Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
When the screen dims on my Ultra 2 I've noticed that sometimes it flashes brighter about once a second. Waking the screen up and then letting it dim again fixes the issue until the next time it happens. Has anyone else noticed this?

Taki

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
I upgraded from Apple Watch 6 to 9. Got my new watch on Friday, but still haven't gotten the trade-in kit. Wondering if I need to contact Apple if others already have it.
I picked up my pre-ordered watch from an Apple Store on Friday. The box shipped yesterday and will be arriving tomorrow (Tuesday).

gamerdude

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2015
Shipping estimate for me is 28th Sept to Oct 2nd for the S9. Any idea when "Preparing to Ship" (Stuck in this status for 4 days) changes to Shipped?

jonjames505

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
My Ultra 2 arrived this afternoon, a day earlier than expected. First impression: so glad I didn’t chicken out thinking it was too big. It’s very comfortable and I can’t wait to forget about my battery anxiety!
My Ultra 2 got delivered this morning. I was worried about the weight but after putting it on, it doesn't feel any heavier than my series 7 aluminum 45mm. What strap did you get? I went with Trail Loop light gray. Looks solid.

Reactions: aerospacethrace

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
My Ultra 2 got delivered this morning. I was worried about the weight but after putting it on, it doesn't feel any heavier than my series 7 aluminum 45mm. What strap did you get? I went with Trail Loop light gray. Looks solid.
Mine’s a bit of a change from the 41mm series 4, but really light even on my 14.5cm/5.7” wrists. I went with the ocean band partly because I worried about the lugs of the other designs making the watch appear excessively wide on my wrist. But now that I have it and have used it for a few hours I’m not worried any more, and will be picking up some other bands when I get a chance.

How are you liking the Trail Loop? The light grey looks really good, such a nice match for the watch.

jonjames505

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
Mine’s a bit of a change from the 41mm series 4, but really light even on my 14.5cm/5.7” wrists. I went with the ocean band partly because I worried about the lugs of the other designs making the watch appear excessively wide on my wrist. But now that I have it and have used it for a few hours I’m not worried any more, and will be picking up some other bands when I get a chance.

How are you liking the Trail Loop? The light grey looks really good, such a nice match for the watch.
I've always worn either sport loop or Nike sport loop, so I had to go with the trail loop. Glad I did because its super soft and comfortable and can be precisely sized. I'm happy with it and will likely pick up the black/blue one as well. I am curious about the ocean band though. I wish the official Ultra bands weren't $100. If they were $50 I'd pick up several.

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
I've always worn either sport loop or Nike sport loop, so I had to go with the trail loop. Glad I did because its super soft and comfortable and can be precisely sized. I'm happy with it and will likely pick up the black/blue one as well. I am curious about the ocean band though. I wish the official Ultra bands weren't $100. If they were $50 I'd pick up several.
Agree completely. Here the bands cost equivalent to $119, as if they weren’t already costly enough. I found a gently used Trail Loop for less than half price which I’ll be getting, and I’ll also look for a few discounted 45mm bands since all my old ones are the smaller size. Glad to hear the Trail Loop is is a good choice too, it would have been my second choice for sure!

The ocean band is really nice, it fits securely and but still with breathing space due to the ridges/waves. It will gets lots of run and gym use, but perhaps less so outside of that once I have a slightly more dressy option.

urbZZ

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2016
My ultra 2 just moved up a week!
Mine is being delivered today, moved down a week from 2.-5. Oct, hope I don't get yours :)

Why on earth is Apple using UPS, it's the worst! The only Delivery-Service without proper live tracking in 2023 ... So I have to be home all Day, because they even are unable to tell you if they deliver late morning or in the afternoon :mad:

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Mine is being delivered today, moved down a week from 2.-5. Oct, hope I don't get yours :)

Why on earth is Apple using UPS, it's the worst! The only Delivery-Service without proper live tracking in 2023 ... So I have to be home all Day, because they even are unable to tell you if they deliver late morning or in the afternoon :mad:
Actually, UPS is a better choice than USPS or FedEx for deliveries as UPS has live map tracker that is quite awesome.

UPS even gives a 2 hour delivery window too.

I used the UPS map tracker to make sure I was home for my S9:

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 12.28.13.png

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019

Mine has just went to preparing to ship. It was October 3rd then went to September 28th to now preparing to ship.

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
Now that's a big upgrade!
That’s why I’m so excited, lol. I was really hoping that since it went to Preparing to Ship on Friday that it would have shipped already. It would have been nice to receive it today, since I’m off on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Oh, well, they say patience is a virtue (I don’t have enough of it). “But I want it yesterday!”

urbZZ

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2016
Actually, UPS is a better choice than USPS or FedEx for deliveries as UPS has live map tracker that is quite awesome.

UPS even gives a 2 hour delivery window too.

I used the UPS map tracker to make sure I was home for my S9:

View attachment 2281449
This seems to be available in the US only. In my tracking information it only says ‚till end of day 😡‘

• Sad
Reactions: 4sallypat

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
That’s why I’m so excited, lol. I was really hoping that since it went to Preparing to Ship on Friday that it would have shipped already. It would have been nice to receive it today, since I’m off on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Oh, well, they say patience is a virtue (I don’t have enough of it). “But I want it yesterday!”
Wish I could be. I am waiting on my phone still and it's lagging behind a by a month. So the watch gets to sit there. I went to android so I'm stuck for a bit.

• Sad
Reactions: Lsmachado

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
Wish I could be. I am waiting on my phone still and it's lagging behind a by a month. So the watch gets to sit there. I went to android so I'm stuck for a bit.
Oh no! I hope you receive your new phone ahead of schedule. It has to be hard having your new watch and not being able to use it. The waiting is so hard.

I think they slammed the door in my face when they were handing out patience, lol. I’m always like a kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to getting new stuff, especially tech stuff.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Oh no! I hope you receive your new phone ahead of schedule. It has to be hard having your new watch and not being able to use it. The waiting is so hard.

I think they slammed the door in my face when they were handing out patience, lol. I’m always like a kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to getting new stuff, especially tech stuff.
Haha sounds like me. I work in IT do anything tech for me is fun.

Reactions: Lsmachado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.