Apple says it should be here Sept. 28 -30. So excited, since this will be a definite upgrade from my SS 45mm Series 4! I can’t complain, since it’s still on its original battery and has served me well. Not trading in, since Apple would only give $50.00. I may pass it down to someone else. I’m debating on whether or not to add a cellular plan to it, or just rely on bluetooth or wifi as I’ve done with my Series 4. I’ll have to find out how much T-Mobile charges to add a plan.

I’m anxious to see that Mulberry band in person. I was torn between that one or the Starlight, but in the end, the Mulberry won, lol. I may order the Starlight later on down the road.

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
Hey, I ordered mine on Amazon too. Does your delivery appointment/ETA show Tuesday like mine does?? So weird, I know it shipped with 1 day shipping. Confused over here.

Any update on yours? I'm expecting mine to change to "out for delivery" any moment now

jonjames505

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
Any update on yours? I'm expecting mine to change to "out for delivery" any moment now
Nope, still showing as arriving Tuesday. which is super weird since on the invoice it shows the shipping time as 1 day delivery. I'm losing hope that it'll be delivered today.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
It’s here! Updating and setting up currently!

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 71

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Uh-oh. Something happened to my UPS delivery. It was showing an 11 AM - 2 PM window. The "Follow my Delivery" map was showing "Almost there".

And then...
the "Follow my Delivery" map disappeared, and the delivery window changed to 2:15 PM - 5:15 PM.

Edit: Just a UPS system glitch. The watch was actualy delivered and my wife signed for it!! Setup time!

Last edited:

clabern

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Virginia
Sigh - watch delayed by UPS, says it'll still come today, but I don't believe them. Shipped it to my work in case signature was required so will be Monday if it doesn't show today.

View attachment 2274966
Yeap - no dice on delivery today. UPS already showed up with Phones, but watch didn't make the truck. Driver didn't seem interested in answering questions either.

Going to assume there's no chance of me picking it up from the local center, right? Pretty sure Apple doesn't let you make any changes to delivery.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Patiently waiting to see what Best Buy does with my order that I placed last week. Supposed to be delivered today, but unless they're using Roadie I don't see that happening with no status update besides arriving today.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
My watch has no delivery window, just "by 7:00 PM' but I can track it on a map. My phone has a delivery window but does not allow me to track it on a map. Here's hoping they are on the same ride.

Cirlonde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
My watch has no delivery window, just "by 7:00 PM' but I can track it on a map. My phone has a delivery window but does not allow me to track it on a map. Here's hoping they are on the same ride.
Yeah, I have never understood why sometimes I can see the UPS "Live" map and sometimes I cannot. It doesn't show up for the watch coming today. Not that it has ever been super accurate for me anyway...seems like our local UPS route is not the most efficient (at least from my perspective!) Lots of back tracking.

Reactions: jz0309

Tdude96

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2021
My order was delivered but somehow I was sent completely the wrong item. Was supposed to be a 45mm Silver Stainless Series 9 with a Nike sport loop and I ended up with a 45mm Midnight Aluminum Series 9 GPS with a graphite milanese loop. Been chatting with Apple for nearly an hour trying to figure this out...

Edit: Apple is opening a "shipping investigation", but I'm not sure what good that would do. The package was addressed to me and had not been opened so it seems clear whoever packed it screwed up, not UPS. I have to ship back the wrong item and once Apple has received and inspected it, they will ship my replacement. What a waste of my time.
Hopefully you can hold onto that band!

• Sad
Reactions: JBinPDX

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Yeah, I have never understood why sometimes I can see the UPS "Live" map and sometimes I cannot. It doesn't show up for the watch coming today. Not that it has ever been super accurate for me anyway...seems like our local UPS route is not the most efficient (at least from my perspective!) Lots of back tracking.
Last time I did that, the map showed at some times but not at others, maybe it’s something the driver can turn on/off? No idea

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Mine is now out for delivery, still says 1-4pm but past history suggest it’ll be later than that…
Also my trade in box will be delivered by fedex tomorrow…

Reactions: dustyblueheron

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
I got royally screwed. First, UPS said my watch was out for delivery between 11:30a-3:30p. Then I get delayed until Monday, 9/25. The story they're giving is that the UPS center had a power outage and they couldn't sort packages. Imagine all the Apple order - iPhones and Watches - that got screwed.
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 12.16.10 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.