Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actcyclist

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
I'm really disappointed in the Infographic Watch face and complications.

The weather data that Apple uses in Australia is from a USA weather service that doesn't even try to be accurate. So, the weather information looks great, but it's completely unreliable. It's probably dangerous to rely on Apple's chosen weather source where I live because it can show clear weather when there are storms coming.

So basically, the new watch faces are useless to me.

Reactions: Xenex and NetMage

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
sorry to jump in. Also looking for the new heart rate complication, with the graph. Anyone get that to work on the modular watch face?

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
Does anyone know if 3rd party complications like Dark Sky and Todoist should work with the new Infograph Watch Face?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
There is an alarm and a stopwatch complication on the regular Infographic watch face.

Very odd that it’s not available on the modular one

Jason

Regular infographic doesn’t support stopwatch or alarm in the circle complications, which are the only ones in common with the info modular.

What *is* odd is that the infographic modular is almost identical to the regular modular (just seems to have one small extra complication above the clock). And on the regular modular you can have alarm, stopwatch and timer in those circular complications. So it makes no sense they aren’t also available on the infographic faces

r9OOvPO.jpg

Reactions: jagooch and NetMage

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I love the modular infographic face, in fact it is probably my favorite. I particularly appreciate the graph in the middle. But I'll probably end up using the regular analog infographic because it supports both stopwatch and timer (both of which I use a lot).

For some reason timer works in both the corner type of complication and the round type but stopwatch only works in the corner and not the round. Odd because they should tehcnically both fit in the round complication the same way, like they do on the old modular face (which I consider obsolete now).

Reactions: NetMage

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I don’t get it. Can you not change the complications on the new faces?
Also, there is a feature where the now playing briefly flashes at the top center.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2003
I don’t get it. Can you not change the complications on the new faces?
Also, there is a feature where the now playing briefly flashes at the top center.

There are very limited complication choices. For example in the new modular face, for the large center complication you can only choose between Activity, Calendar, Heart Rate, Stocks, and Weather Conditions (plus any compatible 3rd party complications, such as Carrot).

The Now Playing complication is not available in either of the two new Infograph faces.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
Clearly I’m not the only one bothered by this! I hope Apple does update things. Or perhaps a 3rd party complication will handle my needs. Like Overcast perhaps. He just updated his app to support the watch again.

Reactions: Sean006

radiotowers

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Virginia
I was planning to use the Infograph Modular face, but noticed that the World Clock complications are only available as analogue clocks and not digital, like they are with the regular Modular face. With three time zones to track, it's too difficult to tell the time at a glance with the analogue versions, considering how small the complications are. Doesn't make much sense either, since they're the same size on either Modular or Infograph Modular, so that the "digital" version are not an option is a little baffling.

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I was planning to use the Infograph Modular face, but noticed that the World Clock complications are only available as analogue clocks and not digital, like they are with the regular Modular face. With three time zones to track, it's too difficult to tell the time at a glance with the analogue versions, considering how small the complications are. Doesn't make much sense either, since they're the same size on either Modular or Infograph Modular, so that the "digital" version are not an option is a little baffling.

Yes, I keep on old modular face around for Timezones so I can swipe left. Analog looks great but is not my style.

I think there is a constant tussle between Jony Ive and the geeks in this design.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Don’t panic fellas, I’m sure this will be addressed.

3rd party are here and now Air Matters (top left) HeartWatch (bottom right) and more are coming. They haven’t had long to work on this.
View attachment 786389

Is that a screenshot from the Series 4 watch? If so, it's very interesting that it does not have rounded corners, and instead creates false squared corners. I wonder how a non-black background would look then?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
The watch still has the other fullscreen complications, and I am sure they will update it soon. That is a lot of data to pull - 8 different complications. My guess is that they drain a lot of battery. On release, works as advertised. Update to allow pull from 8 sources, battery life isn’t as advertised.

They fix it with bigger battery in the 5, and we justify the upgrade by saying that we hated the battery in the 4. Same pattern over and over.

Reactions: axtual
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.