Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
I’m wondering where the heart rate complication is, where you can see the real time graph in the modular face, as shown in the ads. Anyone get that? Am I doing something wrong? Further update?

barjam

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
This doesn't surprise me too much based on how complications are created. There are types and if you don't register your complication as providing a specific type it won't be there. It seems like it is an oversight and they just forgot to add the registration piece for these.

There are so many types and some are similar it is a little daunting to provide them all. Circular/Modular/Color/etc.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Hoping some of these complication anomalies can be corrected in software updates. It all has the feeling of not being quite ready.

Oh, and no "Now playing" on infographic faces either.

Last edited:
Reactions: NetMage and edhchoe

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Is that a screenshot from the Series 4 watch? If so, it's very interesting that it does not have rounded corners, and instead creates false squared corners. I wonder how a non-black background would look then?

Yes its my screenshot. Here is a non black. It’s rounded.

5430A4B7-E729-4357-B6AF-0B1311B1ADFE.png

Reactions: tromboneaholic

sportykid2332

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Anyone else not seeing the complication for this watch face? It shows up on the legacy ones but not the new infographic watch faces. Maybe we have to wait for nike to update the app?

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Don’t panic fellas, I’m sure this will be addressed.

3rd party are here and now Air Matters (top left) HeartWatch (bottom right) and more are coming. They haven’t had long to work on this.

I was disappointed too that all of the reasonable and appropriate apps did not have Infographic-compatible complications at launch, but I agree that it's a temporary situation. Well-supported third-party apps will add Infographic complications soon, and I expect Apple will play catch-up with their missing apps.

Reactions: Smurphy Gherkin

Pmizell

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2015
and the MLB At-Bat Complication they showed during the keynote isn't there either..
It’s a complication on one of the older faces, but the score isn’t updating. I remember them bragging the scores update in real time. I’ve been searching for an hour to figure out what I did wrong but alas, it was just puffery. Kinda blows, Apple.

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
I am wondering how having this many complications effects battery life?

I was at 100% at 3pm today and now my watch is already down to 68%. I haven't really used it much since I charged it up. Seems fast to me. (I am coming from a series 2)

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
It’s a complication on one of the older faces, but the score isn’t updating. I remember them bragging the scores update in real time. I’ve been searching for an hour to figure out what I did wrong but alas, it was just puffery. Kinda blows, Apple.

This is what they showed in the Keynote.. I wouldn't even mind the "old style" MLB At-Bat complication, but none work on the Infograph Modular face. I'm sticking with the regular Modular for now, hopefully the 3rd party updates come son!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 9.50.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 9.50.34 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 306

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Just chiming in to say I'm baffled that I can add Drafts, Carrot, and Just Press Record complications to Infograph but not Home. That's ludicrous. And Apple has been through extensive beta testing for many months, so it's hard to believe that they just didn't have enough time to implement all of the stock complications to this face. But I can't fathom what the rationale is behind limiting certain comps on certain faces.

edhchoe

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
The new face with Gazillion complications is the only reason I am considering upgrading to a AW4. And it is not even working right.
I demand a heavy discount on it!

DamFu

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
This is what they showed in the Keynote.. I wouldn't even mind the "old style" MLB At-Bat complication, but none work on the Infograph Modular face. I'm sticking with the regular Modular for now, hopefully the 3rd party updates come son!

How do you the line score to show up? Is that only when the game is in progress?

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Yes its my screenshot. Here is a non black. It’s rounded.

View attachment 786435

Thanks. Fascinating it’s masked like that ... it's interesting in that the iPhone X does not take screenshots with rounded edges, it shows squared corners, as if the display is masking them out physically on the phone, but they're still there.

Just musing out loud, not that you’d know, but I wonder if Android Wear watch screenshots are similarly masked circles within a square.

Last edited:

aloecool

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Another thing I noticed was all of my third party complications were missing on the new watch, then realized I had to re-install the apps again in the Watch App to the new watch

BummsGeordy

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2013
Anyone else not seeing the complication for this watch face? It shows up on the legacy ones but not the new infographic watch faces. Maybe we have to wait for nike to update the app?

I think so. I can't even install the Nike-App on my wacht, because it "demands" an update... annoying...

Reactions: xDKP

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
New Watch owner here and feel like I'm missing something obvious when it comes to adding complications.

I have settled on using the Infograph Modular but find that the stock sunrise-sunset isn't an option for the three small circle spots on the bottom nor the one on the top left. So I got the app Sundial thinking that would offer me a complication and, despite being installed on the Watch and being listed under the Complications area in my paired iPhone, it does not appear as an option.

I also have other 3rd party complications listed there including Underground, Tide Graph, Tides and Ocean Watch. Only Ocean Watch currently comes up as an option.

Would really like to see sunrise/sunset times in the top left or one of the bottom three complications. I touched base with the Carrot Weather developer who is planning to bringing this out but wondered, again, if I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out. Used the apparently older Infograph face and was able to access all. Guess it's a waiting game until 3rd parties update their complications for the new Infograph Modular but Apple now allowing some of their stock apps is just dumb

Last edited:
Reactions: NetMage

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
Same here. My biggest gripe is I can't get the stock Messages app or any the 3rd party apps I like on the new modular Infograph face. It's very disappointing. I see there's a few other threads on this as well. You would think at least Messages would be supported. Having to go back to the older modular face is a bummer. Hopefully updates come fast.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.